Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Locations on reviews  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Frenchie

I can't be bothered to check back on my own reviews ( I might be guilty myself ) - but can I make a plea to people to give a rough
indication where the punt took place in the title of a review. E.g.  ' Hayley X X - Fratton'

I, like a lot of people I suspect , only read reviews of girls that are in the area that they punt in.

As 'South East ' covers a huge area ,- it would be handy if  I could filter out the reviews that are geographically miles away .

Or am I being a perdantic prick ??/ :)

Offline cueball

I put the town in the heading and a link to the profile, it's up to the reader then to do more investigating with a proper enquiry with said lass.

Subbyboy2

Agree, very useful to know where the punt took place.

johnnyboy61

Agree 100% - I'm in NW London and look at the East England forum for Herts (which is usually pretty good at this), and more likely the London board (which is much more variable).  I am never going to go across town to somewhere like Croydon to punt (Milton Keynes is much quicker to get to), or very rarely to Central London.  Often the location isn't even mentioned in the review; you have to go the AW link to find that out.  Easy to put the location in the review title and perhaps a little more detail in the review (preferably near the top).

Offline ArtVandalay

Totally agree and had been tempted to raise the issue myself especially, as you point out, regarding the south east.
Age and hair colour wouldn't go amiss either but that's probably going too far

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:38:28 pm by ArtVandalay »

Offline Punting Valley

I put city names next to the girl's name, and a general post code area for london girls

Offline Banquo

It's a good point and it's been raised before - certainly in Scotland. Improvements to the forum have made a massive difference - especially the seemingly automatic links to previous reviews that appear below a post or review which includes an AW link.

I believe that reviewers should title their reviews to include the general locality of the punt, within the region in which they are leaving the reviews, e.g "Sexy Sadie - Glasgow". (Scotland is a very big place, as is London in different ways)

I just wonder if one more forum tweak could nail down this issue - perhaps it is possible for a drop down box to appear when leaving a review, to select a postcode, or nearest town/city? If that would incur expense, then maybe reviewers should just stop being lazy and put some location detail in the title!

Offline monstar

Adding the town, city, postcode, nearest underground station (for London) etc is useful and I've started to include it in my review titles.

One sticking point is girls who tour or work out of hotels in different locations.  :unknown:

Offline RedKettle

Agree 100% - especially in  a region like Yorkshire where Leeds tends to dominate and if you are only interested in say Sheffield you can waste alot of time.

Although if you punt in Sheffield you are used to wasting time and money.  :dash: :dash:

Offline smiths

I can't be bothered to check back on my own reviews ( I might be guilty myself ) - but can I make a plea to people to give a rough
indication where the punt took place in the title of a review. E.g.  ' Hayley X X - Fratton'

I, like a lot of people I suspect , only read reviews of girls that are in the area that they punt in.

As 'South East ' covers a huge area ,- it would be handy if  I could filter out the reviews that are geographically miles away .

No that's good advice in my view. Fortunately its much better on here than another punting forum where in many reviews it just says London and links to A/W WGs aren't allowed so such reviews are a TOTAL waste of time as I see it.

Offline IAMBATMAN

most reviews have a location in the first few lines your just being lazy lol

Offline RedKettle

Offline RedKettle

sorry guess i forgot :lol:

Sorry - I could not resist!!  However main point is that people doing the reviews is the most important thing, which you do.  Things like the location in the title is just fine tuning. :hi:

Offline IAMBATMAN

Sorry - I could not resist!!  However main point is that people doing the reviews is the most important thing, which you do.  Things like the location in the title is just fine tuning. :hi:

its ok i dont mind things being pointed out that will improve a review and if it will help the other punters i will try to remember to include locations in at least the first few lines from now on
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:12:40 am by IAMBATMAN »

Offline RedKettle

Before anyone takes the piss I have just looked back at my reviews and although recently I have put the location in the headings once you go back further there are reviews where I make no mention of location at all, anywhere in the review.

The post a few above was putting a brick through my glasshouse!!

Offline Boundless

Great idea, I'm probably as guilty as anyone but will do it in future.

By the way, it's spelt pedantic, but I'm not!  :rolleyes:

Offline RedKettle

Offline flybynightpm

It would be really nice if the Review screen had a location field to force a value in... then a map screen somewhere to view the positives nearby... that would be really cool.... I know girls move around so make a location of tour? just a thought...

At least put the location in the title.. for instance...in the South East section I have to open then all up, scan for a location to find out its 60 miles away, not sustainable as the number of reviews goes up..

OldAdmin

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=44637.0

I posted just before Christmas (link above) that I was planning to add location search facility for reviews - search by your location and distance in miles.
But the amount of moderation this site needs means I still haven't got around to it yet.

broksonic

I hope your Location search will be better than the AW one.   All AW give you is the first part of a postcode which is of no use if you want to check out the street using street view

Offline Indigo

I hope your Location search will be better than the AW one.   All AW give you is the first part of a postcode which is of no use if you want to check out the street using street view
I think they use the first bit of the postcode for security reasons maybe?  A full postcode can really narrow down an address. In rural areas/villages it can cover just a few houses. Some streets have one post code for odd numbered houses and a slightly different one for even numbers. It frustrates me as well - as a very occasional punter I always feel nervous re location and ask "nearest pub" which usually gives you an idea of the area.

I'm no expert and don't work for the post office BTW - read up on it when i used to do a lot of direct mail (before the internet and social media was invented!!)

broksonic

I think they use the first bit of the postcode for security reasons maybe?  A full postcode can really narrow down an address. In rural areas/villages it can cover just a few houses. Some streets have one post code for odd numbered houses and a slightly different one for even numbers. It frustrates me as well - as a very occasional punter I always feel nervous re location and ask "nearest pub" which usually gives you an idea of the area.

I'm no expert and don't work for the post office BTW - read up on it when i used to do a lot of direct mail (before the internet and social media was invented!!)

I didn't think of that because in my street several houses have the same postcode.   I get worried about going to an area i don't know well,  and do prefer to know exactly what the area is like .    I do try and avoid WG that live on Council estates or high rise flats

Jason

I didn't think of that because in my street several houses have the same postcode.   I get worried about going to an area i don't know well,  and do prefer to know exactly what the area is like .    I do try and avoid WG that live on Council estates or high rise flats
For the safety, privacy, discretion of both WGs *and* punters the online shared intelligence about exact locations should be kept to the minimum (imho). Surely knowing the first half of the postcode and perhaps the walking distance time from something like a tube station or a big supermarket is sufficient information in deciding whether the location is convenient enough for you to go ahead and CALL a girl and let HER give you her full postcode. Yes, it is good to check the street view before you leave home or even before you book but I don't understand why would you need to check this out before even calling/texting the girl? And a girl controlling to whom she gives her address surely wouldn't want this to be online - I also doubt any punters who meet her will be willing to post it either. As for your concerns about an estate building shithole etc if the reviewer pays attention to the detail the venue will be described sufficiently enough for you to decide if it is good/safe enough to visit without the need for you to know where exactly it's located (you need to obtain this info from the WG)

And let’s say fuck privacy, security, etc, how would exactly Admin obtain the full postcodes of the WGs to introduce them in this new facility? Are you of the idea that he is going to create the profiles and complete the fields manually?  By calling say the WGs or by PMing all the UKP reviewers and asking them for the postcodes? And even if he could somehow complete such an unimaginably, time-consuming task….keeping it up to date with so many girls moving, deleting their profiles and reappearing would perhaps be an even more colossal task.

Unless I am mistaken (which I doubt that I am) Admin’s idea of these UKP mini-profiles (or likely PuntingWiki ones) is them to be created and updated automatically by fetching the location, nationality and possibly other information from the Adultwork profiles in the same way now the nicknames  are fetched. He can’t fetch something that is not available and for the location the only thing that can be fetched from Adultwork is at best the first part of the postcode and the nearest station.

True these profiles could have some additional fields (like estimated age bracket for example) to be completed by the members/reviewers as it is the case with C69. One of these controversial fields could of course be full postcodes so that you could have postcodes for reviews posted after the date this feature is introduced. But these extra manually-filled fields and especially the postcode one (if it is ever introduced on the UKP mini-profiles) would and *should* be optional to be completed as most punters (myself included) will be extremely reluctant to post such sensitive information publicly. Also given our members laziness and/or inability to contribute in PuntingWiki so far I doubt that many will bother filling up these fields anyway.

P.S: Some members who never really contribute are really good asking fancy technical things that would be absolutely useless without row info – perhaps for once they should consider supplying it first. Some things can only be achieved by a collective effort and not by waiting Admin doing miracles. :hi:

Offline cueball

For the safety, privacy, discretion of both WGs *and* punters the online shared intelligence about exact locations should be kept to the minimum (imho). Surely knowing the first half of the postcode and perhaps the walking distance time from something like a tube station or a big supermarket is sufficient information in deciding whether the location is convenient enough for you to go ahead and CALL a girl and let HER give you her full postcode. Yes, it is good to check the street view before you leave home or even before you book but I don't understand why would you need to check this out before even calling/texting the girl? And a girl controlling to whom she gives her address surely wouldn't want this to be online - I also doubt any punters who meet her will be willing to post it either. As for your concerns about an estate building shithole etc if the reviewer pays attention to the detail the venue will be described sufficiently enough for you to decide if it is good/safe enough to visit without the need for you to know where exactly it's located (you need to obtain this info from the WG)

I agree with Jason here, you (the review reader) do not need the exact address, all you need is the town or city and a link to said lasses profile.

If interested then you make contact as required and follow the channels I had to take to meet said lass.

You'll get no more than "dirty doris in preston" and a link from my reviews. I'll give a warts and all review of the punt and its up to the reader then to decide if they want a go.

I've been pm'd by total strangers on here asking me for undisclosed phone numbers on girls I've reviewed too, that's not happening neither.

There a limit to the acceptable amount of info that goes in a review imho.

broksonic

Not all WG will give you their exact address when you phone them .    I need to know the exact address so as I can plan my journey by public Transport and Taxi.