Author Topic: Walking distance to punt  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Vic69

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 96
  • Likes: 7
  •  
Hi everyone
I am considering moving apartment, is the walking distance from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

locations removed, you don’t need to advertise that
« Last Edit: December 10, 2025, 08:53:46 pm by Iloveoral »

Offline MLawro93

If it is central london, not fussed. So many different ways to get around.

In the summer, I'll try to avoid punting due to the heat, and if I must, will prioritise SPs around tube lines that have AC and have AC in the room themselves  :D

Offline mikef2008

being nearer a tube is always good, not just  for a punt, for anything really. But personally speaking, when I've got the horn for a SP, it doesn't matter how long it takes to walk to her!  :D

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,723
  • Likes: 381
  •  
  • Reviews: 210
I tend to drive everywhere, so for me parking availability is a consideration.

There can't be many places in zone 1 that are further than a 15 minute walk from a station.

I'd be happy to walk 15 minutes.

Offline advent2016

If it is central london, not fussed. So many different ways to get around.

In the summer, I'll try to avoid punting due to the heat, and if I must, will prioritise SPs around tube lines that have AC and have AC in the room themselves  :D

unless they are AC/DC ;)


Offline advent2016

Hi everyone
I am considering moving apartment, currently I am a 5 minute walk from Warren Street tube station, my new apartment would possibly be a 10 minute walk from Pimlico, is the walk from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

I rarely drive / park in London and if I do I park at a company office or somewhere near a tube.  I often take an Uber/Taxi to the door of the location if possible.
I don't mind up to a 10 minute walk.
I only consider the safety of the area after dark.

These days I try and visit in daytime.

Offline Jonestown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,830
  • Likes: 144
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
A ten minute walk would be circa 2/3 mile, which on a cold/grey/wet winters day can be something to take into account, no one wants to turn up to a punt soaking wet, and then have to make the return journey a short while later. Maybe check the bus routes for the Pimlico location ?

Offline Fuzzyduck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,709
  • Likes: 143
  •  
  • Reviews: 133
Hi everyone
I am considering moving apartment, currently I am a 5 minute walk from Warren Street tube station, my new apartment would possibly be a 10 minute walk from Pimlico, is the walk from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

Yes, for central London meets particularly. The other factor is general public transport connections. Pimlico is a little out of the way so, even if you're 5 mins from the tube, there isn't the same degree of travel options compared to Warren St, TCR etc. All that said, 10 minutes isn't really that long to walk.

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,783
  • Likes: 548
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
If it is central london, not fussed. So many different ways to get around.

In the summer, I'll try to avoid punting due to the heat, and if I must, will prioritise SPs around tube lines that have AC and have AC in the room themselves  :D

Tube lines are all DC not AC

The London Underground uses a four-rail Direct Current (DC) system with voltages around 630V or 750V, depending on the line, featuring two "live" conductor rails (positive and negative) plus the running rails. Deep-level tube lines typically use the original 630V setup (e.g., +420V and -210V), while the sub-surface network has been upgraded to 750V (e.g., +500V and -250V) for better performance, especially with modern air-conditioned trains.

Offline MLawro93

Tube lines are all DC not AC

The London Underground uses a four-rail Direct Current (DC) system with voltages around 630V or 750V, depending on the line, featuring two "live" conductor rails (positive and negative) plus the running rails. Deep-level tube lines typically use the original 630V setup (e.g., +420V and -210V), while the sub-surface network has been upgraded to 750V (e.g., +500V and -250V) for better performance, especially with modern air-conditioned trains.

Tell me you're a train nerd without telling me you're a train nerd  :lol:

Interesting information though, thanks!  :)

Offline Heph

is the walk from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

It's not so much the prospect of a ten minute walk itself, rather that, on the circa 1-in-3 of the day's when the capital gets rained on, (and, worse, when we courageously/foolhardily left our brolly at basecamp), there's little more dispiriting than finding oneself en route, sploshing through the wrong sort of puddles, with no destination given until 10 minutes beforehand, and at the mercy of an overrun-booking or a "I'm just doing some shopping" SMS, and all with no prospect of shelter close by.

