Author Topic: AW ''nickname not permitted".  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Cupid Stuntz

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Likes: 29
  •  
  • Reviews: 31
Just logged in to AW and the following page appeared.
I've been on AW since 2012 with the same username and with no problems, up until now. I don't log onto AW daily, only when funds are available for a punt or to check out a review on here so it's lucky there was an SP to check out. You're only given a week to change your username to something acceptable or your account is suspended. When I changed my username an email was sent confirming it but no email sent to say I needed to change it.
Has anyone else had this happen?



"Hello,

It has been brought to our attention that the nickname you are currently using on our Site is not permitted.

Therefore, we kindly request that you change your nickname within a week, or this will result in the suspension of your account.

You can change it via your Registration Details.

For further information, please see the extract from our Terms of Service Agreement below:

"Users must not choose a username that is offensive or that infringes a person’s service mark, trademark, or trade name. Users must not choose usernames that suggest or imply unprotected intercourse, or the provision of it, or that suggest or imply illegal activities, or other references such as availability. This includes any underage references, whether in the context of role-play or not; we therefore require that users do not use numbers between 10 and 17 in their username. If those numbers are included as part of a date or other non-related sequence, this is permitted."

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

The AdultWork.com Team"

Online Strawberry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 1,836
  • Likes: 140
  •  
Just logged in to AW and the following page appeared.
I've been on AW since 2012 with the same username and with no problems, up until now. I don't log onto AW daily, only when funds are available for a punt or to check out a review on here so it's lucky there was an SP to check out. You're only given a week to change your username to something acceptable or your account is suspended. When I changed my username an email was sent confirming it but no email sent to say I needed to change it.
Has anyone else had this happen?



"Hello,

It has been brought to our attention that the nickname you are currently using on our Site is not permitted.

Therefore, we kindly request that you change your nickname within a week, or this will result in the suspension of your account.

You can change it via your Registration Details.

For further information, please see the extract from our Terms of Service Agreement below:

"Users must not choose a username that is offensive or that infringes a person’s service mark, trademark, or trade name. Users must not choose usernames that suggest or imply unprotected intercourse, or the provision of it, or that suggest or imply illegal activities, or other references such as availability. This includes any underage references, whether in the context of role-play or not; we therefore require that users do not use numbers between 10 and 17 in their username. If those numbers are included as part of a date or other non-related sequence, this is permitted."

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

The AdultWork.com Team"

I became aware of this change by seeing a post on a forum, since then I found I couldn't write '15 minutes' into the description of a movie I uploaded.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Just logged in to AW and the following page appeared.
I've been on AW since 2012 with the same username and with no problems, up until now. I don't log onto AW daily, only when funds are available for a punt or to check out a review on here so it's lucky there was an SP to check out. You're only given a week to change your username to something acceptable or your account is suspended. When I changed my username an email was sent confirming it but no email sent to say I needed to change it.
Has anyone else had this happen?



"Hello,

It has been brought to our attention that the nickname you are currently using on our Site is not permitted.

Therefore, we kindly request that you change your nickname within a week, or this will result in the suspension of your account.

You can change it via your Registration Details.

For further information, please see the extract from our Terms of Service Agreement below:

"Users must not choose a username that is offensive or that infringes a person’s service mark, trademark, or trade name. Users must not choose usernames that suggest or imply unprotected intercourse, or the provision of it, or that suggest or imply illegal activities, or other references such as availability. This includes any underage references, whether in the context of role-play or not; we therefore require that users do not use numbers between 10 and 17 in their username. If those numbers are included as part of a date or other non-related sequence, this is permitted."

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

The AdultWork.com Team"
This does suggest that you perhaps have the same name on AW as on here in which case it's probably just as well to change it to avoid the obvious link

Anyway i've highlighted the AW bit about not referencing Unprotected intercourse, AW are a massive bunch of hypocrites not allowing this if they have service boxes offering BB and unprotected sex  :thumbsdown:

Offline signy

I don't know if AW are worried, but they seem to be clamping down on some aspects.

Not quite the same thing, but I got a warning email from them recently regarding a phrase I used in an AW email. It was concerning a dom/sub roleplay and I had used the same phrase many times in the past (nothing illegal or disturbing). I got an automatic email from AW giving a whole list of terms that cannot be used in AW email communications, many of which are used by escorts in their profiles (e.g. schoolgirl). When the escort replied, she also got a warning.



Offline Cupid Stuntz

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Likes: 29
  •  
  • Reviews: 31
This does suggest that you perhaps have the same name on AW as on here in which case it's probably just as well to change it to avoid the obvious link

Thanks for your concern BP but the AW name was a different one than on here.

I still find it strange that my username has been fine for 12 yrs and suddenly it isn't. Maybe someone reported it or AW has become 'woke'?

Online Strawberry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 1,836
  • Likes: 140
  •  
Thanks for your concern BP but the AW name was a different one than on here.

I still find it strange that my username has been fine for 12 yrs and suddenly it isn't. Maybe someone reported it or AW has become 'woke'?

I believe the new rules came in only recently, seems to be about ruling out suggestion of underage and mention of children in AW messages. Members have received warnings for innocently mentioning arranging childcare. My logic wonders if this is about (a) payment processors eg credit card companies, banks (b) online safety bill.

Changes were made in the last few years across other platforms not only AW, regards performer verification and consent supposedly due to Mastercard requiring a 'cleaner' operation. This could be an extension of this and or the OSB.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:44:05 pm by Strawberry »

Offline Chazz

Thanks for your concern BP but the AW name was a different one than on here.

I still find it strange that my username has been fine for 12 yrs and suddenly it isn't. Maybe someone reported it or AW has become 'woke'?

I reported your username to AW as I thought that "Stupid Cuntz Bareback 13" was entirely unacceptable.  :hi:

Offline Chazz

(I do approve though of your excellent Furry Freak Brothers avatar).  :thumbsup:

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,799
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
(I do approve though of your excellent Furry Freak Brothers avatar).  :thumbsup:

giving your age away...........

Offline Slimjim3

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 36
  • Likes: 6
  •  
  • Reviews: 6
The sites gone crazy - I had the same thing for me which messed up a booking lasy week my name was not offensive - even the slightest thing that can be twisted they are warning you on. I literally just had a warning email from AW because in my last email to an escort I've said that hotel costs are crazy during school holidays. Warning email not to discuss children in any way.
Banned reason: Posted neg in a fit of pique then offered to redact and post pos for booking.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Cupid Stuntz

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Likes: 29
  •  
  • Reviews: 31
(I do approve though of your excellent Furry Freak Brothers avatar).  :thumbsup:

Grin, thanks.

There's a remake of the 1st Cheech n Chong film coming out this month on prime.

Offline Cupid Stuntz

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,659
  • Likes: 29
  •  
  • Reviews: 31
The sites gone crazy - I had the same thing for me which messed up a booking lasy week my name was not offensive - even the slightest thing that can be twisted they are warning you on. I literally just had a warning email from AW because in my last email to an escort I've said that hotel costs are crazy during school holidays. Warning email not to discuss children in any way.

Certainly seems that way.

My old username was taken from Tolkiens The Lord of the Rings books. Part of it was 'necro'. I wonder if they've installed some IA program that picked up on the necro part of the name? It's got to be something new or surely it would have been picked up years ago  :unknown:?