Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 45739 times)

Offline radioman33

It’s anyone’s really,I think Leeds should be at least 2/1 as poor form.
Leeds 6/4
Southampton 13/8
Norwich 9/2
W.Brom 11/2

Offline webpunter

It’s anyone’s really,I think Leeds should be at least 22/1 as poor form.
Leeds 6/4
Southampton 13/8
Norwich 9/2
W.Brom 11/2

Edit
& being favourites [just] another nail in the coffin  :rolleyes:
Although the odds are often adjusted depending on the level of betting & to try & ensure that the bookies make ££ whatever the outcome

Offline radioman33

Good luck to David Moyes,he’s a good manager,not definite yet but Lopetegui coming in.He did a good job with what he had for West Ham.

Offline timsussex

Good luck to David Moyes,he’s a good manager,not definite yet but Lopetegui coming in.He did a good job with what he had for West Ham.

Agreed gave them a European trophy with a very patchy squad - makes you wonder what he could do at a big club ......oh hang on  :diablo:

Offline JontyR

I think Moyes will now become the new Roy Hodgson. Delivering solid outcomes, stability, rescuing clubs from relegation whilst boring the knackers off everyone.

Online mr.bluesky

The Eagles are shitting on Wankchester big time.  :D
Surely Ten Hag is now on borrowed time.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 09:20:52 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

Means currently no place in any European competitions - unless they win the FA Cup

Offline chrishornx

they have arsenal and newcastle next ...very tough times for them  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Online mr.bluesky

they have arsenal and newcastle next ...very tough times for them  :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think Ten Hags job is safe until the FA cup final  depending on the result of that game. Like you say they have a tough run in on their remaining fixtures but I wouldn't be surprised if outgoing Bayern Munich and former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel hasn't already been earmarked for the job. He knows the Premier league after all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 03:17:23 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I think Ten Hags job is safe until the FA cup final  depending on the result of that game. Like you say they have a tough run in on their remaining fixtures but I wouldn't be surprised if outgoing Bayern Munich and former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel hasn't already been earmarked for the job. He knows the Premier league after all.
Man U are wanting Newcastle's sporting director Dan Ashworth but can't agree a compensation package, personally I'd be wary of employing someone who jumps ship so readily when what seems like a better offer comes along. We got him from Brighton but he was put on gardening leave first and we had to pay compensation now he's in the same position with us.

Whatever contract he signs means nothing to him, he's got no loyalty to his employer.

Online mr.bluesky

Man U are wanting Newcastle's sporting director Dan Ashworth but can't agree a compensation package, personally I'd be wary of employing someone who jumps ship so readily when what seems like a better offer comes along. We got him from Brighton but he was put on gardening leave first and we had to pay compensation now he's in the same position with us.

Whatever contract he signs means nothing to him, he's got no loyalty to his employer.

Unless Man Utd are offering him mega bucks You would have to ask why he is leaving a club with great potential to win trophy's to join a club that's on the slide  :unknown:

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Unless Man Utd are offering him mega bucks You would have to ask why he is leaving a club with great potential to win trophy's to join a club that's on the slide  :unknown:
I suppose we can only guess but it was reported while he was working for the FA in 2018 he had been shortlisted for technical director at Man U but he joined Brighton, then when Newcastle showed interest he told Brighton he wanted to leave. Now Man U have come calling again he's told Newcastle he wants to leave.

Could be Man U have a bigger budget than Newcastle at the minute, it's going to take a while for us to get our revenue up to the level of some other prem teams. Mind getting out of the Mickey Mouse deals the FCB did on the commercial side is going a long way to improve things.

Offline southcoastpunter

maybe because, although lots of people don't like MU, they are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, if not the biggest! (depending how you measure "biggest")

(i'm not a MU fan but not a "hater" either!)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:31:30 am by southcoastpunter »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
maybe because, although lots of people don't like MU, they are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, if not the biggest! (depending how you measure "biggest")

Newcastle at 17 in the world on the list for 2022/23 are £458m behind Man U, 5th, in the revenue stakes at the minute.

Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal are all ahead of us, we are 7th in the premier league list though. It'll be interesting to see what difference the new commercial deals we have done make.