But if, pre-booking, I have a rough 300m radius steer on the location and distance from the Tube; that's be no deterrent for me. My last 3 sorties have all been a 12 minute walk from an isolated station. If it was say >15 mins walk, I'd likely get a cab (again, at the mercy of rainy weather). As you're doubtless aware, it will likely result in some enhanced and cumulative lag in bookings as the work day progresses, and customers inevitably get caught out by genuine traffic snarl-ups and/or their own misplaced optimism.



« Last Edit: December 10, 2025, 08:54:56 pm by Iloveoral »

Offline Stevelondon

Jeez………… I’m an old fart but a ten minute walk is fuck all. Even if it is raining, cold or snowing.  :D

What the hell do some punters want. Maybe a pick up/collect system to save their little legs. 😂

I can see Vic69 adding to her profile,
“My location is miles away from the nearest station. So please consider this before booking”  :D :lol:


Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,723
  • Likes: 381
  •  
  • Reviews: 210
Jeez………… I’m an old fart but a ten minute walk is fuck all. Even if it is raining, cold or snowing.  :D

What the hell do some punters want. Maybe a pick up/collect system to save their little legs. 😂


Tell me about it, I thought I was a southern softie, but some people  :unknown:

Offline Vic69

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 96
  • Likes: 7
  •  
Hi everyone
I am considering moving apartment, is the walking distance from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

locations removed, you don’t need to advertise that

Apologies!

Offline Heph

Maybe a pick up/collect system to save their little legs. 😂

I'd not be averse to this,  ;)  and apparently Nicole Du Papillon did or still does it for arrivistes fresh off the London trains to Milton Keynes or wherever her lair is.

Any fule kno, 'where there's trains, there's tarts' - and for good reason: there's nothing like convenience to tickle a fancy and oil the wheels of commerce. Dames within an easy amble of one are just generally going to be busier than those who aren't.

And Lord knows I cringe in despair reading the constant whinging that seems to come as standard in every other review from a motorist about 'no easy parking', or, worse, 'no free parking', for what's was an hour's booking, and added, what, £3?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2025, 11:45:33 pm by Heph »

Offline signy

For me, I am far more interested in how far you are from a decent coffee shop. This gives me somewhere to wait, especially if the weather is poor; I always arrive stupidly early for everything.

Offline Stevelondon

Tell me about it, I thought I was a southern softie, but some people  :unknown:


Well…….. let’s face it my friend. You are 😂

Offline Stevelondon

For me, I am far more interested in how far you are from a decent coffee shop. This gives me somewhere to wait, especially if the weather is poor; I always arrive stupidly early for everything.

I’m with you signy (although it might be a pub in my case)  :drinks:

I hate the idea of being late or having to rush to a punt.

Offline SOSPunter

All about safety for me if walking is involved, especially at night. I'll walk any distance if necessary but not in an area which I consider to be unsafe.

Offline Mstar86


And Lord knows I cringe in despair reading the constant whinging that seems to come as standard in every other review from a motorist about 'no easy parking', or, worse, 'no free parking', for what's was an hour's booking, and added, what, £3?

Having to pay does leave a paper trail but I get what you mean, spending a few quid on top or having to walk a bit hardly seems bad in the grand scheme of things!!

Offline paul_2407

Less than 10 min walk from a station preferred. May just about bear 15 mins. Otherwise will look at other modes of transport and therefore that may make the punt less likely to happen for me

Online PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,723
  • Likes: 381
  •  
  • Reviews: 210

And Lord knows I cringe in despair reading the constant whinging that seems to come as standard in every other review from a motorist about 'no easy parking', or, worse, 'no free parking', for what's was an hour's booking, and added, what, £3?


Having to pay does leave a paper trail but I get what you mean, spending a few quid on top or having to walk a bit hardly seems bad in the grand scheme of things!!



Doesn't using the underground or any public transport, or Uber, also leave a paper trail?


Offline MLawro93




Doesn't using the underground or any public transport, or Uber, also leave a paper trail?

I think you can still get oyster cards that are unregistered, and you just top up where you can.

Most things leave a paper trail these days, you only need to look closely. Our phones are the biggest culprits, most people forget to turn off the location tracking!

Offline Jonestown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,830
  • Likes: 144
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Having been caught up in a police raid on a “brothel” a while back, which was instigated by a pissed off neighbour, I’d say that a discreet entrance is of far more importance in central london than distance from a tube station, pootling too and from a punt is a recommend way to maintain your 10k steps a day.

Offline Mstar86




Doesn't using the underground or any public transport, or Uber, also leave a paper trail?

True tbf you’re 100% right and you can use coins at parking machines or to top up oyster to stop the paper trail.

Offline MrMohican

A consideration I always take into account having had bad experiences in the past is I will only travel to a seriously out-of-the-way destination to see someone that has lots of good reviews, or I have met personally.

There is always the possibility in this game of being messed about, or cancelled at the last minute or the punt just being shit. All the more likely if it is with someone you dont know and if you've spent over an hour travelling to a cultural wasteland there is nothing more depressing than coming back with blue balls feeling slightly depressed with no option to go somewhere for a drink or find distraction in a few music bars or booking a consolatery massage before heading home.

consequently I will only travel out of my way to a new untried WG if she is near or in an easily reachable social hub that I'd be happy to explore normally.

Offline Heph

A consideration I always take into account...

...is always the possibility in this game of being messed about, or cancelled at the last minute or the punt just being shit....

consequently I will only travel out of my way to a new untried WG if she is near or in an easily reachable social hub that I'd be happy to explore normally.

Quite.

Offline Nickp

Hi everyone
I am considering moving apartment, is the walking distance from the tube station something guys take into consideration when booking an appointment? Thankyou any insight would be really helpful

locations removed, you don’t need to advertise that

Why would the location of escorts dictate where you move to? Surely family, friends, amenities etc come well above whether you can walk to the escort. What if she moves away, she's hardly going to ask you for permission.

Unless I read it wrong

Offline Fuzzyduck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,709
  • Likes: 143
  •  
  • Reviews: 133
Why would the location of escorts dictate where you move to? Surely family, friends, amenities etc come well above whether you can walk to the escort. What if she moves away, she's hardly going to ask you for permission.

Unless I read it wrong

Did you see the tag under Vic69's username that identifies her as a SP?

Offline stayer

The walking distance from a station (Tube, DLR, Elizabeth Line, Overground, National Rail) is important. I won't drive when I can take public transport and, at my age, I don't like driving much anyway. I think 15 minutes is about the maximum I'd want to walk.

Offline Prifessionallondinguy

1000 miles is the absolute max! Not a step more.



But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand
Miles to fall down at your door

Offline Fuzzyduck

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,709
  • Likes: 143
  •  
  • Reviews: 133
1000 miles is the absolute max! Not a step more.



But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand
Miles to fall down at your door

Have you just come home from the pub?

Online LLPunting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 17,555
  • Likes: 192
  •  
  • Reviews: 360
1000 miles is the absolute max! Not a step more.



But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand
Miles to fall down at your door

Are you proclaimin' or just sayin'?

Online LLPunting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 17,555
  • Likes: 192
  •  
  • Reviews: 360
If it's an SP I've seen before then less than a mile walk or a 10 min bus ride from a convenient (not just barely served) rail or tube station is fine; a bit further in Summer a bit less in the soggy weather.

If it's a TOFTT unknown then under 500m from a regular station or bus stop. A bit further for credibly reviewed.

As an SP, if you know you're going to get backed up then ensure there're nearby places a punter can wait comfortably and safely and give them plenty of notice.


Offline Heph


As an SP, if you know you're going to get backed up then ensure there're nearby places a punter can wait comfortably and safely and give them plenty of notice.

SPs take note

Offline Vic69

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 96
  • Likes: 7
  •  
Thankyou everyone for the feedback, I decided to stay put in the end!