Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Matching Hotlist to UKP  (Read 1221 times)

Offline char45

Don't know if this is possible and would love one of the more technically minded members to give it some thought. I have a fairly long hotlist on AW of potentials that I might see in future, is it possible somehow to match this to reviews or comments on UKP? E.g. if someone on UKP posts a review about a girl on my HL I see that automatically?

Offline Corus Boy

If you were to start a thread titled, My Hot List, copy and paste the girls AW Profile URL into the thread, like this;

External Link/Members Only

Any reviews currently on UKP will show as will any new reviews everytime you return. They will be listed under your post, as will the ones for Seren. They will continue to be displayed if she changes her Profile Name.

It will take some time on your part but if it's something you want you'll find the time.

OldAdmin

Your suggestion and many other ideas I have already thought of and noted down for many years, but the problem is I do not have time to implement them.

I did implement a basic API for something else but no one has used it. It feels to me like there are barely any punters who have programming experience to make use of such APIs, and I have to do everything myself.

Offline char45

Hi Admin, wish I had the technical skills to help with this kind of thing and appreciate all your work. Corus Boy, good idea but would lead to 100s of personal pages cluttering up the board, unless admin wanted it as a feature or some other member had the ability to do it I I don't think it is a good idea

Offline Marmalade

Your suggestion and many other ideas I have already thought of and noted down for many years, but the problem is I do not have time to implement them.

I did implement a basic API for something else but no one has used it. It feels to me like there are barely any punters who have programming experience to make use of such APIs, and I have to do everything myself.

If that's the gizmo that makes the UKP link appear on the punter's view of the AW profile, I do it use it sometimes when I'm on a desktop. But a a few punters would struggle even to install something that required any action on their part, much less code it. I don't know how to but would love to learn if I had more hours free, considerably more, than I do now.

The big big success I feel you have implemented on UKP, and the sheer enormity of it is apparent from the fact that no other site has managed it, is making the links to all a prossie's reviews appear when her AW number is mentioned in a post. The dramatic success of that shifted the goalposts in punters' favour big time yet again. It is also gaining ground as it seems almost impossible or too difficult for AW to block. We used to have other cute greasemonkey scripts, but any usefulness they might offer was in most cases shut down after a while by AW as they clised their loopholes. Now the main advantages are firmly centred with UKP, and less reliant on AW. 

Offline cueball

The big big success I feel you have implemented on UKP, and the sheer enormity of it is apparent from the fact that no other site has managed it, is making the links to all a prossie's reviews appear when her AW number is mentioned in a post. The dramatic success of that shifted the goalposts in punters' favour big time yet again.

Me and computers don't get on well but this mentioned above is one of the best features of ukp.

I've no idea what the rest of the posters are on about really, I thought I were Bill gates after I learnt to post links  :)

Offline Corus Boy

Hi Admin, wish I had the technical skills to help with this kind of thing and appreciate all your work. Corus Boy, good idea but would lead to 100s of personal pages cluttering up the board, unless admin wanted it as a feature or some other member had the ability to do it I I don't think it is a good idea

Not really, it would need just on thread as each member added their 'Hotlist' to the thread.  Any links to reviews in their post would appear just below the post.  Therefore each 'Hotlist' and links would be 'compartmentalised' and if you are only interested in your HL you can bookmark your individual post.

It's not perfect, but it works without more work for Admin.

LL

A member implemented a browser plugin to do it. I'll see if I can find the thread again.

Edit: found it
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=90661.0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:40:55 am by LL »

Offline Marmalade

Not really, it would need just on thread as each member added their 'Hotlist' to the thread.  Any links to reviews in their post would appear just below the post.  Therefore each 'Hotlist' and links would be 'compartmentalised' and if you are only interested in your HL you can bookmark your individual post.

It's not perfect, but it works without more work for Admin.

I maybe don't follow what you are saying here Corus Boy but please don't do it unless Admin encourages it. I can't see how it would not crowd out reviews or even legitimate discussion posts about a prossie. I might be wrong but it just sounds strange. It would be like trying to personalise UKP to each individual punter. I also have serious doubts about whether it is a good idea for everyone to post their hotlists publicly.

Offline Corus Boy

I maybe don't follow what you are saying here Corus Boy but please don't do it unless Admin encourages it. I can't see how it would not crowd out reviews or even legitimate discussion posts about a prossie. I might be wrong but it just sounds strange. It would be like trying to personalise UKP to each individual punter. I also have serious doubts about whether it is a good idea for everyone to post their hotlists publicly.

I'm not going to do it, as I don't need to. I have plenty of time on my hands, my Hot Lists are very small, so I just do a manual search if I feel a need for an update.

What I am suggesting is just one thread, or maybe one thread per region, so no overload of the Review Board.

If I was to start the thread, I make one post which lists the AW URL of any girl I have an interest in.  As the forum is now, it will compare all of the URL's in my one post to all reviews made and produce a list of links below my post and now I can browse to my hearts content.

Now you come along.  You don't start a new thread, you make a post in the thread I created listing the AW URL's that interest you.  Your set of known links will appear beneath your post.

Each post has a unique URL, so if you want you can bookmark your post and go straight to it.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=104108.msg1228386#msg1228386

The link above should go straight to your previous post.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:57:02 am by Corus Boy »

Offline Dicky

There's athread started by Punther in the London section that does exactly this amd is a fantastic resource: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=92566.0  as said above you just have to bookmark your own post.

Offline char45

I think the issue with Corus Boy's suggestion of a single thread is that we can't edit posts so you'd end up with a massive thread with each contributor making potentially 100s of posts as their hotlist evolves so would be hard to keep track. If everyone set up their own thread as Punther has done you'd have 100s of topics on the go.

Offline Marmalade

There's athread started by Punther in the London section that does exactly this amd is a fantastic resource: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=92566.0  as said above you just have to bookmark your own post.

It proves my point I think though. Just key in the AW number of a prossie from his hotlist into the search box in the normal way: it brings up reviews but also his hotlist. If everyone did that, when you searched for a prossie in the normal way, you'd have to scroll through hundreds of hotlists to find the half dozen reviews.

Offline Dicky

Yes you have a point but there are already enough discussions happening with adultwork links...verification pics, requests for information, etc that do not relate to reviews.  Plus it is really useful to see other folk's hotlists as well...too many I have missed out as I dont live and breathe on adultwork.