Online mr.bluesky

I think it's only Man Utd fans who tag Man Utd as the " biggest club team in the world. How do you measure this, commercial revenue ? Domestic success?
I would say Real Madrid would have to be the biggest club team in the World right now.

Offline southcoastpunter

I think it's only Man Utd fans who tag Man Utd as the " biggest club team in the world. How do you measure this, commercial revenue ? Domestic success?
I would say Real Madrid would have to be the biggest club team in the World right now.

ah, i did say I was not sure how it was measured. If by "total worldwide fan base", i suspect it would still be MU. it struct me in my travels over the last 15-18 months or so that whenever a MU game was on tv, the sports bars showing the match were more crowded than when any other teams were playing.(This was particularly so in Asia and also Colombia)

In terms of success, i agree - RM are taking over Man City's crown.

Online mr.bluesky

Football manager merry go round in motion again. Hull City have sacked manager Liam Rosenior despite Hull finishing just 3 points short of a play off position in 7th place. When he took over the club they were 21st in the league. A ridiculous decision. Club has a Turkish media broadcaster and entrepreneur as the owner who probably expects instant success.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 05:44:10 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
ah, i did say I was not sure how it was measured. If by "total worldwide fan base", i suspect it would still be MU. it struct me in my travels over the last 15-18 months or so that whenever a MU game was on tv, the sports bars showing the match were more crowded than when any other teams were playing.(This was particularly so in Asia and also Colombia)

According to this website - External Link/Members Only - below is the top 20 revenue generating clubs and I'm sure worldwide popularity has a lot to do with that. That's why Newcastle are doing their best to promote the brand all over the world. They did several promotional meet and greet type 'gigs' when they were in the states last year.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online mr.bluesky

According to this website - External Link/Members Only - below is the top 20 revenue generating clubs and I'm sure worldwide popularity has a lot to do with that. That's why Newcastle are doing their best to promote the brand all over the world. They did several promotional meet and greet type 'gigs' when they were in the states last year.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Surprised to see West Ham so high on the list  :unknown:

Online willie loman

you can quibble if you will, but man united will always be near the top, astonishing given their relative failure over the last decade, every one remembers their victory over benefica in the 60s, no one really remembers any other english victory in europe.

Online mr.bluesky

you can quibble if you will, but man united will always be near the top, astonishing given their relative failure over the last decade, every one remembers their victory over benefica in the 60s, no one really remembers any other english victory in europe.

Yeah , Liverpools win over AC Milan on penalties after coming from 3-0 down is instantly forgettable in 2004/ 2005, nobody ever talks about that  :sarcastic:
Or Nottingham Forest's back to back victories in 78/79,  79/80
Or Man Utd's late win over Bayern Munich in 98/99 , no remembers them .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 09:35:13 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline JontyR

Grobelaar's jelly legged penalty shoot out?

Oh and if you are ever in the West Midlands you are never more than 20 yards away from a Villa fan banging on about 1982.

Online mr.bluesky

Grobelaar's jelly legged penalty shoot out?

Oh and if you are ever in the West Midlands you are never more than 20 yards away from a Villa fan banging on about 1982.

Exactly , but nobody remembers those according to willie  .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 09:39:15 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

I think it's only Man Utd fans who tag Man Utd as the " biggest club team in the world

Wankchester are by a significant margin the biggest bunch of cunts
Most neutral fans will agree me thinks

Whilst enjoyable seeing them ripped to shreds yesterday this enjoyment is brief
Still want them to lose to eliminate any chance of europe [say 2-1 or 3-1, no more than two goals]
This would increase the chances of ETH being in the chair next season
& another season of shite
If he departs there'll be a new manager bounce

ETH has his principles & ditching Sancho & Greenwood looks a bad call with the benefit of hindsight
He's still commenting in the press that he is the right manager  :rolleyes:, wanting to stay blah blah
He must know he's toast & is waiting for a payoff 
Wankchester are going to have to pay top whack to get anyone decent, with a huge payoff if shown the door 

Offline webpunter

Karma, the cheating french cunts [denying Newcastle progressing with the help of the ref & UEFA] are oot
No matter how good they are in Ligue 1 romping it with ease in probably the dullest league in europe they still cant step up
PSG passing FFP or whatever the UEFA equivalent is  :rolleyes:

Offline radioman33

Bolton managed to hang on,going to Wembley once a prem club and Crawley town easy 3-0 win MK Dons league 2

Offline Fac51

Yeah , Liverpools win over AC Milan on penalties after coming from 3-0 down is instantly forgettable in 2004/ 2005, nobody ever talks about that  :sarcastic:
Or Nottingham Forest's back to back victories in 78/79,  79/80
Or Man Utd's late win over Bayern Munich in 98/99 , no remembers them .

Exactly  :thumbsup:

Forest as a provincial club winning the European cup twice with the greatest manager England never had will NEVER be repeated. It was amazing

And No, I'm not a Forest fan either ...

Offline radioman33

Forest as a provincial club winning the European cup twice with the greatest manager England never had will NEVER be repeated. It was amazing

John Robertson was On Talksport the other day,part of that team.

Online mr.bluesky

Bolton managed to hang on,going to Wembley once a prem club and Crawley town easy 3-0 win MK Dons league 2

That Bolton v Barnsley match was some game. Bolton 3-1 up from the first leg looked to be cruising it but credit to Barnsley for having a real go and nearly pulling off a remarkable come back. 👏
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 01:49:59 am by mr.bluesky »

Online mr.bluesky

A team full of British players too,  with the likes of Shilton , Lloyd, McGovern, Tony Woodcock etc. Eight English players and three Scots in that team. Woodcock went on to have a successful career in Germany for FC Cologne as well as a stint at Arsenal, a much underrated player for England too. Their second European cup victory over German club Hamburg containing a certain Kevin Keegan.

Online willie loman

Exactly , but nobody remembers those according to willie  .

you are always posturing as the forums greatest expert on football, yet you were unaware that celtic had played in 2 european cup finals, ironic given that one was in the 70s , a decade for which you profess great nostalgia.

Offline chrishornx

you are always posturing as the forums greatest expert on football, yet you were unaware that celtic had played in 2 european cup finals, ironic given that one was in the 70s , a decade for which you profess great nostalgia.

the fact he doesn't mention Celtic hardly means he has forgotten them. And this part of the thread seems to be specifically about English clubs

Offline Blackpool Rock

Wankchester are by a significant margin the biggest bunch of cunts
Most neutral fans will agree me thinks

Whilst enjoyable seeing them ripped to shreds yesterday this enjoyment is brief
Still want them to lose to eliminate any chance of europe [say 2-1 or 3-1, no more than two goals]
This would increase the chances of ETH being in the chair next season
& another season of shite
If he departs there'll be a new manager bounce

ETH has his principles & ditching Sancho & Greenwood looks a bad call with the benefit of hindsight
He's still commenting in the press that he is the right manager  :rolleyes:, wanting to stay blah blah
He must know he's toast & is waiting for a payoff 
Wankchester are going to have to pay top whack to get anyone decent, with a huge payoff if shown the door
Sitting on the fence again then  :rolleyes:

Online willie loman

the fact he doesn't mention Celtic hardly means he has forgotten them. And this part of the thread seems to be specifically about English clubs

i dont know why you are replying on his behalf, he knows what post i am referring to.

Online mr.bluesky

I don't claim to be the greatest expert on football but your topic was about English teams claiming no one remembers their achievements apart from Man Utd 's victory over Benfica or is your memory span so short you can't remember what you posted. Stick to posting about Scottish football because you know Jack shit about football South of the border.
I am well aware that Celtic won the European cup in 1967 but your topic was about English teams specifically Man Utd.
So what's Celtic got to do with it  :unknown: I can only assume that you are also a Wankchester Utd fan too which explains everything.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 07:58:01 am by mr.bluesky »

Online mr.bluesky

Exactly,  but you can't argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level then beat you with his vast experience.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 08:10:27 am by mr.bluesky »

Online alftupper

PSG passing FFP or whatever the UEFA equivalent is  :rolleyes:

Just to be an annoying pedant. FFP (Financial fair play) was the UEFA equivalent until they changed the name to FSR (Financial sustainability rules) . There has never been FFP in the Premier League, it's called PSR (Profit and sustainability regulations).

Offline Stevelondon

PSG fail again. Even though the pundits said they would overturn the first game.

All German final anyone ?

Online mr.bluesky

PSG fail again. Even though the pundits said they would overturn the first game.

All German final anyone ?

An all German final at Wembley  :dash:

Offline chrishornx

Exactly,  but you can't argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level then beat you with his vast experience.  :crazy:

not sur which post he was specifically referring to. No doubt he will explain in due course

Offline WARSZAWA16

I take Real Madrid to get to the final. They always seem to get the job done in Europe.

Online mr.bluesky

I take Real Madrid to get to the final. They always seem to get the job done in Europe.

They have to start as favourites. The last time Dortmund played a Champions league final at Wembley was against Bayern Munich which they lost so not a happy hunting ground for them.

Offline chrishornx

They have to start as favourites. The last time Dortmund played a Champions league final at Wembley was against Bayern Munich which they lost so not a happy hunting ground for them.

got to agree whoever gets through tonight will be favourites at Wembley

Offline timsussex

Article in The Times suggesting that Chelsea can't afford to qualify for Europe - as they will then need to meet the stricter UEFA financial standards ( don't laugh)
Apparently UEFA closed the long contract loophole a couple of years before the Premier league. Chelsea also spent £75 million last year on agents fees !

Similarly last years loss of £120million by Aston Villa could see them in trouble as the cash they got from Grealish falls out of the 2 year window in which they can lose a maximum of £35 million
The Premier league allow £105 million over 3 years
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 05:04:40 pm by timsussex »

Offline webpunter

Sitting on the fence again then  :rolleyes:

As always
Think the post might have poured ice on my bromance  :D

Offline webpunter

Just to be an annoying pedant. FFP (Financial fair play) was the UEFA equivalent until they changed the name to FSR (Financial sustainability rules) . There has never been FFP in the Premier League, it's called PSR (Profit and sustainability regulations).

Not annoying at all.  Good to know  :thumbsup:

Offline webpunter

Article in The Times suggesting that Chelsea can't afford to qualify for Europe - as they will then need to meet the stricter UEFA financial standards ( don't laugh)
Apparently UEFA closed the long contract loophole a couple of years before the Premier league. Chelsea also spent £75 million last year on agents fees !

Similarly last years loss of £120million by Aston Villa could see them in trouble as the cash they got from Grealish falls out of the 2 year window in which they can lose a maximum of £35 million
The Premier league allow £105 million over 3 years

:lol: :lol:

How PSG, Real & Barca ever 'pass' these tests / requirements i have no idea  :rolleyes:
Some very creative accounting

Online willie loman

I don't claim to be the greatest expert on football but your topic was about English teams claiming no one remembers their achievements apart from Man Utd 's victory over Benfica or is your memory span so short you can't remember what you posted. Stick to posting about Scottish football because you know Jack shit about football South of the border.
I am well aware that Celtic won the European cup in 1967 but your topic was about English teams specifically Man Utd.
So what's Celtic got to do with it  :unknown: I can only assume that you are also a Wankchester Utd fan too which explains everything.

my point was that you werent aware of celtic being in 2 finals, i was referring to an earlier thread where you had displayed your ignorance, you are the one with memory problems, as you know i enjoy goading you.

Online mr.bluesky

my point was that you werent aware of celtic being in 2 finals, i was referring to an earlier thread where you had displayed your ignorance, you are the one with memory problems, as you know i enjoy goading you.

I am well aware of Celtic's European history. You recently showed your ignorance  when critisising English clubs for being full of foreign players when your own team has many .
If goading me makes you happy then carry on. As the saying goes " little things please little minds"
I know one thing, Celtics recent European history is very short, they can never get out the group stage   :sarcastic:
In normal circumstances I would look forward to some more pearls of wisdom from you but as you are going on my ignore list I don't think I'll be missing anything.  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:50:41 pm by mr.bluesky »