Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting phone compromised  (Read 1658 times)

Offline nigel4498

I have a punting phone and use it exclusively for calling WG's, nothing else.
During the past week I have been receiving texts at the same time everyday from 69 533.
The contents vary but are along the lines, "hi I'm Mandy, let me suck your cock" followed by a highlighted number to reply and text stop to, and then another number.
I know better than to reply or press stop and I just delete them.

It's obvious to me that a WG has past my number on to some sexline.

Do WG's sell our information on and has anyone else had this problem?

Definitely a good reason to have a punting phone as if it was my main mobile it could be embarrassing.

Offline threechilliman

I think there was a thread about something similar a week or two ago. Can't recall the title. Something to do with having your number on AW I think. One or two suffered something similar.

tcm

Offline nigel4498

Never entered my mind that it could be AW but now you have mentioned it that is the only other place that has that number.

JV547845

I got a few weird calls from a Brazilian international code that hung up after two rings but no texts as of yet.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Never entered my mind that it could be AW but now you have mentioned it that is the only other place that has that number.

I doubt that Adultwork are to blame, they have my mobile number and I have never received unwanted texts.    :hi:

Offline nigel4498

You are definitely correct there jrc.
Just checked my profile details and it is an older sim number they have so not them. 

Offline smiths

Could be A/W or the WG who knows, trust  no one and always use a punting phone or sim and this re-enforces that so thanks for posting it up, it just might help punters.

I have received texts offering me business over the years, i even had an idiot party organiser text me a number of times mistaking me for his partner, i rang him to put him straight, he was as thick as two short planks. Anyone that cold contacts me without my prior permission wont get my business.

broksonic

I think it is more likely to be AW than a WG .   AW would get money for selling our mobile numbers to these sex lines

Offline Jimmyredcab

I think it is more likely to be AW than a WG .   

Then we would get many reports of this happening, they have had my number for many years and I have not received one unwanted text ------------------- some people would blame Adultwork if it rained.    :dash:

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
It may not necessarily be AW directly. A scammer may have put an advert on AW, and you may have called her thinking she is a genuine WG, when in fact it was a scam to simply collect numbers for spamming them with such texts.

GeeWiz

Don't ignore.  I was getting them at £1.25 a pop even though never opened or replied to.  Rang mobile company and my number is subscribed to 3 adult services.  I have never put this number on any form other than AW adding it to profile after using to confirm booking.

I actually don't think it AW or a SP, but someone scanning members participating in 'client connections'.

So best reply STOP as soon as received.  Google their number too as that will reveal that you are not the first
victim.  Incidentally,  my number now has a premium text bar service, so best ask your phone provider for one if they do it as well.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:49:52 pm by GeeWiz »

Offline wristjob

Don't ignore them.  I was getting them at £1.25 a pop even though never opened or replied to.  Rang mobile company and my number is subscribed to 3 adult services.  I have never put this number on any form other than AW adding it to profile after using to confirm booking.

All the more reason for a PAYG punting phone.

OP - go buy a new sim, problem solved.

GeeWiz

Update.  Rang the one company - based in Ireland - who stated I wasn't on their system, despite Vodafone confirming I was.  All monies refunded, they are used to dealing with these cwnts.

Curious6705

I thought the point of a punting phone was that it doesn't matter if it's compromised. Actually, as far as I'm concerned mine is compromised by definition - because I use it for punting. Mine is only turned on between the time I book a punt and when it takes place, so only quite a small time window for someone to try to send a text or call it.

Can you really be charged for unsolicited texts or calls?  :scare:

See GW says he's been refunded, so it seems not.

Offline smiths

I thought the point of a punting phone was that it doesn't matter if it's compromised. Actually, as far as I'm concerned mine is compromised by definition - because I use it for punting. Mine is only turned on between the time I book a punt and when it takes place, so only quite a small time window for someone to try to send a text or call it.

Same with me, its only on when i am arranging a punt. Never been charged for calls or texts received.

However i dont put my punting phone number anywhere on the net, A/W or otherwise, obviously a low life WG could do that though. IF A/W can make money out of selling punters numbers i wouldnt be the slightest surprised if they did so, we are talking proven low lifes with no interest in helping punters. ;)

Curious6705

However i dont put my punting phone number anywhere on the net, A/W or otherwise, obviously a low life WG could do that though. IF A/W can make money out of selling punters numbers i wouldnt be the slightest surprised if they did so, we are talking proven low lifes with no interest in helping punters. ;)

Ah yes - I guess if that happened it would be time for me to buy a new sim.  :hi:

Rochdull lad

Could be A/W or the WG who knows, trust  no one and always use a punting phone or sim and this re-enforces that so thanks for posting it up, it just might help punters.

I have received texts offering me business over the years, i even had an idiot party organiser text me a number of times mistaking me for his partner, i rang him to put him straight, he was as thick as two short planks. Anyone that cold contacts me without my prior permission wont get my business.

Spot on.  I have the same attitude; I tell anyone who cold-calls me to offer any service whatsoever [punting-related or otherwise] that they need me more than I need them.

The one time I didn't do that was when a WG who hadn't replied to me when I'd rung her, called me back some weeks later to see if I was still interested.

The subsequent punt was certainly last year's worst and probably in my top ten worst-ever. :(

GeeWiz

£7.50 on last bill, but it's taken up to an hour ringing customer services to get it resolved.

Offline Steve2

some people would blame Adultwork if it rained.    :dash:

Fucking spivs

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline Steve2

All the more reason for a PAYG punting phone.

OP - go buy a new sim, problem solved.

Happened to me on a PAYG and they zapped all of my £6 credit