Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Property Abroad  (Read 721 times)

Online windowlicker

If you were going to buy a property overseas where would you consider?

Portugal/Algarve seems to have got silly expensive as it is £300k for a 1 bedroom flat in some places.

Keen to be able to go for winter sun with punting opportunities and ability to play some golf. Budget circa £200k.
Any ideas?

Offline badsin

I've had my eye on Portugal for a while.
Move inland, get a doer upper small holding farm, some start from £15/£20k, obviously alot of working required.
Check the following on YouTube
Farming for fun
Destino Portugal
Louis baptista

Depends what you're looking for , but there are potions  :hi:

For years Portugal has had rural to urban drift, so the rural areas have a declining population.

Similar in Spain, central and northern Spain entire village's are empty or massively depopulated.

Italy has properties that you can buy for €1!! However you will have to agree to renovate the, complying with Italian planning and building control.

Something more exciting, Bulgaria....but beware eastern European mafia!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:25:42 pm by badsin »

Online timsussex

Isle of Wight.

He asked for somewhere with punting opportunities  :rolleyes:

Offline Blackpool Rock

He asked for somewhere with punting opportunities  :rolleyes:
You mean the Hover to Portsmouth doesn't count as a blow job  :unknown:  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

I know someone with a costal property in Portugal and went to visit last year, far less Brits now compared to 5/10/15/20 years ago and a hell of a lot more Yanks buying up properties and pushing the prices up.
Seemingly they also talk really loudly and never and I mean never shut the fuck up  :diablo: Sat on the beach trying to relax and some loud mouth constantly talking about how much fucking money he had; jobs he'd done; people he knew etc etc  :thumbsdown:

Apparently they like the fact that they can get healthcare on the cheap, not sure exactly how it works but i'm assuming they have to relocate rather than being there for a couple of weeks  :unknown:

Also known a couple of people who bought and renovated rural properties in France, I didn't quite get the ins and outs of it but when 1 of them decided to sell up some of the local officials tried to rip them off for money, and the French solicitor was also in on the scam, corrupt French officials who would ever have thought such a thing possible.  :sarcastic:

Offline hullad

We had a nice 2 bedroom villa at Santa Ponsa, Majorca cost us around £75 K in 2008 sold it last year for £190 K. I had not been going since my wife passed away, it was perfect we used it quite a lot after I took early retirement even had a winter through one year. The family used it and I did rent out to trusted people I knew so all in all it was a good investment.

I doubt I will ever go there again

Offline David1970

Offline FLYING BLUE

If you were going to buy a property overseas where would you consider?

Portugal/Algarve seems to have got silly expensive as it is £300k for a 1 bedroom flat in some places.

Keen to be able to go for winter sun with punting opportunities and ability to play some golf. Budget circa £200k.
Any ideas?

Checkout Turkey - Particularly around the Dalaman region :hi:

Offline petermisc

Checkout Turkey - Particularly around the Dalaman region :hi:
N
Great area, but not much punting opportunities there in my experience.

Offline Markus

If you can get there often enough and have a good guide in terms of where to invest, Cape Town South Africa is a good investment opportunity.

Great weather,  currency in your favour,   Relatively safe and in a province where it isn’t ruled by the ANC (the ruling party) so therefore you have better accountability when it comes to public services.    Also punting opportunities a plenty as well as lots on Seeking.

I have had some amazing holidays there and can’t speak of it enough.  Planning another trip this year. 

Offline Steve2

Owning a property abroad is full of pitfalls and expenses and  confines you to a particular town/city etc

Few people make a good return on their investment

There are so many punting destinations available that it would be almost impossible to pick a favourite location, which is why I would always rent an apartment or book a hotel wherever I am going

Offline GreyDave

Owning a property abroad is full of pitfalls and expenses and  confines you to a particular town/city etc

Few people make a good return on their investment

There are so many punting destinations available that it would be almost impossible to pick a favourite location, which is why I would always rent an apartment or book a hotel wherever I am going

:hi: The PuntMeister has spoken..... :drinks: :drinks: this is the truth  :hi:  How you doing mate? very few on here with your Punting abroad experiance Sir I have been ripped off and had crap service abroad except when I went to Thailand in the 1980 christ it was adiffrent world then  :yahoo: People I know with properties abroad tend to use them for a month and then spend the rest of time worring if they can rent , if the agents ripping them off of they have been burgled ( Happens they clear everything out in hoilday places )
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:32:51 am by GreyDave »

Offline PilotMan

Property abroad doesn't make sense unless you are going to spend a significant amount of time there each year.

I had a 3 bedroom villa just outside Marbella about 15 years ago, after owning it for just two years. it was a lovely place, but I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went a few times and got fed up with seeing the same people and the same places, I like a bit of variety.

Portugal were running a golden visa until just recently, hence the influx on non Europeans, especially Chinese. The native Portuguese who were buying, weren't happy at the crazy prices, those that were selling were. I believe it has settled down now.

South Africa, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. The poor currency prospects will kill any property value, you're likely to be sitting on an asset that is worth less than you paid for it, once you take the exchange rate in to account. They are having terrible problems with load shedding - you have power outages daily. It's down to corruption.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Property abroad doesn't make sense unless you are going to spend a significant amount of time there each year.

I had a 3 bedroom villa just outside Marbella about 15 years ago, after owning it for just two years. it was a lovely place, but I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went a few times and got fed up with seeing the same people and the same places, I like a bit of variety.

Portugal were running a golden visa until just recently, hence the influx on non Europeans, especially Chinese. The native Portuguese who were buying, weren't happy at the crazy prices, those that were selling were. I believe it has settled down now.

South Africa, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. The poor currency prospects will kill any property value, you're likely to be sitting on an asset that is worth less than you paid for it, once you take the exchange rate in to account. They are having terrible problems with load shedding - you have power outages daily. It's down to corruption.
Yeah, I know someone who emigrated to SA many years ago but came back when they hit 50 about 15 years ago due to the rising fear of crime, they said that on average they were car jacked or had it stolen from the drive every 2 years  :scare:

Lawless shithole  :thumbsdown:

Offline PilotMan

News article about the ever increasing gun crime in SA.

External Link/Members Only

Domestic violence, robbery, burglary, murder, they all all increasing. Add to that corruption, affirmative action quotas that mean you have no choice but to employ a poorer qualified candidate, etc.

I am very close to people living there, they normalise it, as they do everything else that we would be outraged with if it happened here.

In terms of economics and quality of life, I see it as going one way, and that's in the same direction it has been travelling.