Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Blocking calls/texts - easy to do?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline claretandblue

I have an opportunity to punt later today but don't have my punting phone.

Just wondered if anyone had ever used their normal phone then post punt just called their phone operator to block any calls or texts from that number.

I would have assumed this would have been straightforward but from the EE site it would seem perhaps not  :dash: ,anyone tried it?

Offline Steve2

Just wondered if anyone had ever used their normal phone then post punt just called their phone operator to block any calls or texts from that number.

I would have assumed this would have been straightforward but from the EE site it would seem perhaps not  :dash: ,anyone tried it?

On an Iphone you can block any number that has called you yourself

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider

Which phone do you have? Are you sure that feature isn't on your phone anyway? Lots of smartphones can do it.

Type_O_Negative

I don't have punting phone and i use my proper phone only. All mobile systems (Android, iOS and Windows 10 Moblie) offer settings you need to block incoming text messages or calls  :hi:

Offline Richthescouser

Bear in mind that the SP will still have your phone number - FB is the first thought for looking you up based on mobile number for example. Are you worried about untimely messages from the girl, or her being able to track you down and cause trouble?

A lot depends on your own level of paranoia, but if it worries you so much why not get a throw away sim?

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
I don't have punting phone and i use my proper phone only. All mobile systems (Android, iOS and Windows 10 Moblie) offer settings you need to block incoming text messages or calls  :hi:

Most smartphones have this setting but not all. My work phone is a smartphone and I can't block calls or texts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:57:57 pm by Rochelle »

Offline Steely Dan

consider googling your own number and making sure it leads to nothing.  try it with the word facebook and/ or linkedin as well as the number.

Type_O_Negative

Most smartphones have this setting but not all. My work phone is a smartphone and I can't block calls or texts.

If it's an Android/iOS/Windows 10 Mobile smartphone - you can block calls and texts. Just google it  :kissgirl:

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
If it's an Android/iOS/Windows 10 Mobile smartphone - you can block calls and texts. Just google it  :kissgirl:

I will google it. I've been trying to figure out how to do it for ages. I figured it out easily on my personal phone but haven't been able to do it on my work phone. By the way, my work phone is quite a few years old. It's a Sony Xperia Z. I'm still not so sure it can be done but we'll see.
 :)

Type_O_Negative

I will google it. I've been trying to figure out how to do it for ages. I figured it out easily on my personal phone but haven't been able to do it on my work phone. By the way, my work phone is quite a few years old. It's a Sony Xperia Z. I'm still not so sure it can be done but we'll see.
 :)

External Link/Members Only

:hi:

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
External Link/Members Only

Thank you sir. I must admit, as much as I use my phone and the internet, I've never thought about googling it. I just assumed if I couldn't figure it out it wasn't possible, as usually I can figure out everything I need when it comes to using my phone. Cheers for that. I would not be me, however, if I did not point out a little part of the article that states some Sony Xperia Z smartphones do not have the functionality to block sms.
 :kiss:

Type_O_Negative

Thank you sir. I must admit, as much as I use my phone and the internet, I've never thought about googling it. I just assumed if I couldn't figure it out it wasn't possible, as usually I can figure out everything I need when it comes to using my phone. Cheers for that. I would not be me, however, if I did not point out a little part of the article that states some Sony Xperia Z smartphones do not have the functionality to block sms.
 :kiss:

You are welcome. The problem is Sony Xperia Z is almost 4 years old device now and it's Android 4.1/4.2 shows age and lack of some features. The latest Android 6/7 and factory installed apps (like Google Messenger) offer proper text and call blocking.

Offline pewpewpew

Have to reiterate richthescouser above. If she has your number it's not just calls and texts that you need to worry about. It's 2016 and everything is connected to everything so keep this in mind

cain

Probably too late now but for £6 you could get a new payg number, Vodafone sim £1 from supermarket? was last time I got one and £5 top up.

southampton.guy

even if you block her number, remember she still has YOUR number. All she has to do is call/text from another phone/sim to beat your "block" - as well as all the issues of perhaps being able to track your real identity.

My simple rule is: NEVER use my personal phone for punts (not even for my regular girls that i have known now for several years and trust)

Type_O_Negative

even if you block her number, remember she still has YOUR number. All she has to do is call/text from another phone/sim to beat your "block" - as well as all the issues of perhaps being able to track your real identity.

My simple rule is: NEVER use my personal phone for punts (not even for my regular girls that i have known now for several years and trust)

I have never had a punting phone and i'm careless about the fact all these girls i visit have my phone number. It looks like i visit professionals because i have never had any unexpected calls or texts from them. Too much paranoia here  :rolleyes:

cain

I have never had a punting phone and i'm careless about the fact all these girls i visit have my phone number. It looks like i visit professionals because i have never had any unexpected calls or texts from them. Too much paranoia here  :rolleyes:

Look at the prossie black list it only takes one to make life uncomfortable, I wouldn't call it paranoia, it's just being sensible.

Offline claretandblue

Thanks chaps,it's a Samsung galaxy smartphone, not sure if it has that function on it to be honest but was surprised to read on the EE website that they can't block numbers.

Academic now as I didn't punt and next week it's back to work and my punting phone  :D