Author Topic: We Buy Any Phone.com  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Drayki

Just a warning to anyone that’s thinking of using these to sell your old mobile to, they’re scammers and try to screw you over, I sent my old phone to them on Friday last week, it was absolutely immaculate, not a mark on it, this morning I received a short 18 second video which was apparently my phone showing it was damaged, now before I sent it I took a load of pictures myself on new phone just as cover, they claim to offer the best price, what a load of bollocks  :angry:

Online Punterperson1971

Have you asked for ur back and a lot of these companies low ball you and resell high I normally sell mine private via flebay or others

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
These 'we buy' sites are all the same, they offer a fantastic price but when you go or send it they come out with this is wrong that is wrong we can only give you this much, they rely on people just accepting it. I don't know why people use them.

A mate of mine took his car to we buy any car and they offered him half of what they first said, he drove it away and put it in part ex.

Online Punterperson1971

I don’t drive but I’ve heard webuyanycar are really bad for offering low prices

Offline Drayki

Have you asked for ur back and a lot of these companies low ball you and resell high I normally sell mine private via flebay or others

Yes, I’ve rang them and told them to send it back asap

Offline Drayki

These 'we buy' sites are all the same, they offer a fantastic price but when you go or send it they come out with this is wrong that is wrong we can only give you this much, they rely on people just accepting it. I don't know why people use them.

A mate of mine took his car to we buy any car and they offered him half of what they first said, he drove it away and put it in part ex.
 

I wouldn’t usually use them Davie, but they offered me more than what Apple did, a lot more, they’re just a rip off, I’d totally understand if the phone had marks on it or was showing signs of wear but it was excellent,  just ripping people off left right and centre

Offline jackdaw

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 804
  • Likes: 16
  •  
  • Reviews: 2
 

I wouldn’t usually use them Davie, but they offered me more than what Apple did, a lot more, they’re just a rip off, I’d totally understand if the phone had marks on it or was showing signs of wear but it was excellent,  just ripping people off left right and centre

Let us know how it goes. (Do their conditions make it clear what happens if it’s damaged in transit? Or wrong phone is sent back?)
Banned reason: No reply when questioned about reviews
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Squire Haggard

I would never use this company. Quick house sale. Up to 95% Market Value.  :sarcastic:

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 03:50:20 pm by Squire Haggard »

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
I would never use this company. Quick house sale. Up to 95% Market Value.  :sarcastic:

External Link/Members Only

Important words there "up to".

Offline redped

fonebank always offer good prices

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
 

I wouldn’t usually use them Davie, but they offered me more than what Apple did, a lot more, they’re just a rip off, I’d totally understand if the phone had marks on it or was showing signs of wear but it was excellent,  just ripping people off left right and centre
Yeah that's what they all do, until they get it or see it.

You should make it clear to them you have photos of it before you sent it and you have a note of the IMEI number so they can't send another phone.

If it's a half decent phone have a look on Ebay, search for your model and select 'completed listings' on the left and see what they go for, if a decent enough price stick it on there.


Online Punterperson1971

Yeah that's what they all do, until they get it or see it.

You should make it clear to them you have photos of it before you sent it and you have a note of the IMEI number so they can't send another phone.

If it's a half decent phone have a look on Ebay, search for your model and select 'completed listings' on the left and see what they go for, if a decent enough price stick it on there.
Just be aware there’s loads of scammers out there I had to change my settings so only uk people could see what I was selling(I think that’s right)as I had a few people from “Nigeria” trying to pester me to send phone as they were “sending “ payment,it was a relative who told me to look at my location and change it in the settings,but as with everything there’s scammers everywhere

Offline Darren101

I’ve used a few in the past that were fine.

Fonebank
Envirofone.

Some others were featured on watchdog (can’t remember which ones) saying they claim the device is worse condition than they actually were and offer you a lower quote.  Never heard of we buy any phone though.

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
Selling it privately is your best option, have you tried CEX ?
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
I've sold a couple over the years through Music  Magpie.   Reasonable price, no quibbles.  There's even an automated  kiosk in the local Asda where the machinery  scans the phone and makes you an offer on the spot. Pays up instantly if you  accept the offer.

Offline Markus

I've sold a couple over the years through Music  Magpie.   Reasonable price, no quibbles.  There's even an automated  kiosk in the local Asda where the machinery  scans the phone and makes you an offer on the spot. Pays up instantly if you  accept the offer.

Used this company to sell my last phone.   I believe I got a fair deal.  I would use them again.  The machine got jammed while trying to scan my phone and it caused me to have a cold sweat but eventually it gave me the price on the screen and I accepted and two minutes later, money in the account.   I would rather use a company like this than list it on gumtree or eBay. 

Online webpunter

IIRC WeBuyAnyCar were issued with a multi million pound fine not long after starting trading
For offering some supposed price & then knocking it back loads
Like sometimes 50%
I cant find it on goggle
Maybe they've tried to suppress it
More recently they've been clocking up numerous fines for data breaches & sending unsolicited emails

Offline Darren101

IIRC WeBuyAnyCar were issued with a multi million pound fine not long after starting trading
For offering some supposed price & then knocking it back loads
Like sometimes 50%
I cant find it on goggle
Maybe they've tried to suppress it
More recently they've been clocking up numerous fines for data breaches & sending unsolicited emails

WebuyanyCAR or WebuyanyPHONE?   We're talking about flogging phones here.  :D

Online Watts.E.Dunn

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,632
  • Likes: 69
  •  
  • Reviews: 47
I took a car to we buyanymoter etc as expected they started haggling and then i siad give me the money  you ofered othewise i'm off..

So hey didnt and i went from their depot quite rapidly and thought that was that except around a half an hour later their supposed area manager called to say if i came back the amount they offrered would be in my bank as soon as i got back there and it was!,..

A win i suppose?..

Online webpunter

WebuyanyCAR or WebuyanyPHONE?   We're talking about flogging phones here.  :D

Two prior references to WBAC

Offline Drayki

Thanks for all the advice, hopefully can get it sorted once the twats send it back to me

Offline Darren101

I sell a lot of stuff to CeX.  Have flogged them a few phoneswhen it wasn’t worth eBay’ing.   You get a fair bit more if you opt for an exchange voucher but that’s only good if you want to buy somethibg from them. They sell all sorts of tech, games, movies so I’m fine with voucher.

I’ve sold plenty on eBay but it can be such a faff. Lots of idiots and scammers.  Which iphone is it btw?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 04:17:04 pm by Darren101 »

Offline GingerNuts

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,820
  • Likes: 111
  •  
  • Reviews: 48

Offline Darren101

Are you going to make him an offer?

No, I just bought an iPhone 15 pro plus for myself  :wacko:.  Was just going to do a quick check for the market going price of what he might expect to get for it online. And just curious (us tech geeks are like that)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 08:26:47 pm by Darren101 »

Offline GingerNuts

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,820
  • Likes: 111
  •  
  • Reviews: 48
No, I just bought an iPhone 15 pro plus for myself  :wacko:.  Was just going to do a quick check for the market going price of what he might expect to get for it online. And just curious (us tech geeks are like that)

:wacko: seems about right.

You can't be much of a tech geek when you don't know what you've bought. There are four versions of the iPhone 15 and "pro plus" isn't one of them.

Online webpunter

You can't be much of a tech geek when you don't know what you've bought. There are four versions of the iPhone 15 and "pro plus" isn't one of them.

Getting iphones & caffeine tablets confused.  Bless

Offline Darren101

:wacko: seems about right.

You can't be much of a tech geek when you don't know what you've bought. There are four versions of the iPhone 15 and "pro plus" isn't one of them.

Apologies.  Rushed the reply as was catching train.  It’s actually iPhone 15 pro max.  First time I’ve gotten myself the big version as always assumed I wouldn’t like the the extra weight so have only ever owned the non-plus / max versions previously. They used to label them Plus. E.g. iPhone 8 Plus.  Doesn’t mean I don’t know what i got. Just a slip up of the name.



Caffeine tablets?  Oh Pro Plus.  Never tried ’em
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:30:35 pm by Darren101 »

Online webpunter

Apologies.  Rushed the reply as was catching train.  It’s actually iPhone 15 pro max.  First time I’ve gotten myself the big version as always assumed I wouldn’t like the the extra weight so have only ever owned the non-plus / max versions previously. They used to label them Plus. E.g. iPhone 8 Plus.  Doesn’t mean I don’t know what i got. Just a slip up of the name.



Caffeine tablets?  Oh Pro Plus.  Never tried ’em

:hi:
 ;)
 :thumbsup: