Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Freedom Pop as Punitng Sim  (Read 1264 times)

Offline sparkyman

A new Service has launched in case people aren't aware.  If you turn off the extra services and drop it down to the most basic package it's 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB a month free provided you stay in those limits (more than enough for a punting sim I think).

I'm wondering how safe this is to use as a punting phone.

I have put it in an Old S4 Phone and subtly slipped that I use it as a SatNav with a backup Sim in it for emergencies etc.

I had to give a bank details (in case I go over free tariff so they can charge)
I'm single
I make sure its turned off or locked unless I am using the thing

If it's not then can anyone recommend a good replacement SIM.  My concern about PAYG is the credit runs out before I use it as I don't punt that often

Offline Cricketer15

if youre single do you really need  a punting phone?

ickydicky

still better and safer to have a punting fone. and my credit does not have an expiry date

Offline lostandfound

Three PAYG seems pretty good and cheap. 3p a min for calls, 2p for a text, 1 per MB data, or something like that. And no expiry date. And I bought a top up voucher for cash.

Offline Anadin

A new Service has launched in case people aren't aware.  If you turn off the extra services and drop it down to the most basic package it's 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB a month free provided you stay in those limits (more than enough for a punting sim I think).

I have put it in an Old S4 Phone and subtly slipped that I use it as a SatNav with a backup Sim in it for emergencies etc.

I had to give a bank details (in case I go over free tariff so they can charge)
I'm single
I make sure its turned off or locked unless I am using the thing

If it's not then can anyone recommend a good replacement SIM.  My concern about PAYG is the credit runs out before I use it as I don't punt that often

Looks good. I can't see any problem with it. People seem to want a completely anonymous punting phone where the phone company doesn't even have your details but that doesn't worry me and only the authorities can really track you down, although I suppose that any company can potentially be hacked.

if youre single do you really need  a punting phone?

Yes if you use your main phone for everything. I mean if her or her pimp decides to harass you what are you gonna do? or they can track you down via facebook, an autotrader ad, google phone number search etc. Not worth the potentially problems.

Offline sparkyman

Thanks everyone, I'll keep using it and see how I get on although the Three PAYG sounds a good option as well.

Even though I'm single everything I've read on here says to keep things separate and get a punting phone as I won't be single forever.

Also something else that's been mentioned on this forum as well that not everyone might be aware of.  If you use the Facebook App to search for new "Friends" it looks in your phone contact details (or you can search for contacts via phone number/email) and it brings up your facebook page if you've attached said number or email to your info.  Just not worth it, also Whatsapp works off phone number and you have a little profile on there with your real name, picture etc

Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't think you can be paranoid enough in case things go wrong.

ickydicky

Thanks everyone, I'll keep using it and see how I get on although the Three PAYG sounds a good option as well.

Even though I'm single everything I've read on here says to keep things separate and get a punting phone as I won't be single forever.

Also something else that's been mentioned on this forum as well that not everyone might be aware of.  If you use the Facebook App to search for new "Friends" it looks in your phone contact details (or you can search for contacts via phone number/email) and it brings up your facebook page if you've attached said number or email to your info.  Just not worth it, also Whatsapp works off phone number and you have a little profile on there with your real name, picture etc

Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't think you can be paranoid enough in case things go wrong.

fuck me i would need somebody at gchq to work out all that gobblegook. seems crazy to me that somebody who understands that level of internet complexity cannot just realise how much safer a payg punting fone, cost a tenner plus top up, is. kids, eh :wacko:

Offline AnthG

I tried Freedompop late last year after getting the sim send free for Black Friday in November and it was terrible. I got rid of it within a week as it was so bad. Literally dreadul.

Some things to mention. They work exclusively by Voice Over IP. This means depending on the phone you ring this can cause you to be automatically blocked. As VoiceOverIP is synonymous with African/Indian call centres trying to cold call you so many blocking apps and devices will just auto block all VoiceOverIP calls to them and you need to manually enable them. Many people have these installed on their phones these days for this very reason.

The other issue is, some providers because its VoiceOverIP set your number to display as "unavailable". This means girls will possibly ignore you as they always say you cannot call from withheld numbers which on their phone display you are.

I think I also needed to have the Freedompop app running in the background to allow the calls to work as its voice over IP. And this was very temprimental and often just didn't work.

Like I say I got right pissed off by it and gave up within a week. You are much better off getting Three's 200mb Data free 321 sim. This is a sim designed for use on MIFI devices and not phones. But it still works as a normal phone sim so just don't tell Three that is what you use it for,

I have beeing using it on my main phone for about two months now and not noticed any issues.

