Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Grumpy old men - So what's pissed you off today?  (Read 50772 times)

Offline catweazle

This is just mental

BBC News - UK to pay failed asylum seekers to move to Rwanda under new scheme
External Link/Members Only

These people have travelled 1000s of miles and endured many hardships. They are physically and mentally scared. The government thinks they can pay them £3000 and they'll go live in Africa. They don't want to live in Africa. That's just not going to happen.

Whilst I would wish to respond, this is straying  in politics, and belongs in the politics thread.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
This is just mental

BBC News - UK to pay failed asylum seekers to move to Rwanda under new scheme
External Link/Members Only

These people have travelled 1000s of miles and endured many hardships. They are physically and mentally scared. The government thinks they can pay them £3000 and they'll go live in Africa. They don't want to live in Africa. That's just not going to happen.
Posting as a moderator, I'm quite sure any government policy regarding asylum seekers would fall under the banner of a political issue and as such is only allowed in the dedicated political thread.

Offline ulstersubbie

A fair number of these "asylum seekers" have not travelled thousands of miles and endured many hardships, you're being rather disingenuous. Too be fair you have the Africa part right, no they don't want to live in Africa. Mogadishu v Margate, it's a no brainer, I know as I lived in Malawi for a number of years.

As daviemac and catweazle have said, this should really be in the politics thread.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 09:36:29 am by ulstersubbie »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
this should really be in the politics thread.
Yet you reply to it.   :dash:

Online PilotMan

Deleted - just saw DM's post is the page rolled over  :dash:

Anyway, I am grumpy, my new car turned up today.

I had to reject it as they got the interior colour wrong  :dash:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 11:40:03 am by PilotMan »

Online RandomGuy99

Deleted - just saw DM's post is the page rolled over  :dash:

Anyway, I am grumpy, my new car turned up today.

I had to reject it as they got the interior colour wrong  :dash:
Nothing major then  :dash:

Online PilotMan

Nothing major then  :dash:

Nah, nothing major, almost didn't spot it.

Spec ordered:

Hidden Image/Members Only

What turned up, totally black interior  :lol: :lol::

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 03:19:11 pm by PilotMan »

Online RandomGuy99

Nah, nothing major, almost didn't spot it.

Spec ordered:

What turned up, totally black interior  :lol: :lol::

I'd stick with the totally black interior. The other one will show the dirt from you driving across fields and up mountains and transporting livestock and other large items in your vehicle.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 03:31:06 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline nuckingfuts

I'd stick with the totally black interior. The other one will show the dirt from you driving across fields and up mountains and transporting livestock and other large items in your vehicle.

It’s moot anyway…some scrote’s going to try to nick it and rip it to shreds anyway

Online webpunter

I didnt realise that @PM did car meets :lol:

Thats a bit of a suspect colour scheme, ivory or whatevva they call it for the inserts
Prone to showing up dirt, but only after a day
There'd be no having a drive thru Mickeys concerned bout spillages
Starbucks or Costa, way too risky

@PM, its a sign you're not meant to have the motor
Edit: and neither will the robbers shortly after you take delivery
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 06:09:14 pm by webpunter »

Online PilotMan

That's where you're going wrong, livestock goes in the trailer, if you put livestock inside they end up licking your ears as you drive (unless of course you're in to that)  :P

Online PilotMan

I didnt realise that @PM did car meets :lol:

Thats a bit of a suspect colour scheme, ivory or whatevva they call it for the inserts
Prone to showing up dirt, but only after a day
There'd be no having a drive thru Mickeys concerned bout spillages
Starbucks or Costa, way too risky

@PM, its a sign you're not meant to have the motor
Edit: and neither will the robbers shortly after you take delivery

I was supposed to be having Ghost fitted, had to cancel that.

The colour is "Oyster" I'll have you know.

