Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: nonspecific urethritis  (Read 1189 times)

Offline 8a8ylon

Today I visited my gum clinic where I was told I had the above, given some tablets & a leaflet to read.

The doc informed me that I had some inflammation in the urethra (penis) caused by mostly likely gon or chla  :scare:

Well that really made my day as the doc didn't really give a good talk other than here's the tablets & u should b fine.  Which I guess is fine if it solves the problem & how I got it.

After reading the leaflet which on page 2 gives possible other reason's & reconfirms the sti as the most likely cause as u read the leaflet.

Just re- read it & as I showered the night before with minty+tea tree mix shower gel, I think this might have given the falsa reading & on the safe side gave the pills.

Well my Qs

does anyone know more about this & the next step?
When u take the swab+piss test, is that just an initial quick test, in that if its obvious ie cream oozy is coming out, u can get treatment or is that the main test & the labs then do the blood work?
I have faith that everything will be negative when I check my results in a weeks time but if my inflammation had a sti connection & my results are all negative. What does that mean, did I have gon or chla to cause the inflammation of the penis.

The last time I had sex was in early Nov, if it was that wouldn't it had been more specific diagnostics on what I had?

But my firm belief it was cause by the shower gel I used last nite & I taken the 4 tablets in one go & waiting for the results to cum thou & no sex for 7 days.

I will call up aswell after my results are in & speak to a nurse to see my next move but anyone else know more about the heading & what you did?

Offline jawill

Hi.  Ok the swob they took, I am assuming they looked at under a microscope there and then, and they would have also dipped a strip in your piss to look for certain things.  NSU is diagnosed when they find puss or white blood cells either on your swob, or indicated on the dip stick (colour changes) but when the swob doesnt seem to show any bacteria.  Gonnoreah can be seen under a microscope, but Chlamydia cannot.

If you had sex in early November its also possible you do have one of these but its not fully established itself yet, but this would be a long shot, as Gonnoreah can usually be detected after 1 week and Clamydia in 2-4 weeks.

The 4 tablets are arythromycin, which works on gonnoreah and clamydia, though if it is gonnoreah you may also need a shot in a butt as well.

Ok next steps, they will have sent your piss away for analysis.  If they find Gonn or Clam they will be in touch but the antibitotic should take care of it, particularly if its clamydia.  It is possible some shower gel got into your urethra as well and caused some inflammation.

If the urine analysis comes back negative, then no further action is needed unless you notice anything untoward, such as burning when peeing or any discharge. 

Its difficult to say at the moment what the cause is, but NSU usually means they believe you dont have gonn or clam, but you do have something in there causing inflammation, which in turn produces the puss cells and white blood cells which is what their on site checks would have detected. 

Note that the urine dip sticks are not that accurate, whreas the lab analysis will be.  I wouldnt worry too much, just wait for the results now.

Offline 8a8ylon

Thx for the advise shame the doc didn't really run the next step, do a sit down but I guess I was in no real mood as most of my Qs came from the leaflet afterwards.

I'm going to call them after the results are in to get more peace of mind that it was the shower gel as a cause than a sti.

But thx for ur post

Marmite

I got NSU many years ago.

I had just returned from the Middle East after just over 3 months with no fun and frolics.  I got a burning sensation but no discharge.  I went to the "special clinic" as it was known at the time, swab tests showed nothing and was told come back in week.

I had no intention of waiting a week.  I went to a private Dr the next day.  He diagnosed NSU as I hadn't any recent sexual contact.  How did I get it? Probably from soap/shower gel he said.  Told me he got NSU himself when he was a final year student and "not getting any". 

He also told me "STD clinics are good at STD's...but not everything is an STD.  NSU is not always sexually transmitted and can be treated without having to wait another week for additional Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tests."

A quick course of antibiotics 48hrs later I was feeling a lot better.

Offline KentAde

I got NSU many years ago.

I had just returned from the Middle East after just over 3 months with no fun and frolics.  I got a burning sensation but no discharge.  I went to the "special clinic" as it was known at the time, swab tests showed nothing and was told come back in week.

I had no intention of waiting a week.  I went to a private Dr the next day.  He diagnosed NSU as I hadn't any recent sexual contact.  How did I get it? Probably from soap/shower gel he said.  Told me he got NSU himself when he was a final year student and "not getting any". 

He also told me "STD clinics are good at STD's...but not everything is an STD.  NSU is not always sexually transmitted and can be treated without having to wait another week for additional Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tests."

A quick course of antibiotics 48hrs later I was feeling a lot better.

Can totally concur with the above. I've been suffering with NSU for a good maybe 2 years now and I caught it from too much chlorine/disinfectant in a swimming pool in Mexico, when I was pissing in there, as you do  ;) The chemicals caused issues with my uretha, and the private doctor said I will always be at risk of uncomfortable feelings down below, when my immune system is low, ie stress, illness, etc. So, I have never had an STI (been tested numerous times since), but do have NSU. I take immune vitamins daily, just to help my body cope. So not all is lost...

Dave2014

NSU's are not always sexually transmitted. I once developed (I deliberately did not use the word 'contracted') an NSU after I had been on a trip to Spain during which I drank a lot of strong coffee which I wouldn't ordinarily do.

It couldn't have been the 5 latina prozzies I banged on the same trip because I was always covered  :lol: