Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Curb crawling/red light areas  (Read 4972 times)

Offline thekidah01

Has anyone ever been arrested for curb crawling or cruising a red light district?
Did you get away with it or was your oh informed?
What was the outcome?
I'm lucky that there's no red light district in Newcastle because I know curiosity would have gotten the better of me I'd I'd probably be before the courts and on the front of the chronicle.  :wacko:

Offline Brazilian Martian

Has anyone ever been arrested for curb crawling or cruising a red light district?
Did you get away with it or was your oh informed?
What was the outcome?
I'm lucky that there's no red light district in Newcastle because I know curiosity would have gotten the better of me I'd I'd probably be before the courts and on the front of the chronicle.  :wacko:

Simple logic is it worth all that hassle for 15 min romp in the backseat  :rolleyes:

Offline thekidah01

Simple logic is it worth all that hassle for 15 min romp in the backseat  :rolleyes:

Definitely not. Simply not worth it.
I'm just curious about other people's stories really.

Offline Thecunninglinguist

The most likely thing that will happen in the first instance you are seen in an area where street prostitution takes place, driving slowly or up and down the road is that you will receive a letter from the police, offering "advice". The letter will arrive in an envelope clearly from the police, with logos etc and very official looking. It will list dates, times, vehicle numbers etc. It has only one real purpose and that is to put the shits up you in case your OH sees the letter or is curious as to why the Chief Constable is writing to you.
Should you be daft enough not to take heed of this letter, then you are in the system. If you are seen again, you will be stopped and you may be reported. Should you have a WG in the car at the time or be seen stationary chatting to one then you WILL be reported and may go court depending on local CPS guidelines. Unless you are particularly stupid and start being awkward or obstructive when stopped, you will not be arrested. The local rag........if you are caught up in an operation to clean up the streets following residents complaints, then there are likely to be quite a few on the same day and the local press may well be forewarned so that justice can be seen to be done........
Hope it helps  :D

Sureshot

Got caught with my pants down (literally!) many years back.  Slap on the wrists and a visit to my home a few days later.  Luckily i lived on my own at the time.

Online Dipper

Go on foot. Lessen the risk.

Offline thekidah01

The most likely thing that will happen in the first instance you are seen in an area where street prostitution takes place, driving slowly or up and down the road is that you will receive a letter from the police, offering "advice". The letter will arrive in an envelope clearly from the police, with logos etc and very official looking. It will list dates, times, vehicle numbers etc. It has only one real purpose and that is to put the shits up you in case your OH sees the letter or is curious as to why the Chief Constable is writing to you.
Should you be daft enough not to take heed of this letter, then you are in the system. If you are seen again, you will be stopped and you may be reported. Should you have a WG in the car at the time or be seen stationary chatting to one then you WILL be reported and may go court depending on local CPS guidelines. Unless you are particularly stupid and start being awkward or obstructive when stopped, you will not be arrested. The local rag........if you are caught up in an operation to clean up the streets following residents complaints, then there are likely to be quite a few on the same day and the local press may well be forewarned so that justice can be seen to be done........
Hope it helps  :D

Well before I was a punter I was in hull on a stag do, a street walker offered owo at a bus stop fora £10.
I declined.   
The street walker scene is not for me. Hard drugs and pimped girl is just not right

Offline snaitram99

I'm lucky that there's no red light district in Newcastle

While I've never had the pleasure of visiting that great city, I would be surprised if it has no RLD.

Offline maxxblue

While I've never had the pleasure of visiting that great city, I would be surprised if it has no RLD.

Why would you be surprised?  :unknown:

As far as I know, thekidah01 is right.  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

As far as I know, thekidah01 is right.  :hi:

Have to agree Max, no street walkers or the like, no 'walk ups' just a few massage places where you might get a HE and the nearest we have to a brothel is 2 girls sharing a flat.     :hi:

Fantastic choice of agencies and indi's though.

Offline smiths

A good mate of mine used to live in a RLD, on occasion I had street WGs come up to me asking if I wanted business, they looked like something out of a horror film, I wouldn't if they had paid me.

Online scutty brown

A good mate of mine used to live in a RLD, on occasion I had street WGs come up to me asking if I wanted business, they looked like something out of a horror film, I wouldn't if they had paid me.

You should have a look round the RLD in Plymouth......the girls are there to service the navy, with some of them you'd be hard pushed to tell the girls from the matelots. Fuggly is an understatement

Offline snaitram99

Because Newcastle is a big city and smaller ones such as Cardiff certainly have one.

Also a quick Google brings up local newspaper reports mentioning Maitland Road (which I assume is a street in Newcastle) in this context. (This was from 2014 so maybe cleaned up since then)

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Because Newcastle is a big city and smaller ones such as Cardiff certainly have one.

Also a quick Google brings up local newspaper reports mentioning Maitland Road (which I assume is a street in Newcastle) in this context. (This was from 2014 so maybe cleaned up since then)

Can you post a link to the article please, the only Maitland Road in Newcastle is the one in New South Wales Australia, there isn't one in Newcastle upon Tyne.       :unknown:

Edit
From a local paper article in 2013

And while there are still no visible red light districts, there is a reported increase in street prostitution in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:47:25 am by daviemac »

Offline wilburs horse

In the nw it is rife. Bolton has one, Manchester one in the city centre, one in cheetham hill, Oldham, Rochdale. Not for me though. These girls are usually the lowest of the lows who can't get jobs in parlours. Going to be a pimp round the corner too. Incredibly dangerous hobby if you are into it. The chance of getting ripped off, attacked/robbed by a pimp, catching a nasty sti, getting arrested, court, work finding out, fine, name in paper. Stick with parlours, never had a problem.
Banned reason: Bypassing rules to name another forum.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Corus Boy

In Cardiff they have the occassional active purge or as is the way, more often they just have a van roving around the area.

I used to have to drive through the Ocean Way/Magic Roundabout area on my way home late at night.  A few times I was pulled over at a police checkpoint, most solo males would get pulled over.  Name address and purpose of the visit to the area were asked, along with a good sniff of your breath.

So having given my place of employment, my home address and getting home as an excuse I would be sent on my way, with no explanation.

As to the girls, some were good lookers and very inviting but knowing their likely backgrounds I was never really tempted.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Got a "verbal caution" once, tried to pick up a plain clothes policewoman.    :scare: :scare: :scare:

That was over 20 years ago when street punting was the norm.   

Got a "verbal caution" once, tried to pick up a plain clothes policewoman.    :scare: :scare: :scare:

What area did this take place in ?

Offline Jimmyredcab

What area did this take place in ?

Forget the exact road but it was near to Paddington station.   

Offline Scotpunter

I think Sunderland has a red light district or used to. I used to deliver down to the docks and heard talk of it while waiting to drop.
Banned reason: Cunt
Banned by: daviemac

Offline jeanphillipe

Shit I may or may not have hypothetically picked up a Romanian on soho road a a week ago. By the Turkish shop, does this mean I get a letter?  Didn't see any cops..not that it matters but I'd rather not be in the 'system'

Offline Jonestown

Shit I may or may not have hypothetically picked up a Romanian on soho road a a week ago. By the Turkish shop, does this mean I get a letter?  Didn't see any cops..not that it matters but I'd rather not be in the 'system'

Soho is not a recognised Kurb Krawling area, you should be ok.

Offline jeanphillipe

Soho road in brum not London though. U talking of the same one?

Offline munterhunter

Some areas I know have "tolerance zones" for street prostitutes.  They set one up on Bradford some time ago mobing the women from residential streets to an industrial estate during the hours when the businesses are closed.  A number of Police Forces stopped arresting the women and targetted the customers naming and shaming letters to your house etc. A friends brother received such a letter in Leeds about 8 yrs ago. He went to the local police station to discuss the letter.  They said his car had been reported driving slowly in a red light area at 7.30pm. They said if he was seen again he'd be taken to court.
He said "Take me to court" I work as a cleaner for the council and 3 times a week I clean a school in that area. Also if you look on the electoral register you will see I share myone bedroom flat with another male. We're gay we're a couple and have been for several years I was going to work not looking to pick up a woman"
He didn't hear any more or receive any other letters after that. Kerb crawling is illegal they use unmarked cars to patrol often 2 people in a car displaying L plates cctv cameras and reports from locals

Offline insignia

10 years ago i was a cabbie and   my wife was in the ontrol office and she sent me to another town to pick a girl up to bring her back. so i get ther and the girl comes out (hooker) but after 5 mins in the car she changed her mind and decieded to stay so i turned round to drop her back get to her house and suddenly im surrounded by 3 coppers who acuse me of picking up Tom they didnt find it funny when i asked who Tom was she has now been allowed to leave but in fairness she did try to explain and defend me. now ive managed to dial the office number and wifey is listening to everything and its being recorded. now these 3 pricks are offering me 2 options. 1 i can accept what they tell me and i will be on my way in 10 mins. or 2 i can choose to be arrested but i have to think of the embarrasment as it will go to court and will be in the papers. now wifey is goinf fucking berserk down the phone and the pricks wont speak to her or the boss. so i have to make a chioce so just accept what they say and get the fuck out of there.
Anyway 5 days later i get a phone call telling me to go to the police station to recieve a caution i tell them to fuck off ( bad move) as 3 hours later im being nicked at my home in front of the kids and get taken to the cells. so i shut up until my mate gets there he is a solicitor also bossman has turned up and a not happy wife the kids are hysterical.
anyway they want to caution me which i refuse to accept so they charge me and i go to court. 3 appearancies later and i get found Not Guilty.
Now wifey who all along knew the truth as did bossman but my local scum of a council took my taxi licence off me and the papers ran the story and NAMED me
Yes i got licence back and i sued police and won but i was too scared to be honest to go back to work
i was just another number for their nights work they dont fucking care what they do and who they do it too

10 years ago i was a cabbie and   my wife was in the ontrol office and she sent me to another town to pick a girl up to bring her back. so i get ther and the girl comes out (hooker) but after 5 mins in the car she changed her mind and decieded to stay so i turned round to drop her back get to her house and suddenly im surrounded by 3 coppers who acuse me of picking up Tom they didnt find it funny when i asked who Tom was she has now been allowed to leave but in fairness she did try to explain and defend me. now ive managed to dial the office number and wifey is listening to everything and its being recorded. now these 3 pricks are offering me 2 options. 1 i can accept what they tell me and i will be on my way in 10 mins. or 2 i can choose to be arrested but i have to think of the embarrasment as it will go to court and will be in the papers. now wifey is goinf fucking berserk down the phone and the pricks wont speak to her or the boss. so i have to make a chioce so just accept what they say and get the fuck out of there.
Anyway 5 days later i get a phone call telling me to go to the police station to recieve a caution i tell them to fuck off ( bad move) as 3 hours later im being nicked at my home in front of the kids and get taken to the cells. so i shut up until my mate gets there he is a solicitor also bossman has turned up and a not happy wife the kids are hysterical.
anyway they want to caution me which i refuse to accept so they charge me and i go to court. 3 appearancies later and i get found Not Guilty.
Now wifey who all along knew the truth as did bossman but my local scum of a council took my taxi licence off me and the papers ran the story and NAMED me
Yes i got licence back and i sued police and won but i was too scared to be honest to go back to work
i was just another number for their nights work they dont fucking care what they do and who they do it too
  This story alone should put those that are tempted to visit street girls off completely  :music:

Offline Delfrommem

It's put me off driving a cab.  :P

Online Dipper

meanwhile muggers, burglars and so on have free reign.  :hi:

mrhappypants

Many years ago I lived in the heart of what was then the red light district in Leicester (Highfields).  Street prostitution was a visible routine occurrence in the area.  As well as what I saw myself on the street, I worked both with a volunteers agency and a children's' home and came into indirect contact with some of the WG's.  The point is that many of the working girls were under age and this was the reason they were working the streets. 

Are you willing to take the the risk of a copper catching you in a car with an underage girl for purpose of paid sex, and the penalties that might follow?

Offline Plan R

External Link/Members Only    :D

Online myothernameis

Got caught with my pants down (literally!) many years back.  Slap on the wrists and a visit to my home a few days later.  Luckily i lived on my own at the time.

Been caught a few times in Glasgow, walking round Anderson street, where the old bus station used to be, well I would look for police officers walking about.  So thought I was in the clear, but wasn't, picked up the wg, and went behind in the lane, but didn't go ahead, so walked away, and it was at this point I was stopped, by the police

The 2 police officers were blunt, don't take us for idiots, what were you up to, so told them, picked up the wg for business, but didn't bother, they checked with the girl, and I was told to go on my way

Offline Jonestown

Soho road in brum not London though. U talking of the same one?

No, I'm talking about soho London, if it's Birmingham I guess you may be in the shit then.

Online Dipper

Offline watchman1985

A word of caution in relation to the above story- all courts in the UK are open to the press and public, and the press are legally entitled to report everything said in court, including names and other personal details, without recourse. The only time there's restrictions on this are in the cases of rape victims and children.  So, if you find yourself in the situation where you're going to court, be prepared for all and sundry to know what you've been up to.

Yes, in the case of punting that's hardly ideal, but on the flipside would you rather murderers/rapists et al were able to get away with it without people knowing?

Just be careful and you'll be fine.

Offline Maltese

I have been kurb crawling for years. Actually it's like a hobby. I have been doing it in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol were i got nicked by the police. I was taken to the police station, had to pay £200 and go on a course.
The best red light district i know is Bristol. It's quite large. You have Fishponds road, lower Ashley road, Brunswick square and portland square ( i got nicked on Brunswick square). Shame that the police are out once a week. It's like playing the russian roulette now.
Don't worry about driving through a red light distirict. You can only get yourself into trouble if you are caught picking up a girl.

Offline Thecunninglinguist

I have been kurb crawling for years. Actually it's like a hobby. I have been doing it in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol were i got nicked by the police. I was taken to the police station, had to pay £200 and go on a course.
The best red light district i know is Bristol. It's quite large. You have Fishponds road, lower Ashley road, Brunswick square and portland square ( i got nicked on Brunswick square). Shame that the police are out once a week. It's like playing the russian roulette now.
Don't worry about driving through a red light distirict. You can only get yourself into trouble if you are caught picking up a girl.
Why not do a few reviews of the women you have seen. Might make interesting reading?

Offline ian cognito

Years ago, I worked in an office close to Brunswick Square. Used to see the girls out at lunchtime and even sometimes as early as 7.30 in the morning. Security guard used to watch them at night on cctv when they brought clients over the wall into our car park. But I thought the police had cleaned up Brunswick and Portman Squares with regular patrols and number plate recognition cameras.

Offline snaitram99

... the only Maitland Road in Newcastle is the one in New South Wales Australia, there isn't one in Newcastle upon Tyne.       :unknown:

Sorry I stand corrected. As i said, I've never been to Newcastle (either one)

Edit
From a local paper article in 2013

And while there are still no visible red light districts, there is a reported increase in street prostitution in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.

So if none in Newcastle itself, it looks like the Geordie lads (stand by for stereotypes), when the boat come in, spend their winnings from the Blaydon Races with the street hinnies in other nearby places then?  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator

So if none in Newcastle itself, it looks like the Geordie lads (stand by for stereotypes), when the boat come in, spend their winnings from the Blaydon Races with the street hinnies in other nearby places then?  :hi:

Sensible ones stick to the abundance of top indi's and agency lasses, the nearest red light area with street walkers is 45 miles down the road in Teeside, high risk of getting nicked though. That's if you're lucky, if you're unlucky some unmentionable ailment from a druggy.   :hi:

Offline itk

Mate of mine got caught many years back picking up a WG from the RLD, was followed by cops and they even let her climb aboard before interrupting him. Whilst giving a statement he asked the copper if he could get his money back as he hadn't finished.  :lol:

Offline Gas74

Years ago, I worked in an office close to Brunswick Square. Used to see the girls out at lunchtime and even sometimes as early as 7.30 in the morning. Security guard used to watch them at night on cctv when they brought clients over the wall into our car park. But I thought the police had cleaned up Brunswick and Portman Squares with regular patrols and number plate recognition cameras.

Ha Ha might well have worked at the same place or at least very close, worked just off Portland Sq 15 years ago and used to complain of the cigarette tax I used to have to pay, every time you popped out for a smoke there would be at least one girl cadging a fag off you. I pass through there quite a bit now and it's a really rare sight to see a wg (not that I'm looking to punt mind, too much danger for me, and like the comfort of a bed) whereas back in the day there would regularly be 10 at any time of day or night, don't really know if there is much of a street scene in Brizzle now, perhaps the internet and cheap mobiles have driven this away from the streets.

Offline BlueRock

Used to drive round red light districts in Walsall and Nottingham with mates for a laugh years ago. Birminghams hagley road was never much good. We used to sometimes shag em either at their place, down an alley or we used to have to go the pub whilst the car owner took his choice to a carpark. Was always stories of girls in their teens back then but we were only 16 or 17 ourselves. Never remember any girls who looked younger than us, I do remember most were sorry states but some were real darlings.  Way too risky nowadays and the base end of the profession. I suspect anyone doing it just loves the thrill.

Offline Min_g79

If you havent heard anything yet , you may be all good.

Soho Road and Hagley Road do have non marked police cars however

When you say Turkish Shop, you mean the 24 hour shop?

bigmanbigman

If police see you driving at 5mph in a known zone they will stop you or send a letter .
Didnt work out too well for my colleague in a sign  written works van !!!