Offline mr.bluesky

Does it have " go faster stripes along the side "  :unknown:

Online PilotMan

Does it have " go faster stripes along the side "  :unknown:

Nah, I would have but my sponsors Penistone Oil and Larsen Biscuits put a stop to it.

Offline nuckingfuts

Ghost is an interesting product but not thatcham certified.

Online PilotMan

Ghost is an interesting product but not thatcham certified.

I think that they have an immobiliser / alarm product that is Thatcham approved. Someone told me of another one called Pandora that is supposed to be Thatcham approved.

The funny thing is the car I've had for the past few years is number 3 on the most stolen list. I drive it all over the place, leave it on the street, in multi storey car parks, in Tesco car park. I just have the standard key and factory immobiliser,  yet I've never had a single issue with anyone trying to steal it, or even break in.

Offline MrMatrix

Have you backed up to iCloud by any chance! Apologies if asking the obvious!  :hi:
I tried to back it up first to my laptop, insufficient room, which surprised me.

All of it was transferred over to the phone, but the watsapp stalled at the half way stage and collapsed and lost all the threads from both phones.
Ive never used the cloud but I am as of today. Bit late but a lot of the stuff you never look at again in any case. Never theless Im pissed of with it. :unknown:

Online webpunter

I tried to back it up first to my laptop, insufficient room, which surprised me.

At some stage you really need to get a replacement for your ZX Spectrum  ;)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Didn't think I was on one today but then realised that everything appeared to be boiling my piss  :diablo:

The 1st time I realised I was wound up was when some ignorant twat blocked my way, he came through a door at the end of a corridor just as I came round the corner from the other end, the corridor was 2-3 metres long and I stopped to let him through which made sense as he had a door at his end.
He got half way down the corridor and could see I was waiting for him but still decided to fucking stop and open a door half way down the corridor then stand there looking through the door FFS so I had to stand there waiting for the cunt  :angry:

Decided to get some shopping in a couple of hours later and encountered the usual fuckwits leaving their trollies in the middle of the isle at an angle so no other fucker can get past.
Then don't you know it I stand waiting at the checkout while the cashier has a fucking chat about whatever shit with the last customer  :mad:
The cashier then proceeded to moan about how busy she had been and what a long day it was but then told me she started at 14.00, I looked at the clock and she'd only been working 2 fucking hours  :angry:
To compound it I then had to wait further as the bastard till roll ran out  :dash:

Online webpunter

Decided to get some shopping in a couple of hours later and encountered the usual fuckwits leaving their trollies in the middle of the isle at an angle so no other fucker can get past.
Then don't you know it I stand waiting at the checkout while the cashier has a fucking chat about whatever shit with the last customer  :mad:
The cashier then proceeded to moan about how busy she had been and what a long day it was but then told me she started at 14.00, I looked at the clock and she'd only been working 2 fucking hours  :angry:
To compound it I then had to wait further as the bastard till roll ran out  :dash:

What are you like ? this has been referenced before:  scan & shop  :rolleyes:   
Then you dont have to deal with fuckers chatting
& women hunting for their credit card like its a shock to their system that they have to pay [ooooh i wasnt expecting that]
& theyre fucking around trying to use vouchers which dont work wasting even more time, in between chatting more bollox

Offline mr.bluesky

& women hunting for their credit card like its a shock to their system that they have to pay [ooooh i wasnt expecting that]
& theyre fucking around trying to use vouchers which dont work wasting even more time, in between chatting more bollox

What ! and miss out on chatting up the old dears on the checkouts  :rolleyes:
( if your really lucky there may be one under the age of 55 on the Checkouts if there's a young student on one you've really hit the jackpot  :yahoo:)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:23:53 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

And i'm sure i've previously posted that I fucking hate self scan checkouts  :angry: Are you going out of your way to PISS ME OFF  :diablo:

OK so I see you actually said scan and shop rather than self scan checkout, i'm calm again now  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

You should get a "Comestabile Procurmement Executive" I've got one does all that stuff and the odd bint enjoys it !

Well its spending money seems not to matter what its on!!

Offline stampjones

Supermarket related, I was in tesco today and there was this couple each with a trolley walking side by side very slowly down the aisle so that no-one could get past. Shopping together is one thing but side by side trolleys ffs

Online webpunter

And i'm sure i've previously posted that I fucking hate self scan checkouts  :angry: Are you going out of your way to PISS ME OFF  :diablo:

OK so I see you actually said scan and shop rather than self scan checkout, i'm calm again now  :rolleyes:  :D

Phew, what a relief
Edit:  respec for including both parts of the post, for context  :hi:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 11:36:54 pm by webpunter »

Offline mr.bluesky

Called in to a garden centre on good Friday, being Easter it was rather busy, just about to pull into a parking space and nearly hit one of those low loading trolleys which was left in the parking bay.  :angry: Some cunt too lazy to take the trolley back to the trolley  area. I hope all the plants they bought wither and die after planting them .

Offline george r

Tesco  profits of £2.3 billion, not surprised prices go up weekly there  :angry:

Offline lostandfound

Tesco  profits of £2.3 billion, not surprised prices go up weekly there  :angry:

4.5% net margin is within the normal range for retail.

Businesses have to earn good profits for the health of the economy. Not going to comment on Tweets by prominent figures on this topic as that would be dangerously close to straying into politics.

Edit to add: The UK has the lowest food prices in Europe, due to competition between supermarkets. At least that has long been the case, and even in these inflationary times I suspect that remains so.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 06:59:05 pm by lostandfound »

Offline Blackpool Rock

I don't shop in Tesco very often, always thought it was expensive and noticed a few years ago that many of their "Offers" were a total con, eg a 3 pack of tuna chunks which was on offer was actually more expensive than buying 3 individual tins FFS  :dash:

Only tend to shop there when I get sent money off coupons like £9 off a £40 shop but every time I do then all I tend to buy is shit unhealthy stuff like beer and snacks which are on offer, all the normal "Food" is over priced  :thumbsdown:

Online Squire Haggard

Bugger Tesco and their loyalty points. I shop elsewhere.

Offline mr.bluesky

I am on Tesco mobile and because I have a Tesco club card got a good deal on a new phone and plan so not all bad . The scheme I am on now will be frozen for three years , and as I am a techno numpty the sales people were very helpful in transferring all my stuff from my old mobile to my new one.  :drinks:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 07:06:56 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline David1970

If you don’t let them track your shopping habits they charge you more, never shop in Tescos.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I am on Tesco mobile and because I have a Tesco club card got a good deal on a new phone and plan so not all bad . The scheme I am on now will be frozen for three years , and as I am a techno numpty the sales people were very helpful in transferring all my stuff from my old mobile to my new one:drinks:
If it included all your punting contacts did they ask who cum slut Chloe and no big tits Bess were  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

If it included all your punting contacts did they ask who cum slut Chloe and no big tits Bess were  :rolleyes:  :D

:D no I made sure I removed all them first ( and it was Norma knockers by the way)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:56:46 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Dr Talueng

If you don’t let them track your shopping habits they charge you more, never shop in Tescos.

I don't usually use Tescos, and I do not have a Clubcard. On the rare occasion that I do go into my local Tescos, when they ask if I have a clubcard I tell them "let me check ..." and I turn around and ask the people behind me if I may borrow their clubcard; 9 times out of 10 they are more than happy to give me their clubcard to use - I get cheaper shopping, the other person gets the points (or whatever)! I know you're not supposed to do it, but screw-em!

Offline Thephoenix

I have no problem with my shopping habits being tracked.

I'm happy to use my Tesco and  Nectar clubcards if it means saving money.

I have also just taken out a Tesco Car Insurance which was the cheapest quote on 'Go Compare', with an extra discount as they automatically linked my clubcard.....Bargain!

Offline mr.bluesky

I don't usually use Tescos, and I do not have a Clubcard. On the rare occasion that I do go into my local Tescos, when they ask if I have a clubcard I tell them "let me check ..." and I turn around and ask the people behind me if I may borrow their clubcard; 9 times out of 10 they are more than happy to give me their clubcard to use - I get cheaper shopping, the other person gets the points (or whatever)! I know you're not supposed to do it, but screw-em!

I had this happen to me the other day when someone in front of me didn't have their club card on them and asked me if they could put it on mine. They got their discount and I got their points which was handy as they had spent over £60 and I was only spending a few £ on a few items. The check out lady on the till was quite happy to do this.
Ps. It wasn't you was it  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Only tend to shop there when I get sent money off coupons like £9 off a £40 shop but every time I do then all I tend to buy is shit unhealthy stuff like beer and snacks which are on offer, all the normal "Food" is over priced  :thumbsdown:

And what's wrong with beer and snacks  :unknown:
That's my staple diet  :D

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Went out with an old friend last nite for a quiet drink but twas anything but!.

What is it that people mainly 20 to 30 year old males have to BELLOW at each other?, my old mate is very quietly voiced and I have good hearing but the racket these yobs make is really annoying let alone the Six quiid plus fpr a pint of wind and water!...

Offline Blackpool Rock

Went out with an old friend last nite for a quiet drink but twas anything but!.

What is it that people mainly 20 to 30 year old males have to BELLOW at each other?, my old mate is very quietly voiced and I have good hearing but the racket these yobs make is really annoying let alone the Six quiid plus fpr a pint of wind and water!...
I think I posted something similar about the wankers in the gym especially in the changing room where the noise seems amplified due to the size etc, not only loud but they constantly swear too using Fuck / fucking instead of other words  :dash:

While i'm thinking about the gym I saw something earlier and while it didn't actually affect me it still just boiled my piss watching it -
Some mid 20's prick in a big Audi wants to come in and speak to someone on reception, there are plentiful car parking spaces available but this twat decides not to actually park in a bay but across the front of 3 or 4 other cars which were already parked in bays meaning they couldn't get out if they wanted to  :diablo:
Now perhaps if he quickly ran in and dropped something off then straight back out but this wanker stood chatting for at least 5 fucking minutes, inconsiderate cunt  :thumbsdown:

Offline Thephoenix

The check out lady on the till was quite happy to do this.
Ps. It wasn't you was it  :D

How dare you!.....I resemble that remark!

I only do Saturday mornings in Waitrose.

Offline mr.bluesky

How dare you!.....I resemble that remark!

I only do Saturday mornings in Waitrose.

Waitrose is too posh for me (and too expensive)

Offline Thephoenix

'Hidden' NHS hospital waiting lists.

It's bad enough waiting such a long time to see a consultant after being referred by GPs, but at least these figures are recorded so we're able to see how the NHS is performing in this regard.

Unfortunately it's the waiting times for follow-up appointments that aren't available.

I'm at an age when I expect various degenerative and age related ailments to develop and I've had to request referrals from my GP to a number of 'ologists in recent years.

I've patiently waited to see a cardiologist who arranged treadmill tests, then heard nothing for a year. His secretary wouldn't answer the phone and only after mithering from my GP did I get a follow-up appointment to discuss the results.

Likewise, after having barium swallow x-rays for reflux issues, I again heard nothing for nearly a year.

Now I've been checking my records and realised it's been over a year since I had a bladder procedure done, with a note on my discharge report for an OP appointment in 2/3 months.

It's only because I've chased up the problems myself that I've now been offered appointments.
What if I hadn't? Are they just hoping I'll kick the bucket and be one less statistic?

Unlike a GP appointment, I'm allowed to have more than one complaint, so number 2 is:
Loud and inappropriate so called 'background' music.

The worst is nerve jangling rock/pop music in GPs waiting room.

Restaurants and cafes when you're trying to chat and hear conversation whilst the staff are playing some loud heavy beat stuff they've probably chosen for themselves without any regard for customers.
I won't return to such places and seek out venues with no music or at least 'easy listening'.

Even my city centre library has music playing.
Good Lord!... What's the world coming to?

Sorry matron! I'll finish my cocoa and take my BP pills now. :rolleyes:

Offline mr.bluesky

If it's not bad enough watching football now with women co commentators giving their " expert " opinion they have invaded mens Rugby League. Watched a game recently on Sky, St Helens and Hull KR and lo and behold another bloody woman co commentator giving her expert opinion ( or stating the bleeding obvious) . I have no qualms on women commentators giving their views on Wendyball but bloody Rugby games, no sir  :angry: the poor male commentator could hardly get a word in edgeways.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 11:09:25 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline stampjones

If it's not bad enough watching football now with women co commentators giving their " expert " opinion they have invaded mens Rugby League. Watched a game recently on Sky, St Helens and Hull KR and lo and behold another bloody woman co commentator giving her expert opinion ( or stating the bleeding obvious) . I have no qualms on women commentators giving their views on Wendyball but bloody Rugby games, no sir  :angry: the poor male commentator could hardly get a word in edgeways.
Dont mind women commentators but the pundits really annoy me. The whole point of pundits is they’re supposed to have been there and done it so they can give insight. Thats why you dont have anyone who spent their entire career in league 2. So why is it ok to have female pundits who have never even played mens football never mind EPL. I probably have better insight on some aspects cos at least Ive played mens football. Im all for equality but not when it makes no sense
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 12:18:05 am by stampjones »

Online RandomGuy99

'Hidden' NHS hospital waiting lists.

It's bad enough waiting such a long time to see a consultant after being referred by GPs, but at least these figures are recorded so we're able to see how the NHS is performing in this regard.

Unfortunately it's the waiting times for follow-up appointments that aren't available.

I'm at an age when I expect various degenerative and age related ailments to develop and I've had to request referrals from my GP to a number of 'ologists in recent years.

I've patiently waited to see a cardiologist who arranged treadmill tests, then heard nothing for a year. His secretary wouldn't answer the phone and only after mithering from my GP did I get a follow-up appointment to discuss the results.

Likewise, after having barium swallow x-rays for reflux issues, I again heard nothing for nearly a year.

Now I've been checking my records and realised it's been over a year since I had a bladder procedure done, with a note on my discharge report for an OP appointment in 2/3 months.

It's only because I've chased up the problems myself that I've now been offered appointments.
What if I hadn't? Are they just hoping I'll kick the bucket and be one less statistic?

Unlike a GP appointment, I'm allowed to have more than one complaint, so number 2 is:
Loud and inappropriate so called 'background' music.

The worst is nerve jangling rock/pop music in GPs waiting room.

Restaurants and cafes when you're trying to chat and hear conversation whilst the staff are playing some loud heavy beat stuff they've probably chosen for themselves without any regard for customers.
I won't return to such places and seek out venues with no music or at least 'easy listening'.

Even my city centre library has music playing.
Good Lord!... What's the world coming to?

Sorry matron! I'll finish my cocoa and take my BP pills now. :rolleyes:
You could try speaking to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team at your hospitals and get them to chase follow ups.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (Pals) is a free and confidential service which helps patients, parents and carers with any information, concerns, or problems that they have about their NHS care/service.

Offline Thephoenix

You could try speaking to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team at your hospitals and get them to chase follow ups.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (Pals) is a free and confidential service which helps patients, parents and carers with any information, concerns, or problems that they have about their NHS care/service.

Thanks for your response and advice.

I've contacted the PALS service previously, and all they do is refer it on to the secretary for them to contact me.
Unfortunately that's the same secretary who never answers the phone or responds to emails.

In my local hospital it seems as if the whole appointments system is in chaos and crisis management.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Sad to hear that Pheonix the number of times i've attended Addenbrookes and Papworth in Cambridge i seem to be trerated like royalty! no complaints at all!..