Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sex Work Through The Lens Of The Metro Newspaper  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Jonestown

Following on from the current thread on pleasuring your sex worker, there is a link to all of the articles published by The Metro on sex work, six or so pages of them:-

External Link/Members Only

Of particular interest to the forum might be this one on sex worker reviews, i.e. us.

The theme is consistent, as you’d expect, SP are hard working, straight dealing, women trying to get on in life; and punters are, well just punters, Neanderthals & Arseholes.

Offline Stevelondon

Well two out of three works for me  :lol:

Online JontyR

Jeez, how tedious and badly written was that article?

Offline unclepokey

I was interested to see one girl promoting the idea that SPs should have an eye on the tax man and I agree with that. I have a feeling though that she might have forgotten about VAT. She asserted that she was getting a weekly income before expenses of around £4k. So even if she worked  only for half the year she would still reach way over the VAT registration figure of £85k.
In my area (Hertfordshire) punt prices are escalating dramatically so I am concerned that HMRC might have a field day and put some SPs out of business notwithstanding that higher prices ought to lessen demand - (it doesn't always do so, it's the itch factor).

Offline Doc Holliday

I was interested to see one girl promoting the idea that SPs should have an eye on the tax man and I agree with that. I have a feeling though that she might have forgotten about VAT. She asserted that she was getting a weekly income before expenses of around £4k. So even if she worked  only for half the year she would still reach way over the VAT registration figure of £85k.
In my area (Hertfordshire) punt prices are escalating dramatically so I am concerned that HMRC might have a field day and put some SPs out of business notwithstanding that higher prices ought to lessen demand - (it doesn't always do so, it's the itch factor).

Indeed and of course the £85k figure is gross receipts with no allowable deductions. Not only that, but it is always a rolling figure each month for the previous twelve months and not based on the figure for your annual accounts.

Offline unclepokey

The Doc is dead right. I didn't mention the point he rightly identified as the only roll-over SPs I've encountered understand just that it is all to do with their sticking their arses in the air for a bit of anal pleasure.

Offline jamiekinkxxx

Can you imagine the whole VAT aspect  :D they would need to provide you with an invoice  :lol:

Woesr still the guys that are moaning about recent price increases would be spitting bullets at anbother 20% hike in the price of an encounter  :D :D

Offline PilotMan

Can you imagine the whole VAT aspect  :D they would need to provide you with an invoice  :lol:

Woesr still the guys that are moaning about recent price increases would be spitting bullets at anbother 20% hike in the price of an encounter  :D :D

Oh my lord, can you imagine.

I do wonder how many SP's are declaring their full income. I'd forgotten that little fact about registering for VAT and the rolling turnover threshold.

That equates to £1,500 per week and they need to register for VAT. £300 per day x 5 day week. Easily done.

I don't think there's any way that my accountant wouldn't raise his eyebrows if I were to try to slip an invoice in from an SP  :D

Offline Bonker

Vaginal Access Tax?
Didn't know that was an extra.

Offline Pillowtalk

I know you can be liable to charge VAT if you're registered as a limited company and have a turnover of over £85k, but surely not if you simply register as self employed? I was under the impression you simple paid income tax at the appropriate rate.

Offline PilotMan

I know you can be liable to charge VAT if you're registered as a limited company and have a turnover of over £85k, but surely not if you simply register as self employed? I was under the impression you simple paid income tax at the appropriate rate.

Nope, if you are self employed, you're a business, so you have to register yourself as a sole trader with the tax man. If your turnover is above the threshold you will also have to register AND charge VAT.

Offline Doc Holliday

Nope, if you are self employed, you're a business, so you have to register yourself as a sole trader with the tax man. If your turnover is above the threshold you will also have to register AND charge VAT.

Yep.     External Link/Members Only

Offline RedKettle

Can depend on what the business is.  If your services/goods are exempt from VAT then you do not.  If zero rated you will want to register to reclaim VAT but will not charge VAT.  If exempt and taxable supplies get an accountant!!!

Offline PilotMan

Can depend on what the business is.  If your services/goods are exempt from VAT then you do not.  If zero rated you will want to register to reclaim VAT but will not charge VAT.  If exempt and taxable supplies get an accountant!!!

Yep, although there aren't many non VATable and zero rated business products / services, insurance and food are some.

There also some unique situations where the provision of a product or service is exempt from VAT,  e.g. when building a new house, you can claim back the VAT or a contractor won't charge you VAT.

Offline Doc Holliday

Yep, although there aren't many non VATable and zero rated business products / services, insurance and food are some.

There also some unique situations where the provision of a product or service is exempt from VAT,  e.g. when building a new house, you can claim back the VAT or a contractor won't charge you VAT.

Healthcare generally is another exemption, but it can be complex.