Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Pattaya  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just spent 10 days in Pattaya and heading for Bangkok in a taxi. Never been a great lover of the place but good to get away from the UK weather in February, every day over 32 degrees and no sign of rain.
The exchange rate has made this place far more expensive, when I arrived it was 46.40 to £ and now it is 45.30.
In 2004 I was getting 71 so forget about Thailand being a cheap destination, that is no longer the case.
OK, you can get overnighters in Pattaya for £30 or less but once you factor in a £650 flight and hotel costs it is not such a bargain.
A small bottled beer in Walking Street costs about 90 baht and ladydrinks have increased to 130 baht.
Language is still a major problem, many of the girls are fresh off the farm and only know the very basic words, forget having any sort of sensible conversation.
Regarding numbers of hookers in the resort it is impossible to say but if I guessed at 40K it wouldn't be far out, the actual quality is abysmal and you need a lot of patience to find the hidden gems, it helps if you are a heavy drinker because your standards will come down?
My hotel was called Sea Me Spring on Soi 10, good location about 1 minute from Beach Road but at £48 a night far from cheap, free Wi-Fi but poor signal unless you sat in reception.
I don't recommend this hotel in the next year or so due to major building work that has just started next door, a new hotel will cut out the sea view.
I will report on my last 5 days in Bangkok in due course.

James999

Have you not found that "Special girl" Who's not like all the rest and who wants to be your girlfriend and spend all her time with you as you are so special  :sarcastic:

How many lovelies have you taken back so far ?

As for the flight costs, wherever you go there is this cost and the further you go then the higher the costs, so in punting terms this can be excluded if you are there for a holidy, £30 for an overnight is cheap by anyones standards, and you can always doggy style if they have a face that looks like they've been smashed in the face with a wok  :lol:

Offline Steve2

Why you keep going back baffles me Jim. Is it the dementia?

Why not try a nice place like Dubai? Great weather, great hotels, half the flying time and not surrounded by 40,000 ugly hookers

Offline Jimmyredcab

Why you keep going back baffles me Jim. Is it the dementia?

Why not try a nice place like Dubai? Great weather, great hotels, half the flying time and not surrounded by 40,000 ugly hookers

I seriously considered Dubai, however the thought of 15 nights of their draconian drinking laws put me off, as you are no doubt aware you can only drink in hotel bars.

I never said the whole 40,000 were ugly, just the vast majority.  :hi:

James999

Why not try a nice place like Dubai?

You are taking the piss of course, the only good thing about the place is they don't let women drive, It's is basically a building site in the desert  :scare:

lovingfacials

JRC

Thats a real shame I havnt been to SE Asia for 10+ years and probably wont be going for another 5, I used to be a frequent vistor to the region in the 90'S when lived in the Asia Pacific area..........and loved the fact (at the time excahge rate in the 70 - £) I could visit a talior and get a suit & 5 shirts at good qualtity for next to nothing, stay in a top hotel and have 2 whores for the night and fly home knowing the c/c bill was still next to nothing.

It just shows a place may be fixed in you mind but in reality it moves on when you leave and evolves and 'grows up' I dont know if I would like it now!

bigone

James999

are you all loved up yet?

He's not mentioned punting so it could be that the one he has met is "the special one"  :sarcastic:

Offline manc36

I've always fancied Thailand, interesting to read about the reality of the place. Although £30 a night is cheap, it's still not the £10 a nights that some people say it costs.

Still, wish I was there myself, beats working in the cold over here.
Banned reason: Abuse
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've always fancied Thailand, interesting to read about the reality of the place. Although £30 a night is cheap, it's still not the £10 a nights that some people say it costs.

I heard stories years ago about girls staying with you all week for £30 and they would do your washing as well, that is distant history, they have wised up. :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

He's not mentioned punting so it could be that the one he has met is "the special one"  :sarcastic:

James, just noticed your avatar.
I flew home today on an Arab airline (Qatar).
I sat in an aisle seat and to my right a woman had a full face Burkha, when I saw the food coming round I wondered how she was going to eat.
To my amazement she left it on but lifted the front up like a cat flap.

When are these people going to enter the 21st Century.   :unknown:

James999

What is wrong is the way the Guys force their wives to hid themselves, and then the guys leer at the female tourists  :hi:

Offline manc36

I heard stories years ago about girls staying with you all week for £30 and they would do your washing as well, that is distant history, they have wised up. :hi:

Haha I should've known it was too good to be true, i'd like to think of Thailand as a lovely place, hot with great beaches but the added bonus of lot's of shagging.