External Link/Members Only

This is great for Whatsapp use. And you can even call people via whatsapp so you are getting free calls too. After that its 3p per minute calling and 2p per min text and 1p per MB.

Adding £5 onto this as a punting phone will last many months.

I would rather pay £5 and get the above than all the hassle with Freedonpop's free service. Plus there have been many posts on places like hotukdeals as people have found too late there have been hidden/ghost charges with them.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:40:31 pm by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Anadin

Some things to mention. They work exclusively by Voice Over IP. This means depending on the phone you ring this can cause you to be automatically blocked.

Screw that, I'm always getting new cheap Sims but I hadn't realised FreedomPop were VOIP. Cheers

fuck me i would need somebody at gchq to work out all that gobblegook. seems crazy to me that somebody who understands that level of internet complexity cannot just realise how much safer a payg punting fone, cost a tenner plus top up, is. kids, eh :wacko:

He does realise that a punting phone is a safer option. I don't see why a £10 one is really any safer than a S4 though but then I suppose we young uns understand how they work  :hi:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:06:12 pm by Anadin »

ickydicky

aye. you do. just as we old uns understand the simple straightforward uncomplicated pay as you go.

Offline lostandfound

You are much better off getting Three's 200mb Data free 321 sim. This is a sim designed for use on MIFI devices and not phones. But it still works as a normal phone sim so just don't tell Three that is what you use it for,

I have beeing using it on my main phone for about two months now and not noticed any issues.

External Link/Members Only

This is great for Whatsapp use. And you can even call people via whatsapp so you are getting free calls too. After that its 3p per minute calling and 2p per min text and 1p per MB.

Adding £5 onto this as a punting phone will last many months.

Sounds like a good tip - thanks.  :drinks:  :thumbsup:

Integral

Just a note that Whatsapp will pull a profile (say, you amd the missus smiling into the camera) picture but can't, as far as I'm aware, pull a contact name or other details.

In layman's terms I can create a Whatsapp profile with any picture I like and call myself Integralbigdick69, but when the WG adds me as a contact she can call me whatever she likes (Thatoldblokewhodidsurpriseanalonmeonetime999).

When I message her she will see my profile picture but she will only see the name Thatoldblokewhodidsurpriseanalonmeonetime999, NOT Integral 69.  The Whatsapp network doesn't "see" either profile name.

Tl;dr you cant accidentally reveal your real name on Whatsapp but they can see your profile picture.

Offline AnthG

In layman's terms I can create a Whatsapp profile with any picture I like and call myself Integralbigdick69, but when the WG adds me as a contact she can call me whatever she likes (Thatoldblokewhodidsurpriseanalonmeonetime999).

When I message her she will see my profile picture but she will only see the name Thatoldblokewhodidsurpriseanalonmeonetime999, NOT Integral 69.  The Whatsapp network doesn't "see" either profile name.

That is true. But there is a way to get the other persons name that you type out of Whatsapp. But the girl would have to be the biggest stalker since stalking began to do it all. It involves a trick that exists surrounding the whatsapp group chat features.

So its safer just to put your name down as anything when setting up whatsapp, and not use your real one, as like you say 99.9999% of the time nobody will ever see it.  So why bother about even putting anything down for it. I just literally have my name down as "A" on there and not had any issues in the 6 months of using it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:41:47 pm by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

ickydicky

is that the way you guys talk to each other. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i have nodded off. to exciting for me :cry:

Offline Anadin

aye. you do. just as we old uns understand the simple straightforward uncomplicated pay as you go.

I'm not sure that really makes sense though as PAYG is just the means by which you pay for your phone service. I use PAYG and I still get the internet, 4G and can use Facebook, whatsapp etc.

Integral

is that the way you guys talk to each other. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i have nodded off. to exciting for me :cry:
Yeah, clearly me and AnthG are communicating in pure binary

Zipedy fleet on AnthG?

Have you tried the uber at or megazoic app for your interbobulator?

Bringer bong megabit optimiser....

Get out of the last century ickydicky you old fuck!!! :D :lol: :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:50:11 pm by Integral »

Integral

Yeah, clearly me and AnthG are communicating in pure binary

Zipedy fleet on AnthG?

Have you tried the uber at or megazoic app for your interbobulator?

Bringer bong megabit optimiser....

Get out of the last century ickydicky you old fuck!!! :D :lol: :P

Just realised that gibberish I typed makes even less sense than I intended after it was mangled by autocorrect... :lol:

ickydicky

Just realised that gibberish I typed makes even less sense than I intended after it was mangled by autocorrect... :lol:

how very 21st century :lol: