Author Topic: VPN and AW  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Justanotherman

Just discovered that if you search for SPs on AW with a VPN you get a different number of results vs if you don't have your VPN on. So I assume that SPs must be able to restrict their profile to searches run from the UK.

Did everyone know this already?

I tend to routinely have my VPN running nowadays, so I wonder who I have missed out on!


Offline berksboy

If i use VPN  AW puts me in that country usually the USA. Makes no difference to me as i search within so many miles of a post code.

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Yes it's been discussed before.
It seems the girls can restrict their profiles to only display in certain countries. For instance it could be a problem for a girl's profile to be visible in her home country

Offline RandomGuy99

Just discovered that if you search for SPs on AW with a VPN you get a different number of results vs if you don't have your VPN on. So I assume that SPs must be able to restrict their profile to searches run from the UK.

Did everyone know this already?

I tend to routinely have my VPN running nowadays, so I wonder who I have missed out on!
Yes, I already knew this. It's a way of SPs trying to avoid the people back home seeing their secret job and also to stop people from their home country booking them just in case the man from the chip shop in their street books them.  It made sense before VPNs weren't so commonly used.

Offline Hardpipe

I just load up page then change country in top corner to United Kingdom.

Offline Paul9144

I just load up page then change country in top corner to United Kingdom.

That's what I do as I can almost guarantee that TOR browser won't automatically open the website up in the UK. It will be a different country. So, I just click the UK in the top right corner as you do before logging in. When I'm at home on my desktop, I avoid using TOR altogether for AW as it appears to tolerate the VPN that comes with my PC security protection with no issues (even a dual VPN), it will log me into the UK as usual, and AW doesn't appear to boot me out either as it often does with TOR browser.

Offline HarryZZ

Weirdly I get different girls using the desktop or mobile version, some just don't appear on the desktop although all appeared in the mobile.

Offline jseop109

I have sometimes found that AW profiles for Polish girls are inaccessible when the VPN is pointed to Poland.

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Weirdly I get different girls using the desktop or mobile version, some just don't appear on the desktop although all appeared in the mobile.

Do you mean one of the mobile versions, or the beta version?

Online kuck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,160
  • Likes: 46
  •  
  • Reviews: 38
Weirdly I get different girls using the desktop or mobile version, some just don't appear on the desktop although all appeared in the mobile.

Do you have any examples?

This is a profile that's only visible from the UK:
External Link/Members Only
The mobile version External Link/Members Only doesn't work if your VPN is set to a different country.

Offline Iloveoral

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Board Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 20,965
  • Likes: 571
  •  
  • Reviews: 513
Weirdly I get different girls using the desktop or mobile version, some just don't appear on the desktop although all appeared in the mobile.

Polite nudge matey

27 Non-Contributing Accounts
We welcome questions and participation, but members who aren't posting reviews or making a meaningful contribution may be flagged as non-contributing. Once flagged, a 30 day timer begins. Posting a review during this period will maintain your membership. Sharing reviews helps keep the community balanced and valuable for everyone..