It is expensive ( I think anyway) for flights and i'd want decent digs - Maybe one day  :)

Offline Jimmyredcab

What is wrong is the way the Guys force their wives to hid themselves, and then the guys leer at the female tourists  :hi:

There is actually an Arab quarter now in Pattaya, the far end of Walking Street.   :bomb:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Haha I should've known it was too good to be true, i'd like to think of Thailand as a lovely place, hot with great beaches but the added bonus of lot's of shagging.

It is expensive ( I think anyway) for flights and i'd want decent digs - Maybe one day  :)

You will struggle to get a flight for under £600 in peak season, and that is not direct, I paid £650 via Doha.

If you want a decent hotel in a prime location you would be looking at £50 a night, of course there are rooms as low as £10 if you are not fussy.

Offline manc36

You will struggle to get a flight for under £600 in peak season, and that is not direct, I paid £650 via Doha.

If you want a decent hotel in a prime location you would be looking at £50 a night, of course there are rooms as low as £10 if you are not fussy.

Jesus, I always fancied 3 weeks. Having just read your post about the price of drinks then that can seriously add up. Reality check for sure.

bigone

Jesus, I always fancied 3 weeks. Having just read your post about the price of drinks then that can seriously add up. Reality check for sure.
been to thailand over 20 times :P,not been the last 10 months, :( times are changing fast out there,i think i have seen the best times,mabe ill go back in 2014 :)

Offline Jerboa

Still, wish I was there myself, beats working in the cold over here.

The blokes who tell you that you can get a Thai girl for a tenner a night are the ones who have never been, furthest east they've been would be 2 weeks In Spain, they just heard It from a bloke In a pub who's friend of a friend went there once.
You can get decent enough clean rooms for around £10-£20 a night.

There is actually an Arab quarter now in Pattaya, the far end of Walking Street.   :bomb:

There has been a Arab quarter there for years mate.

Offline Jimmyredcab

There has been a Arab quarter there for years mate.

Yes maybe but when were you last there, it is now bigger than ever, as you go past the second Simons complex it has more or less taken over the road on the left, all you can see are people smoking those massive pipes, can't remember what they are called.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You can get decent enough clean rooms for around £10-£20 a night.

Yes I did say cheaper rooms are available but I would advise a newbie to only book the first two nights in one of these budget rooms in case it turns out to be unsuitable, finding accomodation in Pattaya is never going to be a problem, they are forever building new hotels.
Personally I prefer newer hotels in a good location.

Offline Steve2

all you can see are people smoking those massive pipes, can't remember what they are called.

They are Hookahs Jim. Not to be confused with Hookers

hammbone

I went to Bangkok and Pattaya about 5x in 3 years, but havent gone in 2 years.  Pattaya is absolutely full of ugly women, women you do not want to pay for.  Having said that, I also met my dream girl there and 1-2 other very, very lovely ones.  The best deals are found on Soi Six, where you can get CIM for about £20 or so.   There's some jewels scattered in among the old ladies, you have to look.  But the jewels won't spend the night with you unless you are, say, 35 or under and dress well.  I prefer FKK clubs simply becasue the women there, many of them, are lovely, some stunning.  Prefer beauty to cheap overnighter with fat cow.  Generally, prices seem cheap but are not when all is added up--the lady drinks, the airfare, the hotels. 

Also, there's a fair amount of 'age discrimation', weight discrimination and preference for Japanese/Asian men.

BKK has far more attractive girls, when I was there last you could find streetwalkers for about £25, some might go all night at that price.  But the bar girls are much more and you'll find yourself spending £70-100 for the girl, bar fine and drinks, if they are hot.

Offline Jerboa

Yes maybe but when were you last there, it is now bigger than ever, as you go past the second Simons complex it has more or less taken over the road on the left, all you can see are people smoking those massive pipes, can't remember what they are called.

I was there last November, there are more Arabs as well as Russians and Chinese these days.

Offline Jerboa

I went to Bangkok and Pattaya about 5x in 3 years, but haven't gone in 2 years.  Pattaya is absolutely full of ugly women, women you do not want to pay for.  Having said that, I also met my dream girl there and 1-2 other very, very lovely ones.  The best deals are found on Soi Six, where you can get CIM for about £20 or so.   There's some jewels scattered in among the old ladies, you have to look.  But the jewels won't spend the night with you unless you are, say, 35 or under and dress well.  I prefer FKK clubs simply becasue the women there, many of them, are lovely, some stunning.  Prefer beauty to cheap overnighter with fat cow.  Generally, prices seem cheap but are not when all is added up--the lady drinks, the airfare, the hotels. 

Also, there's a fair amount of 'age discrimination', weight discrimination and preference for Japanese/Asian men.

BKK has far more attractive girls, when I was there last you could find streetwalkers for about £25, some might go all night at that price.  But the bar girls are much more and you'll find yourself spending £70-100 for the girl, bar fine and drinks, if they are hot.

Ok I agree with you not all the girls are stunners, you have to to do some hunting, things have changed, but decent bargirls can be found In Patts.
Here are a few Pattaya girls.  :thumbsup: :P

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

Many people are able to find photos of a pretty Thai girl but so far no one has taken up my challenge.

Find me a clip on You-tube showing pretty bargirls in Pattaya, I don't believe it exists.  :hi:

Offline skittish

I've never been I do have mates that go often and lately they have come back saying it's not what it was. I first wondered if the novelty had worn off but they still keep returning often more than once a year. So what's the draw if it's going downhill? Would you say you'll return Jimmy or are you done now?

Is there a similar alternative that's up and coming or do you think the days of cheap mongering are over?

lovingfacials

Has the trail not moved onto Vietnam/Loas etc or is all of SE Asia 'caught up?

Offline Jimmyredcab

I have never been but my research revealved that punting is "frowned on" by the authorities which makes it very hard to take girls back to your hotel, if anyone knows any different I would be very interested.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've never been I do have mates that go often and lately they have come back saying it's not what it was. I first wondered if the novelty had worn off but they still keep returning often more than once a year. So what's the draw if it's going downhill? Would you say you'll return Jimmy or are you done now?
Is there a similar alternative that's up and coming or do you think the days of cheap mongering are over?

Let's just say that I am in no hurry to return, in 2004 I went to Thailand 4 times however a lot has changed in the last 9 years, for starters I am 9 years older.   :thumbsdown:

hammbone

Geez, have you GONE to any bars in pattaya?  There's plenty of pretty girls in the bars--not like in BKK but they are there.  And I am very picky.  I think the best one was called Happy gogo??  About midway down Walking street (entering from the usual direction, same as car traffic), and then make a left.  It's a bit hidden away from the main gogo's and at the end of a bunch of small outdoor 'bars', that place was packed by 9PM, at least 40 girls and at least 10 very very pretty.  I don't ever recall seeing a bona fide ugly sort there--they'd never survive. One girl there was among the most beautiful I've ever been with.  She never got on stage for more than 10 minutes before she was bar fined, you had to move fast.  But there's plenty of dead bars too and you have to move in and out to find the good ones.

For those looking for more wild, there's the Windmill.  It's got mostly girls who have clearly had a child or two, but even there I've found 2 gems that I can recall.  Both were 17, one had incredible tits and really good face.  Windmill does a lot of lapdancing with a lot of touching, girls do dildo shows, guys lick their pussies while the girls are on stage--none of which does much for me but some seem to like it.

In past 5 years I've spent over a full month in Pattaya.  Generally, the girls are not attractive.  Nothing is as cheap as it seems at first.  But there are some absolute gems, esp in the bars, but have to go hunt for them.  The problem is that the gems know they are gems, it's not like BKK where there are just so many girls and the competition is fierce.  So, in Pattaya (and to some degree in BKK), the gems will make you pay.

While I'm at it, there was one very strange bar.  If you wanted big tits, that was the place to go, and I like big tits.  Natural ones only.  First time there I found a gem--one of those just off the farm girls, fantastic earthy body, not a word of Engilsh.  Great time.  But when I returned 3 months later, she was totally different, and this is what makes this bar weird.  Once you barfine the girl, she will make it clear that she hates you and hates her work.  Inside, they tempt you with their great tits, and smile, and beg for bar fine.  But once that is done, they get ice cold.  I think this is down to the mama san or something.  So much as I like big tits, I stay away from the joint as the overall experience is terrible.  And they are very pushy about drinks, and ugly girls and waitresses will approach you asking for tips outright. Argh.

bigone

Angeles City, Philippines seems the place to go

Offline Steve2

Geez, have you GONE to any bars in pattaya?  There's plenty of pretty girls in the bars--not like in BKK but they are there.  And I am very picky.  I think the best one was called Happy gogo??  About midway down Walking street (entering from the usual direction, same as car traffic), and then make a left.  It's a bit hidden away from the main gogo's and at the end of a bunch of small outdoor 'bars', that place was packed by 9PM, at least 40 girls and at least 10 very very pretty.  I don't ever recall seeing a bona fide ugly sort there--they'd never survive. One girl there was among the most beautiful I've ever been with.  She never got on stage for more than 10 minutes before she was bar fined, you had to move fast.  But there's plenty of dead bars too and you have to move in and out to find the good ones.

