Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Hushed (iphone, android app) as Punting Phone  (Read 1911 times)

Offline KanPunt

Further to the latest thread on punting phones etc.

I have searched around and found hushed (hushed.com) - wondered if anyone can recommend it. It looks like it provides a second number on your smart phone so there's no need to hide a second phone (I find this inconvenient for many reasons). Seems like it adds a software phone app that can act like a normal phone - except calls done over your data connection.

Offline Daffodil

I have no experience of it, but remember posting about an app that was going to be in the US (and then hopefully brought out here) that would generate a mobile number for you for a few days and then it would cease to exist. Sounded like a perfect app for punting, but also all sorts of other behaviour that meant it probably wouldn't see the light of day over here.

pleasure

Sounds great in theory, but I wouldn't trust any solution that didn't physically separate my punting activities from my everyday life. Just get a cheap punting phone, find a decent hiding place for it (car? work?), and make sure it's pin-coded and/or SIM removed when not in use.

Offline Daffodil

Sounds great in theory, but I wouldn't trust any solution that didn't physically separate my punting activities from my everyday life. Just get a cheap punting phone, find a decent hiding place for it (car? work?), and make sure it's pin-coded and/or SIM removed when not in use.

I think this sort of opinion is through fear/lack of understanding of technology.

Not criticising, and I am occasionally guilty of it, but a hidden physical punting phone has very little real difference to a hidden punting app. If you understand how to do it well that is.

Offline shagbambi

A smart phone has the ability to track you. Why punt with that risk by using one device?

pleasure

I think this sort of opinion is through fear/lack of understanding of technology.

Not criticising, and I am occasionally guilty of it, but a hidden physical punting phone has very little real difference to a hidden punting app. If you understand how to do it well that is.

Not criticising either, but that's simply not true. Apps go wrong, have bugs and security issues, get hacked. For an app like this to even work in the first place you have to assign it an awful lot of security permissions. There's no lack of understanding here.

I'm not comfortable having anything on my everyday phone that's related in any way to my punting activities. If you are, that's fine. It'll probably work okay, and you can call me paranoid while you happily use it for years on end. Personally I'll stick to keeping the two physically separate, and never having to worry that my phone might randomly do something disastrous when I least expect it.

Offline Daffodil

A smart phone has the ability to track you. Why punt with that risk by using one device?

Only if you don't know how to turn that feature off.

pleasure

That's certainly true. Also don't trust the technology blindly because you don't understand it either.  :D

Offline smiths

Further to the latest thread on punting phones etc.

I have searched around and found hushed (hushed.com) - wondered if anyone can recommend it. It looks like it provides a second number on your smart phone so there's no need to hide a second phone (I find this inconvenient for many reasons). Seems like it adds a software phone app that can act like a normal phone - except calls done over your data connection.

I know nothing about Hushed but punters dont need a sceond phone, all they need is a second Sim card dedicated to punting.

pleasure

I know nothing about Hushed but punters dont need a sceond phone, all they need is a second Sim card dedicated to punting.

Also an option, if you're very careful what you do with stored numbers, texts, call logs and so on. And extra-careful not to accidentally hand the phone over to the mrs to make a call when you've got the wrong SIM card in. :)

Offline smiths

Also an option, if you're very careful what you do with stored numbers, texts, call logs and so on. And extra-careful not to accidentally hand the phone over to the mrs to make a call when you've got the wrong SIM card in. :)

Absolutely. :thumbsup: I have always taken not getting caught out as a top priority and crucially never get complacent.

Offline KanPunt

2nd sim not really an option as its a royal pain in the arse to change sims. I had a second phone but find it a hassle and on days I punt, carrying a second phone and keeping it discrete again is a lot of hassle.

For me - the Hushed app seems good and satisfies what I need - just wanted to see if others have any experience of it. I like to know if there is an on/off so I can shut it off and not have incoming calls ring etc just like a second phone.

Offline Robster199

Interesting thread on pros and cons. I have had a contract phone for years so not up to date on payg. From memory though u can top up buying codes in shops for cash

That leaves no audit trail. How do you pay for this servuce though? If not cash then there will be a trail.

It's a good idea but not designed to make you anonymous just have diff numbers for diff purposes. It describes uses by estate agents and doctors or the site!

potato

A cheap punting phone is a wiser move on the whole.  Never take anything of value to a punt in case you leave it, lose it or worse still get it robbed whilst you are there...