Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: AW not auto logging out?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Noticed earlier when returning to my computer that I didn't have to log into AW, think there was a time limit of about 15 or 20 minutes of inactivity and it would log you out automatically.

I assumed i'd caught it just in time but it's happened a couple more times after 30 or so minutes, anyone know if it's no longer auto logging people out or have they just changed the time scale  :unknown:

TBH it was always annoying as fuck having to log back in constantly especially if you had to do one of those tick the picture things

Offline blackburnian

Left it about 4hrs and not been logged out so it seems to have changed.

Bb

Online s0whatsnew?

I've noticed that paypal/eventbrite also don't auto log-out the user.  I believe its deliberate in that the longer one is logged in, the more chance there is of attaching links to that user behind their back and the more valuable the user's address becomes for onward sale to mailing lists.   Grr !   :diablo:   So take care to log out, guys !

Offline Blackpool Rock

Bb
I'm thinking though that a downside is on my HL I used to look and see when a girl last logged in to judge whether or not she was likely to be working that day.
Saw one profile yesterday that had been updated a few hours before but last log in was the day before

Offline RandomGuy99

I've noticed that paypal/eventbrite also don't auto log-out the user.  I believe its deliberate in that the longer one is logged in, the more chance there is of attaching links to that user behind their back and the more valuable the user's address becomes for onward sale to mailing lists.   Grr !   :diablo:   So take care to log out, guys !
It's a convenience thing. If you stay logged in then you may use their service more as you remove the time consuming login step. On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time.

Online s0whatsnew?

On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time.

Really ?   How ?

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Really ?   How ?
+1, I've looked for that setting and can't find it.   :unknown:

Offline RandomGuy99

Just log in at External Link/Members Only and go to your Profile, click the Security tab, and then edit the “Stay Logged in for Faster Purchases” option.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Just log in at External Link/Members Only and go to your Profile, click the Security tab, and then edit the “Stay Logged in for Faster Purchases” option.
Like I said I can't find that option.   :unknown:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline RandomGuy99

Like I said I can't find that option.   :unknown:

Hidden Image/Members Only
Go to Manage Logins and there you can see it will say that some logins are remembered and others not. The ones that are remembered are able to make payments more quickly with less prompting for authentication.

You can choose to remember a device when you login on a device.

If you'd like any further tech support on the use of PayPal please contact their support team.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Go to Manage Logins and there you can see it will say that some logins are remembered and others not. The ones that are remembered are able to make payments more quickly with less prompting for authentication.

You can choose to remember a device when you login on a device.

If you'd like any further tech support on the use of PayPal please contact their support team.
It isn't really important but I can't find anywhere where "On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time." I know about the remembered logins and have my account set for that but PayPal still logs me out after a set amount of time and it is this setting I can't alter and that is what you say can be done.  :unknown:

Offline RandomGuy99

It isn't really important but I can't find anywhere where "On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time." I know about the remembered logins and have my account set for that but PayPal still logs me out after a set amount of time and it is this setting I can't alter and that is what you say can be done.  :unknown:
Yes, you can't alter the set amount of time as that is defined by them not you. I didn't say you could alter it. It's just a cookie on your device.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Yes, you can't alter the set amount of time as that is defined by them not you. I didn't say you could alter it. It's just a cookie on your device.
I must be misinterpreting " On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time". When you said you can chose to stay logged in for a set period of time I thought you meant you could choose the length of time before being logged out due to inactivity.   :unknown:

But like I say it isn't important, I have it set to remember all I want it to remember but an extra bit of time before being logged out would have been useful.

Offline scutty brown

Bb

behaving as normal for me

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
behaving as normal for me
Inactive for over an hour and still logged in for me.

Offline marc_hotsteppa

I must be misinterpreting " On PayPal you can choose to stay logged in for a set period of time". When you said you can chose to stay logged in for a set period of time I thought you meant you could choose the length of time before being logged out due to inactivity.   :unknown:

But like I say it isn't important, I have it set to remember all I want it to remember but an extra bit of time before being logged out would have been useful.

If you want PayPal to remain logged in for you and use Chrome you can install a plugin called "Page Refresh" and if you set it to 2 minutes it auto refreshes the page and will keep you signed in - I do this as I run a couple of businesses that use PayPal mainly for payment and it's handy to keep it logged in. 

Banned reason: Continued abuse despite warnings.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline scutty brown

Inactive for over an hour and still logged in for me.

I take back what I said earlier - it's now not logging me out

Offline PilotMan

I take back what I said earlier - it's now not logging me out

Yep, same for me. I wonder if they have increased the time out, or if there's none at all?

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
If you want PayPal to remain logged in for you and use Chrome you can install a plugin called "Page Refresh" and if you set it to 2 minutes it auto refreshes the page and will keep you signed in - I do this as I run a couple of businesses that use PayPal mainly for payment and it's handy to keep it logged in.
No I'm quite happy with the way it is, it's set to fingerprint login on the mobile app and it only takes 2 seconds to login on the desktop. I was just curious about the setting to alter the length of time before it logs you out as there is the odd occasion it logs me out before I'm finished.

I think RandomGuy was getting mixed up between saving login details for a quicker login and PayPay automatically logging you out.

Online s0whatsnew?

A few years ago when making an online purchase and wanting to pay by paypal,  one would have to log in to paypal with their traditional palaver.   The last year or so,  the tie-ups between p'pal and goods/service retailers automatically  log me in to p'pal simply by clicking on the p'pal button on the retailer's site.  On finishing the p'pal payment process,  p'pal automatically sends me back to the merchant site without actually logging me out of p'pal.  I know that because I always check these days by leaving the merchant site - and also quitting/renewing the browser - and going back  to p'pal to find that i'm already logged in.  So then i simply log out and job done.     Electronic cash services seem to get scammier and scummier every year. 

Offline Blackpool Rock

Not sure if it was like this before or changed however I appear to be getting logged out overnight now, makes sense as now girls can't stay permanently logged in which is good as you can see when they were last active and more likely to be working if they don't have their light on etc

If a girl hasn't logged on that day then I tend to pass her by as I assume she isn't working

Offline NelsonH

When I logged into AW, recently there was a clear statement that it logs you out after 6 hours,

Offline Blackpool Rock

When I logged into AW, recently there was a clear statement that it logs you out after 6 hours,
I've not seen that however it would make sense

Offline Blackpool Rock

Has this gone back to the usual annoying 20 minutes then  :unknown:

Offline WelshMichael

Has for me in the last couple of days.

Offline marc_hotsteppa

Yes, shame innit as it was handy being left logged in.

Some sites have a box that you can tick "keep me logged in" at least you can then have the choice of being left logged in.
Banned reason: Continued abuse despite warnings.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline 8MillionDollarMan

Just use auto refresh,no more annoying captcha.

Offline PilotMan