For those looking for more wild, there's the Windmill.  It's got mostly girls who have clearly had a child or two, but even there I've found 2 gems that I can recall.  Both were 17, one had incredible tits and really good face.  Windmill does a lot of lapdancing with a lot of touching, girls do dildo shows, guys lick their pussies while the girls are on stage--none of which does much for me but some seem to like it.

In past 5 years I've spent over a full month in Pattaya.  Generally, the girls are not attractive.  Nothing is as cheap as it seems at first.  But there are some absolute gems, esp in the bars, but have to go hunt for them.  The problem is that the gems know they are gems, it's not like BKK where there are just so many girls and the competition is fierce.  So, in Pattaya (and to some degree in BKK), the gems will make you pay.

While I'm at it, there was one very strange bar.  If you wanted big tits, that was the place to go, and I like big tits.  Natural ones only.  First time there I found a gem--one of those just off the farm girls, fantastic earthy body, not a word of Engilsh.  Great time.  But when I returned 3 months later, she was totally different, and this is what makes this bar weird.  Once you barfine the girl, she will make it clear that she hates you and hates her work.  Inside, they tempt you with their great tits, and smile, and beg for bar fine.  But once that is done, they get ice cold.  I think this is down to the mama san or something.  So much as I like big tits, I stay away from the joint as the overall experience is terrible.  And they are very pushy about drinks, and ugly girls and waitresses will approach you asking for tips outright. Argh.

Good info and I am sure our guys will be interested

Offline Jimmyredcab

Angeles City, Philippines seems the place to go

Been there, got the T-shirt.

Prices were much cheaper than Thailand, girls speak better English and don't seem to care about your age, the downside is that there are no open air bars, everything is Go-Go style and closed in.
I stayed at Pacific Breeze, nice hotel about £40 a night.

Offline Jerboa

While I'm at it, there was one very strange bar.  If you wanted big tits, that was the place to go, and I like big tits.  Natural ones only.  First time there I found a gem--one of those just off the farm girls, fantastic earthy body, not a word of English.  Great time.  But when I returned 3 months later, she was totally different, and this is what makes this bar weird.  Once you barfine the girl, she will make it clear that she hates you and hates her work.  Inside, they tempt you with their great tits, and smile, and beg for bar fine.  But once that is done, they get ice cold.  I think this is down to the mama san or something.  So much as I like big tits, I stay away from the joint as the overall experience is terrible.  And they are very pushy about drinks, and ugly girls and waitresses will approach you asking for tips outright. Argh.

I'm hoping that was a mistype, I'm sure you know going with bargirls under 18 Is as illegal In LOS as It Is back home, not to say they don't exist, but you could of ended up In a world of shit.

Happy Isn't well hidden, It's one of the most famous gogo, there are always welcome girls out on WS to send customers up the alley, when were you last there? a couple of months ago I thought that the place was ok but not as good as It was about 4-5 years ago, you will always find a lot of lookers In the gogo's, the problem now Is many will only go ST for 2k or wont go at all, and you have coyotes In Patts now too who are Thai model hot but are only In the clubs to earn a wage and drinks commissions, oh If I could find the fool who Invented the coyote girl concept!

I agree you have to hunt for the lookers, we don't expect to find them jumping out at you, I found sois 7-8 were dead last trip, not at all like before, but some nice girls still about, for less BS I enjoy soi 6, lived up there, so spent most afternoons and early evenings eating and drinking down there, was well known by many of the girls, It was like cheers but the girls wore hot pants and asked you to cum in their mouth lol, did ST's there, and found some decent LT's.

As for this bar where girl became cold as ice after being BF, If that happened to me I would of gone back to the bar and got my BF back and found a new bint.  :)

Offline Jimmyredcab

As for this bar where girl became cold as ice after being BF, If that happened to me I would of gone back to the bar and got my BF back and found a new bint.  :)

Easier said than done.
It would depend on your "relationship" with that bar.
Thai people are notorius for sticking together, unless you were well known to Mamasam you may have to write off the barfine, in Thailand you can't "demand" anything.  :drinks:

Offline Jerboa

Easier said than done.
It would depend on your "relationship" with that bar.
Thai people are notorius for sticking together, unless you were well known to Mamasam you may have to write off the barfine, in Thailand you can't "demand" anything.  :drinks:

That's right, you won't get your money back every time, but If you don't ask you don't get.

It's not the end of the world If you don't get a refund, just chuck the girl back at her bar and not a baht extra, and find someone else.

hammbone

Only 1 time did I get my bar fine back.  The word of mouth is that you complain to mamasan and get money back.  My experience is that this does not happen.  Your 500 or 1K bar fine is huge money to them and they wont give it back without a very good fight or reason.  17 years old is not a typo.  I've defo seen younger too.  When I first went there I assumed all the bar girls were 18+.  This is not true and the mamasans will tell you, usually, which girls are under age (they'll say 'young' or 'she cannot go to hotel' as sort of codes).  Apparently going with a 17 year old is very dangerous and some very bad things have happened to those caught, but the odds of getting caught are minimal.  To be specific, Rainbow IV which has (or had, 3 years ago) by far teh prettiest girls (but also mostly stuck up and cold) had at least 2 16/17 year old girls that I knew of.  One was truly beautiful and back then I didn't know she could be 'underage' so I went with her and eventually found out her age. 

I hate to use 'underage' regarding 17 year olds who have been fucking since 15, and by now been with hundreds of men.  Best thing to do is ask to see their ID card--if they cannot, assume they are under 18 and move on.  Now that i know what I know, I would not go with any 17 year old.

Offline Jerboa

Only 1 time did I get my bar fine back.  The word of mouth is that you complain to mamasan and get money back.  My experience is that this does not happen.  Your 500 or 1K bar fine is huge money to them and they wont give it back without a very good fight or reason.  17 years old is not a typo.  I've defo seen younger too.  When I first went there I assumed all the bar girls were 18+.  This is not true and the mamasans will tell you, usually, which girls are under age (they'll say 'young' or 'she cannot go to hotel' as sort of codes).  Apparently going with a 17 year old is very dangerous and some very bad things have happened to those caught, but the odds of getting caught are minimal.  To be specific, Rainbow IV which has (or had, 3 years ago) by far teh prettiest girls (but also mostly stuck up and cold) had at least 2 16/17 year old girls that I knew of.  One was truly beautiful and back then I didn't know she could be 'underage' so I went with her and eventually found out her age. 

I hate to use 'underage' regarding 17 year olds who have been fucking since 15, and by now been with hundreds of men.  Best thing to do is ask to see their ID card--if they cannot, assume they are under 18 and move on.  Now that i know what I know, I would not go with any 17 year old.

I know there are some underage bargirls, but I was surprised you posted what you did, I always try to steer clear of them, as I don't want to go down that road, and don't fancy getting busted by the BiB.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I know there are some underage bargirls, but I was surprised you posted what you did, I always try to steer clear of them, as I don't want to go down that road, and don't fancy getting busted by the BiB.

You don't expect to find underage girls working in established bars like Rainbow 4, but obviously it can happen, ignorance of her age would not be an excuse, could prove to be a very expensive encounter.

Offline saf1976

I've thought about the idea of moving to Thailand in 5-10 years time. Sounds bizarre as i've never been there but will be in the New Year. Seen a lot of the retirecheapasia and nickfrost videos on youtube and that kind of lifestyle would just do me, but obviously need to experience a sample of it, so at this stage the idea is in it's infancy.

Obviously being a punter the figures being quoted appeal en all.

What is the average 30 quid o/n punt like? Maybe you've seen girls on AW where you think, at UK prices not appealing as you know she'd be a 30 a night punt in Thailand? Can you link some for me to see?

What are the Russian girls like? What kind of price? Any other non Thai options?

bigone

been there over 18 times :wacko:great place to go,ill be out there in the new year as well :cool:
mate leave the russian girls alone,stuck up and very pricey,look on you tube for pattaya vids ,loads there :thumbsup:

Offline saf1976

Cheers for the reply. 18 times!! That good hey :D

So 30 for an o/n is a standard rate for Thai ladies?

bigone

Cheers for the reply. 18 times!! That good hey :D

So 30 for an o/n is a standard rate for Thai ladies?
around 40 now,but for 100 you could have a stunner all night or go down soi 6 or beach road mabe 15 for short time ;)

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've thought about the idea of moving to Thailand in 5-10 years time. Sounds bizarre as i've never been there but will be in the New Year.

