Author Topic: Warning: Another kind of scam  (Read 2668 times)

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
This is a repost from a warning on the Manchester forum of a new kind of scam affecting AW users.
Originally posted on there by "Hawkeye"
Essentially users contacting girls by AW mail are getting texts relating to fake parcel delivery scams

Quote
Just recently I have been using AW email for contacts and in the main it works quite well however I have noted that recent scam text messages I've received have the same subject line/header as I used in my AW mails, my conclusion is that these are connected, here is an example : A text that purports to be from EVRI asking me to click a link to "redirect a package" with the heading "location". This heading is one I used when asking for a better idea of the ladies' incall location, I had 3 of these text messages yesterday. I'm not overly concerned as the phone I use for AW is used only for that purpose so no link to any actual EVRI delivery or anything personal but, if it were my regular phone I would be.


Offline Thecunninglinguist


If you still have the text, forward it to 7726. It's the OFCOM reporting number who deal with scam texts by taking the number off the network. There are no questions or come back for you. You will receive a message seconds later asking you for the number that you received the massage from, reply and that's it. It stops other's from suffering similar messages.

Offline Camargue

Is "location" the only example of a header that has been given?
That seems a quite appropriate word to use it you are sending a scam text about a redelivery. On the other hand if people are getting redelivery scam texts with the heading "hello sexysue69" or "FFFM outcall rate?" then that definitely isn't just a coincidence.

This is a repost from a warning on the Manchester forum of a new kind of scam affecting AW users.
Originally posted on there by "Hawkeye"
Essentially users contacting girls by AW mail are getting texts relating to fake parcel delivery scams
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 11:05:35 pm by Camargue »

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Is "location" the only example of a header that has been given?
That seems a quite appropriate word to use it you are sending a scam text about a redelivery. On the other hand if people are getting redelivery scam texts with the heading "hello sexysue69" or "FFFM outcall rate?" then that definitely isn't just a coincidence.

All I know is what I've reposted - you'll have to take it as it is

Offline WingCommander

I had a similar scam text message, subject "Location", but I don't think I have ever used that word in messages I have sent. So I suspect it was nothing to do with the OP's messages.