Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New WhatsApp policy. Must have punting phone  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Borehamwood

For those who still think it's not important to have a punting phone, read this...

External Link/Members Only

Basically, if you call a WG from a phone number which is registered to WhatsApp, next time she logs onto Facebook it's going to say "Do you know...?"

Get yourself a basic old non data phone if you value your anonymity.

Offline pumps

hopefully it doesn't back date, otherwise folks without punting phones are screwed either way lol

Offline webpunter

The MHPP mantra is yet again re-inforced.  Thanks for the intel.  I'll uncheck anyways even though FB not on punting mobile.  WA does have its benefits - often different / natural pics showing.  And some burds like using for texts / calls as free

bilbo

Just Head to the app's settings menu, and then press the account tab. From there, you can uncheck the box reading "Share my account info" to stop providing Facebook with your user data.

Pretty simple to do

Offline pumps

Just Head to the app's settings menu, and then press the account tab. From there, you can uncheck the box reading "Share my account info" to stop providing Facebook with your user data.

Pretty simple to do

I don't have those options' ....yet I suppose

ClarkeOfTheCourse

I don't have those options' ....yet I suppose

You'll get a new T&Cs pop up when the upgrade arrives, that will give the option to opt out

fredpunter

You'll get a new T&Cs pop up when the upgrade arrives, that will give the option to opt out

Reading the link it isn't clear whether the opt out will prevent the issues that would most concern us .... just seems to be an option out from targeted marketing rather than helping our "friends" find us.

Last straw for Facebook with me ... it's just fucking evil ... have deleted my Facebook account today. Not that I ever really used it anyway

Offline DDBOY

Must confess have done the odd text or call on my work phone but now need to replace my old puntering phone with a smart phone as I would prefer to be able to browse and use WhatsApp.

So here is my logic, set up a "cheapish" smart phone using a specific mail address used for punting, could use the one I have set up to access AW or this site.  When doing punts, put the girl in as a contact so easy to manage but then delete or periodically do a factory reset. Only have the contacts on the phone, i.e. don't sync it with any email accounts.

Obviously Punting phone would not be used for Facebook

Anything that I am missing or tips that anyone can provide ?

Offline smiths

For those who still think it's not important to have a punting phone, read this...

Basically, if you call a WG from a phone number which is registered to WhatsApp, next time she logs onto Facebook it's going to say "Do you know...?"

I saw this mentioned on the BBC News, doesn't affect me as I always use a basic punting phone but thanks for the info as it might help others.

I have no interest in Facebook or its rivals either, total boring brain rotting sites in my view who know more about some people than their own family and friends do. This insidious way of monitoring people isn't healthy in my opinion. :thumbsdown:

Offline JayGatsby

Always been wary of it - once had a WG in my main phone contacts - and FB can access these too

Up she popped in the people I may know

Also had new followers from real life want to see my naughty twitter account cos I accessed it on the main phone using an app

Very scary

Offline andyw1969

So, being abit of a thicko with watts app / facebook would the WG pop up on our people we may know?

Offline Brazilian Martian

This is all very jason bourne now

fredpunter

So, being abit of a thicko with watts app / facebook would the WG pop up on our people we may know?

More worryingly you may pop up on hers

Offline claretandblue

There is no need to whatsapp a hooker, a simple call or text will suffice

E.L. Wisty

All these so called fancy apps are pointless and unnecessary for punting.

Offline The_Don

I've done fine with out these apps.

I use several basic (non smart) punting phone for calls and texts.

Online OakTree

Apparently it's being looked into by the UK data watchdog.

It's plain out of order. I purposely don't have my phone no linked in any way or form to Facebook. That's now could be totally undermined by whatsApp.

fredpunter

Apparently it's being looked into by the UK data watchdog.

It's plain out of order. I purposely don't have my phone no linked in any way or form to Facebook. That's now could be totally undermined by whatsApp.

Precisely ... that's why I've deleted my Facebook account .... George Orwell couldn't have thought up an bunch worse than them.

Offline claretandblue

Not always but generally they are used by punters who want to chat with hookers and exchange photos and generally blow smoke up their arses, in short the sort of punter who confuses punting with dating

E.L. Wisty

Not always but generally they are used by punters who want to chat with hookers and exchange photos and generally blow smoke up their arses, in short the sort of punter who confuses punting with dating

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn

All for someone whom they would only see for an hour or so on a given day.

dude86

Pretty simple to do

I've just updated the app and this option isn't there yet :/

Spot on  :thumbsup:

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn

All for someone whom they would only see for an hour or so on a given day.

Yep but let's not forget that some punters actually think they have friendships with the girls they see some on this forum relay messages back to them about threads that may have info on the girl.

Frampton

Pretty simple to do

Cheers for that, I had no idea that app would share data with Facebook like that.  :scare:

raylondoner

Just got my update today which had default as "share" (which I turned off), so this was worth knowing, not that I use that phone for punting though  :hi:

Type_O_Negative

Zuckennberg can fuck off -------------> i don't use facebook/whatsapp/snapchat/instagram.

Offline wheeliebinwanking

Must confess have done the odd text or call on my work phone but now need to replace my old puntering phone with a smart phone as I would prefer to be able to browse and use WhatsApp.

So here is my logic, set up a "cheapish" smart phone using a specific mail address used for punting, could use the one I have set up to access AW or this site.  When doing punts, put the girl in as a contact so easy to manage but then delete or periodically do a factory reset. Only have the contacts on the phone, i.e. don't sync it with any email accounts.

Obviously Punting phone would not be used for Facebook

Anything that I am missing or tips that anyone can provide ?

I do this essentially. Make sure the phone if factory wiped to start with and not just a old smartphone with a new sim.

To each their own, but I personallly enjoy the use of WhatsApp
WBW

Offline tazz

Zuckennberg can fuck off -------------> i don't use facebook/whatsapp/snapchat/instagram.

If only we had his billions, wed be fucking super models all day

Offline lostandfound

Seeing as Facebook own WhatsApp this news does not seem very surprising.

I personally use a smartphone for punting - but it's just a punting phone, and not linked to any social networks.

MrXYZ987

Or be a luddite like me and not bother with faceache/twatter/shitchat/wankapp

Offline Chestergoon

I'll be honest if I see a wg on adult work I usually copy and paste her phone number into Facebook or save it to see if there's any other pics on whatsapp etc

Offline dirkdiggler583

I use my smart phone in incognito (wank) mode to look them up.
and then a nokia 130 to call/text.

I get a sim with £10 credit and dump it when it runs out.
Also before I leave a 'known location' to go visit a girl I turn off all location services on my smart phone and use something called 'a map' if I get lost.