It is more than bizarre, it is totally ridiculous.
If you go there for a couple of weeks you will probably think it is paradise, you really need to stay there for a few months to decide if you would be happy living there, the cost of living is slowly increasing, if you want to drink in the tourist areas you are looking at £2 for a small bottle of local beer, food can still be cheap depending where you choose to eat.
You may be shocked at the lack of "quality" girls in Pattaya, there are tens of thousands of hookers but most look like the water buffalo kicked them in the face at birth.
Could you handle the climate, it is hot all day and through the night, the rainy season can be a nightmare and floods are not uncommon in Pattaya.

Offline saf1976

Haha, I know, at this moment it's just in the back of my mind but I''m coming up 40 and due to circumstance I will have a bit behind me, enough to retire on based on some of the budgets i've seen of others who have already done it. I also make money online and could do that from the beach which appeals.

There's a lot of reasons for me to consider it, not just cheap girls, but I would need to take it all in, including the rainy season, and being there for a while. There's not much to keep me here by that point, just the familiarity. It may not be Thailand, it may be some where like it, but it's something I'm looking into.

Pattaya may not be the only option in Thailand. Hua hin looks interesting. As does Chiang Mai, but no beach there. Pattaya may be a bit too much for me as i'm not that big a drinker these days.

These are the chaps I follow on YT. First video is long, but his channel is decent for viewing if of interest.

External Link/Members Only

In the 2nd vid, what rate would that class of girl be? He tends to pick up girls off dating sites as well as being a punter.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Pattaya may not be the only option in Thailand. Hua hin looks interesting. As does Chiang Mai, but no beach there. Pattaya may be a bit too much for me as i'm not that big a drinker these days.

Pattaya is slowly being taken over by Arabs and Russians but it is possible to avoid them, not being a drinker would be your biggest problem, there is little else to do at night.

Offline Jerboa

Haha, I know, at this moment it's just in the back of my mind but I''m coming up 40 and due to circumstance I will have a bit behind me, enough to retire on based on some of the budgets i've seen of others who have already done it. I also make money online and could do that from the beach which appeals.

There's a lot of reasons for me to consider it, not just cheap girls, but I would need to take it all in, including the rainy season, and being there for a while. There's not much to keep me here by that point, just the familiarity. It may not be Thailand, it may be some where like it, but it's something I'm looking into.

These are the chaps I follow on YT. First video is long, but his channel is decent for viewing if of interest.

In the 2nd vid, what rate would that class of girl be? He tends to pick up girls off dating sites as well as being a punter.

The girl looks cute, I also meet girls off dating sites as well as bargirls.
You really need to go there yourself and see If you like the place before considering to retire there obviously, If you don't fall In love easy, and clever enough to do plenty of research you shouldn't lose your shirt.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You really need to go there yourself and see If you like the place before considering to retire there obviously, If you don't fall In love easy, and clever enough to do plenty of research you shouldn't lose your shirt.

Good advice, also don't commit to buying a property until you are 100% sure that Thailand is for you.    :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Good advice, also don't commit to buying a property until you are 100% sure that Thailand is for you.    :hi:

And as we know but the OP probably doesn't, a foreigner can not own land In Thailand, only a condo.

NippleSucker

Lots of changes taken place that have seen and not for the best in Pattaya.

Was growing with Russian tourists but with Russian economy and currency problems they have reduced over last few years as total - some selling up their condos etc. However, seems over run by Chinese mass tour groups and seems more families coming (Russians families) - no idea why you would bring a family as beach is a dump and what are you going to point out to the kids as you head down walking street?

Gogo bar prices for girls have become silly and some girls charging well inflated prices not far off a short time back home.

Soi 6 remains best value can get just over £20 for good  action short time with some nice girls but seems more ladyboys popping up and need keep alert not to fall for a post op one. Also you wonder with all building how long Soi 6 will last before another hotel pops up.

Still plenty of nice accommodation for around £20 a night

Personally I think Pattaya best days are gone and now I'm looking at new places from Vietnam to Cambodia to Philippines (better girlfriend and warmer experience) to maybe in future Mynmar as it develops.