Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New Forum Feature  (Read 26207 times)

Online Hurley

I love a good conspiracy theory.

Offline OakTree

Agree about the mods mate.
It's the admins who are a mystery.

At the risk of sounding a bit thick, what is the difference between a mod and an admin?

Offline smiths

At the risk of sounding a bit thick, what is the difference between a mod and an admin?

I had the same question, now there are 3 mods and 3 admins with Head1 being the owner. So next to their names will be the word admin for the 3 whereas the 3 mods have mod against their names.

Up The Manor

The mods can perform general management activities such as approving posts, splitting and merging threads, approving new members, banning members etc. The admins can do that, plus manage the structure and security of the system, such as creating new boards, controlling access to boards, making members mods, etc.

Offline smiths

The mods can perform general management activities such as approving posts, splitting and merging threads, approving new members, banning members etc. The admins can do that, plus manage the structure and security of the system, such as creating new boards, controlling access to boards, making members mods, etc.

Well explained cheers. :thumbsup:

James999

The admins can do that, plus making members mods,

Appoint me as a moderator then, would be fucking hilarious, would probably upset some of the whore$ though  :sarcastic:

Offline Beamer

Appoint me as a moderator then, would be fucking hilarious, would probably upset some of the whore$ though  :sarcastic:

That would be a disaster  :hi:

Offline OakTree

thanks .

Up The Manor

Nah

James999

That would be a disaster 

I've done it before...... So I have experience..... The forum is now closed so I can't get a reference though (but thats probably a good thing)  :blush:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:08:51 pm by James999 »

Offline Marmalade

That would be a disaster  :hi:
There’d be no fluffies left to eat for breakfast.

I suppose you’d ban him if you were in charge. Me as well probably.

Offline Beamer

:yahoo:

James999

When I was previously a moderator I didn't ban anyone, I did cause a load of shit though, it was fucking hilarious  :music:

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
When I was previously a moderator I didn't ban anyone, I did cause a load of shit though, it was fucking hilarious  :music:

I don’t think troll.com counts as a previous reference  :lol:

James999

Was a punting site, not  Prosienet (if we're allowed to say that)  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:38:43 pm by James999 »

Offline Marmalade

You caused a load of shit when you first appeared here and offered to run things: but that was a long time ago and you’ve shown better judgment since. On a more serious note I think we both agree it’s more efficient to put fluffies through a ring of fire than ban them. But the current mods are doing a great job of banning routine waste-of-space new chicks. Remember I was a mod on this board and it was boring as hell. The thread on “should James999 be banned” was about as interesting as it got.

James999

I don't recall offering to run things, did give Nik a few pointers at times as he needed some help  :D

As for the should James be banned threads, just a sign of others insecurity  :music:

I remember you as a mod, and sorry you found it boring, I could have given you some tips to make it more exciting  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:43:09 pm by James999 »

Up The Manor

You caused a load of shit when you first appeared here and offered to run things: but that was a long time ago and you’ve shown better judgment since. On a more serious note I think we both agree it’s more efficient to put fluffies through a ring of fire than ban them. But the current mods are doing a great job of banning routine waste-of-space new chicks. Remember I was a mod on this board and it was boring as hell. The thread on “should James999 be banned” was about as interesting as it got.
*searches for thread*

Offline Marmalade

*searches for thread*

Good luck. Early threads may have been wiped. Try searching for threads where he successfully exposed one of the cleverest touts we’ve had. He has more energy for such things than I’m prepared to commit. He also has plenty of knowledge of punting and prostituits but unfortunately has an allergy to the review button. Everyone has different talents, not always appreciated.

And thanks for the offer James, but as far as modding goes, anywhere, I’m more interested in theory than practice. Bit you like you with reviews. I could give you some tips there if you like...  :cool:

James999

Thanks for the offer Marm, but I'm fullyup to speed in that area :thumbsup:

Offline smiths

I don't recall offering to run things, did give Nik a few pointers at times as he needed some help  :D

As for the should James be banned threads, just a sign of others insecurity  :music:

I remember you as a mod, and sorry you found it boring, I could have given you some tips to make it more exciting  :lol:

You won the big should you be banned or kept vote by about 66% to 34% if I recall correctly including a vote to keep you off me. Getting rid of countless trolls was a job you did brilliantly. Lurch or whatever his nick was so incensed he fucked off, he literally posted you would destroy UKP, it dramatically expanded in the years afterwards.

Marm was an excellent mod in my view as were all the early mods that I can recall including redcab back then. Jacob, Softlad then later King Nuts among others.

Offline NIK

You won the big should you be banned or kept vote by about 66% to 34% if I recall correctly including a vote to keep you off me. Getting rid of countless trolls was a job you did brilliantly. Lurch or whatever his nick was so incensed he fucked off, he literally posted you would destroy UKP, it dramatically expanded in the years afterwards.

Marm was an excellent mod in my view as were all the early mods that I can recall including redcab back then. Jacob, Softlad then later King Nuts among others.

Is King Nuts still around? Always enjoyed his posts in Off Topic. Or has he gone the way of that board?

James999

Is King Nuts still around?

He was last logged on May 2019  :hi:

Offline PatMacGroin

It's pretty simple really. The forum software allows for the creation of censored words. It hits post database and pre browser. No find and replace involved. Hope that's cleared things up for you.

It's pretty simple chaps. I don't like the word. Never have, never will. It's offensive. And no, I'm not "fluffy". Jog on.

Ok, so you have intentional added the P word to the forums built-in auto-censor function. A function which will find all historical examples of that word on the SQL database and display an alternative that you prefer on the front end (effectively replacing it although not actually removing it from the original database, which is why it still produces hits on the search function). And the auto censor function will also prevent that word being displayed on the forum in future.

Yes, that does answer my question. Personally, I'm not bothered one way or another about the use of that word. I was interested to hear if it was intentional. I will be interested to see what other adjustments are planned for the future.

And, IMHO, judging by your previous posts on this forum, I agree that it would be totally inaccurate to describe you as a "fluffy" punter.

P.S. Best of luck getting to grips with the workings of the forum software. If OldAdmin has spent 10 years making ad hoc customisations without leaving behind any development notes, I do not envy the job of unravelling that.  :scare:

Offline PatMacGroin

P.P.S. You are probably already aware of this, but I'd also be wary of accepting any automatic updates from the original software developers until you have figured out what changes OldAdmin made.

Offline Dopedj

Do you update the info on these features
As I checked out a few and most are either out of date or not accurate
What about dead profiles and details being up there? What’s the point ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:58:54 pm by Dopedj »

Offline NIK

Hidden Image/Members Only

Not the first time I have been subject to something like this. Some of you will recall the cartoon of Jimmy and me created by a dusty phone merchant (can you still say that?).
I wear it as a badge of honour as Jim would say.  :D

James999

When the forum started a similar piss take was created, it was 100,000 times better than that shit insert caption you've posted, the previous one was fully animated with voices, it tried to take the piss out of the forum (mainly Nik & Jimmy), but it backfired as it was found fucking hilarious, oddly OldAdmin didn't seem to find it as funny as others, possibly disappointed that they didn't include him in the video.

It was hilarious, but probably not politically correct enough for the new owner/s  :music:

Hidden Image/Members Only

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:05:28 pm by James999 »

Up The Manor

Ok, so you have intentional added the P word to the forums built-in auto-censor function. A function which will find all historical examples of that word on the SQL database and display an alternative that you prefer on the front end (effectively replacing it although not actually removing it from the original database, which is why it still produces hits on the search function). And the auto censor function will also prevent that word being displayed on the forum in future.

Yes, that does answer my question. Personally, I'm not bothered one way or another about the use of that word. I was interested to hear if it was intentional. I will be interested to see what other adjustments are planned for the future.

And, IMHO, judging by your previous posts on this forum, I agree that it would be totally inaccurate to describe you as a "fluffy" punter.

P.S. Best of luck getting to grips with the workings of the forum software. If OldAdmin has spent 10 years making ad hoc customisations without leaving behind any development notes, I do not envy the job of unravelling that.  :scare:
Correct on every point!

Up The Manor

Do you update the info on these features
As I checked out a few and most are either out of date or not accurate
What about dead profiles and details being up there? What’s the point ?
Weirdly (or maybe not) the updates to the standard forum software seem very to have been working, because we’re on the latest cut (2.0.15)…

Up The Manor

Not the first time I have been subject to something like this. Some of you will recall the cartoon of Jimmy and me created by a dusty phone merchant (can you still say that?).
I wear it as a badge of honour as Jim would say.  :D
Not sure I understand the questions(s)?

Offline PatMacGroin

Weirdly (or maybe not) the updates to the standard forum software seem very to have been working, because we’re on the latest cut (2.0.15)…

I'm, not familiar with SMF, but from what I can find out from some quick searches Simple Machines Forum version 2.0.17 is the latest "stable" released put out in November 2017. There have been other updates released as recently as March 2019:

External Link/Members Only

OldAdmin would have been available at those times to monitor the update releases, choose which to apply and deal with any issues. Depending on the custom changes made to UKP he may even have had a specific method for applying the updates. So there's no guarantee's any future updates won't interfere with any of the custom modifications he's made.

Like I said, I've never had anything to do with running a forum site. I've got no idea about your level of experience. You guys probably have it all in hand. So, this is just a heads up, word of warning, just in case.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:20:13 am by PatMacGroin »

Offline Marmalade

Aye... the CVEdetails site is showing 30 vulnerabilities

Ρrοssie Ρrοssie Ρrοssie :kissgirl:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

:cool:

Ρrοssie Ρrοssie Ρrοssie :kissgirl:

Sex Worker
 P R O $ $ I E
WORKING GIRL
Lady of the night
Pro$titute
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 08:44:37 am by Horizontal pleasures »

Offline Horizontal pleasures

CVEdetails site??

please what is this?

Offline McSwell

I've only been on this site about three years so I can't  join in the nostalgic trip down memory lane about how good the board was.

Like everything else there comes a time that it needs to move on, if the new owners want to make changes it's their board so it will be interesting to see how it develops.

As in other walks of life there's bound to be old farts who don't like change  but for some of them their punting days are over anyway.

Up The Manor

I'm, not familiar with SMF, but from what I can find out from some quick searches Simple Machines Forum version 2.0.17 is the latest "stable" released put out in November 2017. There have been other updates released as recently as March 2019:

OldAdmin would have been available at those times to monitor the update releases, choose which to apply and deal with any issues. Depending on the custom changes made to UKP he may even have had a specific method for applying the updates. So there's no guarantee's any future updates won't interfere with any of the custom modifications he's made.

Like I said, I've never had anything to do with running a forum site. I've got no idea about your level of experience. You guys probably have it all in hand. So, this is just a heads up, word of warning, just in case.

Not sure where you’re looking, but trust me, the latest GA release is 2.0.15:

The link you posted is for the latest 2.1 RC (release candidate) which is a test version for what will eventually be the 2.1 GA version. This is to allow forum admins to setup sandbox environments to test new functionality.

Cheers.

Offline Beamer

I've only been on this site about three years so I can't  join in the nostalgic trip down memory lane about how good the board was.

Like everything else there comes a time that it needs to move on, if the new owners want to make changes it's their board so it will be interesting to see how it develops.

As in other walks of life there's bound to be old farts who don't like change  but for some of them their punting days are over anyway.

If reviews are the measure then some haven't seen a WG in any event

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0

We will be doing something about that.

Offline Beamer

James999

Nothing like sour grapes eh  :sarcastic:

Up The Manor

Offline Beamer

Nothing like sour grapes eh  :sarcastic:

What's to be sour about?
This is a website for punters.......... :hi:

James999

What's to be sour about?

:lol: That's it, play dumb  :sarcastic:

As for the website, no need to tell us what it's about some of us have been here for years before you even found it  :hi:

Amusing how you suddenly get all cocky now Admin has gone  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:41:57 am by James999 »

Offline Beamer

Or never started  :hi:

Up The Manor

:lol: That's it, play dumb  :sarcastic:

As for the website, no need to tell us what it's about some of us have been here for years before you even found it  :hi:

Amusing how you suddenly get all cocky now Admin has gone  :sarcastic:
Admin hasn't gone. Just changed. Just sayin'

James999

Admin hasn't gone. Just changed. Just sayin'

You know what I meant, Just sayin'

Up The Manor

You know what I meant, Just sayin'
And you know what I meant. Just sayin’