Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Where to buy a prepaid credit card  (Read 5422 times)

Mysterion

As the title suggests I'm looking to buy a prepaid credit card for AW use. I remember them being available in places where other gift cards were sold but I can't seem to find any now. I know you can order them online and have it delivered, but I'm trying to be as under the radar as possible. Any suggestions?

Falkirkfun

Tesco sells them. Next to the itunes, playstation, etc gift cards

Mysterion

Tesco sells them. Next to the itunes, playstation, etc gift cards

Not in my local one, they have lots of different gift cards but they are all for specific shops. Also couldn't find any sign of them on the Tesco website, but if you're sure I will check other branches.

Offline george r

Asda or the co op sells paysafecards. which is like a mobile phone voucher with a load of numbers on it , use it and throw away, just buy another voucher when used.

google paysafecards.

Offline hoopbhoy

Revolut works well and doesn't have restrictions on what sites you can use it on. Instant top up via app from your bank account it comes with a visa debit card that works no problem on AW site. Also has some great features for being able to switch money around currencies at no fee. .So if I'm in Europe or the US I can withdraw or make payments and get the interbank rate on the exchange.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Keema

Morrisons also sell, look for pre-paid gift cards. Check terms though some say UK only, I bought mine for access to a French website and it worked very well.

Offline lostandfound

Revolut works well and doesn't have restrictions on what sites you can use it on. Instant top up via app from your bank account it comes with a visa debit card that works no problem on AW site. Also has some great features for being able to switch money around currencies at no fee. .So if I'm in Europe or the US I can withdraw or make payments and get the interbank rate on the exchange.

Interesting - seems like they use Paysafe under the covers.

Quote from: Revolut FAQ on their website
Revolut does not transact, take or keep any money from customers directly and, therefore, is not subject to FCA approval. This is consistent with the wider foreign exchange industry. We partner with Paysafe Financial Services, a global provider of online and mobile payment processing services, and use their secure payment gateway to transact on behalf of our customers. Paysafe Financial Services is regulated by the FCA.

Mysterion

Revolut works well and doesn't have restrictions on what sites you can use it on. Instant top up via app from your bank account.

Which completely breaks my requirements for being under the radar. Needs to be obtainable in person, with cash, likewise any top up must be done by cash.

Offline Badvicar

I just used to get them at the local newsagent. Pay cash and use any name o address. Martins.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:10:41 am by Badvicar »

Mysterion

Ok,  happened to return to my local tesco's this morning and found what I was looking for. Obviously they just got them in or (more likely) I had overlooked them previously.

Feel free to keep adding ideas to this post for those without a big chainstore handy

Offline AnthG

I can highly recommend Revolut too. Have been using it since November and not had a single issue.

Have been mainly using it to buy digital Xbox One games from other regions Microsoft stores. All physical credit cards seem to fail doing this. With Revolut it just goes through.

Top up at least £10 by debit card. Money there instantly. Can then keep it as pounds or convert it to another currency and then put in the virtual credit card number they give and payment goes through.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Mysterion

Just a side point, when I used the card to buy credits on Adultwork it asked for my address. I gave them 10 downing street, so if you se anything in the papers about the PM being caught using a punting site you'll know why. :D :D :D

nurrecht34

I use a card called Pockit. Available online (try Google) with delivery. Hey, and if you have regular girls you can get a card for them once they trust you. Beats the the service station cash point in the rain.

Offline malletsmallet

Ok,  happened to return to my local tesco's this morning and found what I was looking for. Obviously they just got them in or (more likely) I had overlooked them previously.

Feel free to keep adding ideas to this post for those without a big chainstore handy

Can you please tell me the name of the card you got from tesco?
Thanks
Banned reason: Previously banned (nokli)
Banned by:

Tobias1978

I have a Post office money card...works a treat, top up at the post office with cash or by SMS...accepted everywhere. But for some reason they have stopped issuing them, if you are an existing customer they still work. I am not sure if the stoppage is permanent or something they are just trying to sort out....but if they come back they are worth getting.

Offline PeachyAssFan

Most travel agencies that do foreign currency do them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:54:56 pm by PeachyAssFan »

Offline Partyman

Another vote for Pockit.

When I signed up I got £8 cash back from Quidco as well.

Offline dubs

I got a £25 visa gift card from tescos but aw only let's you add credit in multiples of 10 so I have a fiver left on it :(

Roulette

Pockit is great. Top up AW using the phone option. Then you only need to give your house number and numbers in your postcode. Keeps hotel, petrol stations, other spending off your bank account.

Offline DickDiver

Pockit is great. Top up AW using the phone option. Then you only need to give your house number and numbers in your postcode. Keeps hotel, petrol stations, other spending off your bank account.

Interesting option, Roulette.  Presumably card gets delivered to home address, any other mail?

Offline Henry Hoover

Sorry to dig up an old thread but after visiting various pay point newsagents,tesco express and Asda supermarket none of them sold a prepay debit card. Is the only way to obtain one registering online?
Like the op I would like it to be under the radar so not registered in my name and able to use cash to load it up. Beginning to think it might not be possible.

Offline PleadInsanity

Sorry to dig up an old thread but after visiting various pay point newsagents,tesco express and Asda supermarket none of them sold a prepay debit card. Is the only way to obtain one registering online?
Like the op I would like it to be under the radar so not registered in my name and able to use cash to load it up. Beginning to think it might not be possible.

If it's for use on AW for credits then 'Paysafe' is an anonymous option.

Offline webpunter

Some good info here.  I'll go for paysafe.  Cheaper than text for the occasional PG

Offline Henry Hoover

I'm looking at a prime card but needs to be "upgraded" before you can load anymore money on it. Which means going through a registration process and I'm assuming adding personal details.

Rain_man

Plenty of virtual credit/debit card services online.

They work exactly like a pre-paid card, only you have a digital copy of your card. Can be used anywhere. You can also have a physical card sent if you wish.

I recommend entropay.

Offline dubs

Some good info here.  I'll go for paysafe.  Cheaper than text for the occasional PG

Make sure you get the over-18 PIN, and not a Junior PIN

Offline webpunter

Thanks for the tip.  That could have been a schoolboy error  :dash:

Make sure you get the over-18 PIN, and not a Junior PIN

Offline pusfunman

You've made your decision. I just wanted to give a plus one to Pockit. Got mine a few months back and haven't received any other mail. I use it to keep a number of naughty things off grid. I've got a bank statement like a saint's now :D. I did have to give a story when I went to top it up and the cashier was for some odd reason really curious and asked what I use it for. I had a pre canned "use it for nik naks to budget for the month". Not entirely a lie I suppose ;)

I also saw the Tesco prepaid cards the other day when I was having a nosey so they are definitely still about.

Offline NelsonH

Just don't get it. A cashier asks what you want to spend your money on and you use a convenient lie.

And I say "what is got to do with you!"

TheCape

Excuse my ignorance but if you have to register, it's not entirely anonymous is it? Is ther anywhere you can rock up with cash and get a card for use online? Apologies if the question is daft to most but at present I use an existing credit card and wish to add a layer of caution.   

TheCape

I got a £25 visa gift card from tescos but aw only let's you add credit in multiples of 10 so I have a fiver left on it :(

You can change this manually by overtyping the 10 with a 5. I've done so many times.

Offline Henry Hoover

Excuse my ignorance but if you have to register, it's not entirely anonymous is it? Is ther anywhere you can rock up with cash and get a card for use online? Apologies if the question is daft to most but at present I use an existing credit card and wish to add a layer of caution.

This is exactly what I'm looking for but I haven't came across anything yet.

Offline sub_marine

Another paysafe user here

Just go to the local post office with £100 cash, they bang out a receipt with a code on it, go to AW, use the code on that, the whole £100 appears in the account, plus some freeviews, lasts about a year of random PG browsing

no name or anything are ever asked for, same with my punting phone top ups, just take the topup card to the post office and top up £10 cash, phone was also bought cash anonomously in argos

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Another paysafe user here

Just go to the local post office with £100 cash, they bang out a receipt with a code on it, go to AW, use the code on that, the whole £100 appears in the account, plus some freeviews, lasts about a year of random PG browsing

no name or anything are ever asked for, same with my punting phone top ups, just take the topup card to the post office and top up £10 cash, phone was also bought cash anonomously in argos

In my local co-op, you can buy the paysafe vouchers from as little as £10. Like sub_marine says, again, no questions are asked.

Carrying a top-up card is waaay old. For O2, this was abolished nearly 10 years ago.
Why would you need to keep a top up card for the punting phone, when you can easily buy top up vouchers from any pay point shop (newsagents/supermarkets, etc) without having to carry this card?
Saves any explanations for why you are carrying the top-up card.

Offline sub_marine

In my local co-op, you can buy the paysafe vouchers from as little as £10. Like sub_marine says, again, no questions are asked.

Carrying a top-up card is waaay old. For O2, this was abolished nearly 10 years ago.
Why would you need to keep a top up card for the punting phone, when you can easily buy top up vouchers from any pay point shop (newsagents/supermarkets, etc) without having to carry this card?
Saves any explanations for why you are carrying the top-up card.

The top-up card hides with the punting phone, and is only required every few months, i prefer that to messing about typing voucher codes into my phone.  My civvy phone I just top up at an ATM , usually about £10 a year, thats how little of a phone user I am, my current phone is my first smart phone so pretty much only use it in the house on wifi

Offline GucciMane

i 100% reccomend this - used it on holiday and it was great

mrhappypants

At least part of my reason for adding to this thread is that I want to keep an eye on some of the good information here. 

I have never bought A PG.  My experience of four years punting; I do want any kind of record with AW that is traceable back to me and ABSOLUTELY NOT a financial transaction.  Imagine; 1) demented prozzie goes bunny boiler (see my review of Petite Ameera) and has lifted cards from you wallet while you were in the shower, or 2) AW gets hacked (see TalkTalk, Yahoo, McAfee and any number of other online retailers) and your details end up in the hands of an Indian call centre.

If I can be arsed I might go to the effort of the cash over the counter option - but otherwise I will just punt in the blind. 

JV547845

If I reckon there's any ris of that, I leave all my ID in the car or take it in the bathroom with me while I shower.  Usually a sig of a shit punt though so I would try to avoid if possible.

Offline CheeseBoard

I'm looking for a prepaid card so I can sign up for SA.  Doesn't look like you can use paysafe so any ideas would be much appreciated.
I do have a credit card I don't use much, but would rather find a card I can use to sign up for a month and then bin the card

CB

Offline malletsmallet

I'm looking for a prepaid card so I can sign up for SA.  Doesn't look like you can use paysafe so any ideas would be much appreciated.
I do have a credit card I don't use much, but would rather find a card I can use to sign up for a month and then bin the card

CB

You can use your credit card and pay using PayPal guest service,
don't need to sign into your PayPal account.

SA won't have access to your credit card details.
Or so I'm led to believe.

I paid my SA sub this way after failing to find a true cash only prepayment card in my area
which doesn't require my address.
Banned reason: Previously banned (nokli)
Banned by:

Offline CheeseBoard

Thanks MM much appreciated.  I'll have a look at that  :thumbsup:

CB

sloshed

I'm looking for a prepaid card so I can sign up for SA.

Another acronym I don't know, lol!

What is SA?

Cheers.   :)

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

sloshed

Thanks,

I might join that if I win the lottery, lol!

Cheers,   :)