Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New Law To Make It Illegal To Sell Or Supply Wet Wipes To be Introduced  (Read 396 times)

Online Jonestown

Wet wipes containing plastic are set to be banned from sale in the UK under legislation expected to be confirmed on Monday.

Environment Secretary Steve Barclay is expected to announce plans to introduce legislation before the summer recess in July following a long-running campaign to ban the products.

The law would make it illegal to sell or supply wet wipes containing plastic in England, with the rest of the UK set to follow by the autumn.

Wet wipes eventually break down into microplastics, which damage ecosystems and contribute to water pollution, and discarded wipes have increasingly littered Britain’s beaches.

Mr Barclay said: “I have been clear that a step change is needed to protect our waterways from pollution.

“The ban builds on a raft of actions already taken to protect our waterways and hold water companies accountable, including accelerating investment, putting water company fines back into the environment and quadrupling the number of inspections of water company sites.”

But Labour said the ban did not go far enough, committing to a “a full ban on the sale, supply and manufacture of plastic wet wipes”.

Shadow environment secretary Steve Reed said: “Plastic wet wipes clog up our sewers, kill wildlife and lead to sewage backing up into people’s homes.

===============================================================================================

Bring on the soap & water approach to post coital ablutions, possibly in some instances accompanied by cost increases and reductions in time allocations.

Online RandomGuy99

You can already get wet wipes that don't use plastic. I think there's bamboo based ones.

Online Dipper

I’m just glad the govt are addressing all the key issues of 2024 without delay.  :rolleyes: :sarcastic:

Offline Squire Haggard

Mine always go into landfill. A plague on the houses of those that put them down the dumper, or on the beach, etc.

Online Blackpool Rock

I actually thought they had already been outlawed, the issue as always isn't the wet wipe or the plastic itself but the careless / inappropriate disposal of the item  :hi:

Offline mr.bluesky

But in the meantime we will still pump millions of gallons of sewage into the sea  :vomit:

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
You can already get wet wipes that don't use plastic. I think there's bamboo based ones.

They are and I use them along with bamboo loo roll, tissues, kitchen roll and makeup removal wipes.

I get them to my door in bulk subscription orders fron The Cheeky Panda company and they are outstanding  :hi:

Online PilotMan

I think we should outlaw any items that contain microplastics, including make-up etc.

As others have said, there are plenty of alternatives, such as bamboo based etc.

If you don't think it's a problem, then we might as well bring back Asbestos, Lead based paint and a whole host of other toxic items.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:39:02 pm by PilotMan »

Online badsin

Also, as they are practically impossible to breakdown, they block sewers and drains.
As stated above it's morons not disposing of them correctly  :hi:

Offline radioman33

The sewer programmes on telly were interesting showing Fatbergs being broken up,I just read on Wikipedia some in London were size of a bus + 747 plane.

Offline Steely Dan

The main cause of fatbergs is fat.  Wet wipes end up in them.  Ban wet wipes  = same number of fatbergs, but now with only McD's garbage and Greggs debris. Woohoo life is much better.