Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: I think I have a coldsore (aka Herpes in mouth)  (Read 5819 times)

Offline jaydefo24

Started get a weird itch next to my nose above my mouth. It escalated quickly to a large red mark which doesn’t feel like a normal acne spot.

Would you restrict your punting if you had such a thing?

Could I have picked it up from a Thai girl I saw back in March ?

This is incredibly bad timing as punting has just opened up again in my country and I was bursting to go see my regular.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:03:25 am by jaydefo24 »

Offline AnthG

Yes, and phone up your local gum for an appointment booking.

If you don't, I suspect you regular will soon become your, ex-now blocked you-regular
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Online Moby Dick

No Kissing.
Wear a mask and you will be fine for other services  :sarcastic:

Offline winkywanky

Yes, and phone up your local gum for an appointment booking.

If you don't, I suspect you regular will soon become your, ex-now blocked you-regular

Why?  :unknown:

I think I'm right in saying 70% of adults carry the herpes virus and are liable to get a coldsore if they become rundown.

OP, if there's been no sexual contact recently which could be linked to this, then it hasn't been picked up sexually. You can get herpes virus from kissing your granny.

But no, you shouldn't see a WG or kiss anyone while you have an active cold sore. And there are anti-viral creams you can get which reduce a flare-up or reduce the length of a flare-up if you don't nip it in the bud.

Offline winkywanky

Re: your edit about seeing a Thai WG in March: I doubt it's linked to that, but a call to NHS 111 would be in order to establish what your next step should be.

Offline Home Alone

OP, if there's been no sexual contact recently which could be linked to this, then it hasn't been picked up sexually. You can get herpes virus from kissing your granny.

How do you know his granny, ww? ;) I think we should be told! :D :D :D

Offline Zeusthedoc

get yourself some aciclovir (zovirax) at the chemist
wear a mask
don't kiss anyone
don't share drinking receptacles (glass, mug, bottle etc)

should be gone in a week/10 days

Offline Hobbit

How do you know his granny, ww? ;) I think we should be told! :D :D :D

Herpes from his Granny? Seriously? Isn't that incest?  :D :lol:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:41:20 am by Hobbit »

Offline pa5151

Most of the UK population have herpes simplex. If you’re banging grannies off adultwork, like we all do, or sucking off sexy latina ladyboy monster dicks, or just plainly kissed a few girls in your life, chances are you have it. It’s so common STD clinics won’t test you for it however nicely you ask.

Offline winkywanky

Re: your granny, it doesn't even have to be with tongues  :P  ;)

Offline Hobbit

You mean foreplay?  :D :P

Offline winkywanky

Well if you finger her I wouldn't recommend having a sly little taste.

Offline Hobbit

Just when I was going to have fish for my lunch. I'll have a mango milkshake instead me thinks. :D

Offline Fuzzyduck

Started get a weird itch next to my nose above my mouth. It escalated quickly to a large red mark which doesn’t feel like a normal acne spot.

This is incredibly bad timing as punting has just opened up again in my country and I was bursting to go see my regular.

Do you not punt in the UK?  :unknown:

Lots of good advice above. Whilst it does sound like a herpes rash, see how it develops over time and responds to treatment. I had a red mark on my face once that developed into a boil. Nasty.
Might be worth getting it checked out if close to your eye. Good luck.

Offline Hobbit

Lots of good advice above. Whilst it does sound like a herpes rash, see how it develops over time and responds to treatment. I had a red mark on my face once that developed into a boil. Nasty.

I've had a cyst in my eyelid once in the past and it was not nice. It was difficult blinking and keeping my eye open. In the end, I had to get a doctor to pull the eyelid back and cut the cyst open. It was done under local anaesthetic, so it wasn't painful. Just thought I'd mention it. :D :hi:

Online mr.bluesky

As winkywanky says cold sores can flare up at any time. Usually when your feeling run down. Doesnt mean to say it has been sexually transmitted. Avoid kissing and reverse oral though until it has cleared up. :hi:

Offline Thephoenix

Also may be best to avoid licking your grandma out or rimming her for the time being, particularly if she's wearing her double gusset thermals and incontinence pants which she's had on since Easter.

I think anal sex should be OK.... But just check the coast's clear visually before proceeding.

Offline Thephoenix

I've had a cyst in my eyelid once in the past and it was not nice. It was difficult blinking and keeping my eye open. In the end, I had to get a doctor to pull the eyelid back and cut the cyst open. It was done under local anaesthetic, so it wasn't painful. Just thought I'd mention it. :D :hi:

Must have been a while ago..... Not done on NHS now. :(

Offline Hobbit

Also may be best to avoid licking your grandma out or rimming her for the time being, particularly if she's wearing her double gusset thermals and incontinence pants which she's had on since Easter.

I think anal sex should be OK.... But just check the coast's clear visually before proceeding.

Especially if she has Hemorrhoids. :scare:

Offline Fuzzyduck

Nice. Cysts are more an inconvenience and shouldn't affect punting unless they are particularly large and/or in a prominent place, e.g. on the Crown Jewels somewhere. The real problems can start if they get infected.

Offline Doc Holliday

A significant proportion of the UK population may actually have caught this from their grannies who will have kissed them when they were young children.

get yourself some aciclovir (zovirax) at the chemist
wear a mask
don't kiss anyone
don't share drinking receptacles (glass, mug, bottle etc)

should be gone in a week/10 days

Assuming it is herpes simplex (most likely it is) then this ^

There is a distinction between the virus causing oro/facial herpes (HSV1) and genital herpes (HSV2) although there is some complex crossover.

A GUM clinic will be more concerned with genital herpes although as somebody else said they won't think its a big deal.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:49:04 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline Doc Holliday

Might be worth getting it checked out if close to your eye.

Think he said between upper lip and nose which makes it probable herpes .... but you are right anything lesion your eye should be checked out.

Offline Handel2020

All I can say is don't pick it. I pulled one off last year after it got wet in the shower and I got left with a scar, or maybe it would have left a scar anyway. By coincidence the scar tissue seems to have flared up to a lump because I am feeling run down at the moment - unless it is another cold sore.

I wouldn't punt with one as I think they are more contagious at that point. I once cancelled a punt with one of the hottest baltic girls I have ever seen because of a cold sore. She left London shortly after and I never got to see her.

Offline fredfunkster

There’s a real risk that you transfer viral particles from the coldsore on your lip, to the hands / face / minge of an SP, which she then transfers to your dick.  Or you do it yourself, wipe your nose with your hand, then go for a wank and give yourself genital herpes.

As mentioned above - acyclovir cream it now. And no touchy willy or titty or pussy until it’s gone.  Wash your hands before you piss.

Offline asiansurfer

The only way of contracting a cold sore / herpes is direct membrane to membrane contact. You cant catch it from touching your cold sore on your lip and then touching your genitals. I am a doctor who happens to have had cold sores since 2001!

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The only way of contracting a cold sore / herpes is direct membrane to membrane contact. You cant catch it from touching your cold sore on your lip and then touching your genitals. I am a doctor who happens to have had cold sores since 2001!
You should go and see a doctor mate, oh wait hand on a minute . . . . . . . . . .

Offline Home Alone

Somewhat off-topic; but, fwiw, I think it's great that we have a proper community on here, where people with different types of expertise will help other 'colleagues' ;) This thread, and the computer-savvy contributions on the sad thread about Beamer's Sim, are two excellent current examples imo.

Offline Doc Holliday

The only way of contracting a cold sore / herpes is direct membrane to membrane contact.

So it's OK to drink out of the same cup?

Offline John Johnson

Why?  :unknown:

I think I'm right in saying 70% of adults carry the herpes virus and are liable to get a coldsore if they become rundown.

But no, you shouldn't see a WG or kiss anyone while you have an active cold sore. And there are anti-viral creams you can get which reduce a flare-up or reduce the length of a flare-up if you don't nip it in the bud.

Correct, my brother had cold sores regularly as a child but nobody else in the family did. In my thirties, having been married for about 8 years I had several cold sores but I was a bit run down. Zovirax worked really quickly. I have had one flare up in the last 20 years so in total about 5 cold sores.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
So it's OK to drink out of the same cup?
This is from the NHS website, no doubt opinions will differ.

Hidden Image/Members Only
It doesn't actually say a cup so who knows.   :unknown:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:11:19 pm by daviemac »

Offline winkywanky

Although that doesn't actually mention sharing a drink from the same cup davie, I should imagine logically, sharing cutlery (which it does recommend avoiding) would be a similar risk.

Hence Doc's comment.

Offline Doc Holliday

This is from the NHS website, no doubt opinions will differ.

Dr Asiansurfer's opinion would appear to differ? Hence my question.

Offline winkywanky

I only just noticed that asiansurfer purports to be a doctor.

Is what he says about touching a cold sore on your lip, and then touching your genitals, really 'safe'?

That doesn't sound right to me  :unknown:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Although that doesn't actually mention sharing a drink from the same cup davie, I should imagine logically, sharing cutlery (which it does recommend avoiding) would be a similar risk.

Hence Doc's comment.
Dr Asiansurfer's opinion would appear to differ? Hence my question.
I was being facetious and preempting the comments about if it doesn't say cups then you must be able to share. Common sense seems to be in very short supply here at times.   :hi:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:25:00 pm by daviemac »

Offline winkywanky

I was being facetious and preempting the comments about if it doesn't say cups then you must be able to share. Common sense seems to be in very short supply here at times.   :hi:

You were being facetious, I was being thick  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline LLPunting

Apart from all the sound advice above read the NHS advisory about cold sores.  Read some other reputable medical resources too e.g. External Link/Members Only.  It's variously reported that HSV1 is endemic and perhaps in the majority of the population.
Herpes (HSV 1 or 2) outbreaks usually develop into visible sores/vesicles aka blisters but you might get away with a slight itching (or no symptoms).  Viral shedding which can transmit the virus happens without the sores but the sores, especially weeping ones, are the most infectious.  If you care about not passing it on then avoid contact during the itching phase til after it heals.  The own brand chemist equivalents of Zovirax are just as good (but cheaper) as they're all formulated the same.

You could've caught it in March if she had a cold sore (or was developing one) and you kissed her anyway or she had herpes on her genitals (present or non-visible and shedding) and you went down on her.

As it's appeared on your mouth it's hopefully only HSV1 but it's worth getting the GUM to confirm (if they can).  As DH mentioned either can show up on mouth or genitals.  Once you're subject to a flare up it does mean you'll likely see more but they might not be very often.  Read the articles and look after your general health and stress levels.  Given so many are carrying it asymptomatically it's possible you may already have been infected before March but it goes to show that being infected and asymptomatic in the past does not guarantee never having a flare up.

As advised, do not scratch at the sores, apply the appropriate cream, perhaps cover with a plaster if it has blistered up.

Be wary of any itching/sores down below and definitely seek advice from GUM.

Offline zulu1964

Must have been a while ago..... Not done on NHS now. :(
Still done no NHS depending where you are, Derbyshire dont but Lincolnshire do .

Offline Doc Holliday

I only just noticed that asiansurfer purports to be a doctor.

Is what he says about touching a cold sore on your lip, and then touching your genitals, really 'safe'?

That doesn't sound right to me  :unknown:

He seems to have gone quiet?

This is a very simplistic answer to a complex question, but if you have active virus (including saliva) on your fingers you should avoid touching your own genitals, although it is highly unlikely to produce a primary genital herpes infection because you will have antibodies. If however you touch your cold sore and then immediately touch someone else's genitals, there is a different and increased risk based on their HSV history.

It is also worth pointing out that whilst virus levels are very much higher when lesions are present, the virus can still be shed and passed on to others when no symptoms/lesions are present.

HSV1 is pretty much endemic and most people will contract it as children but never show any symptoms both during the initial primary infection and any secondary recurrences. HSV1 may lead to genital herpes in adults mainly associated with oral sex. Most cases of genital herpes are however caused by HSV2 which is almost exclusively sexually transmitted and so will depend on your sexual history. In simple terms the more exposures the more likelihood of contracting it. HSV2 may cause oral/labial facial infections but this is relatively rare.

There is a complex link between genital herpes and HIV which in simple terms makes HIV transmission greater and in patients with HIV Herpes may become a serious condition.

Finally one of the leading causes of blindness is ocular herpes which is also a complex condition.

Offline Home Alone

Finally one of the leading causes of blindness is ocular herpes which is also a complex condition.

I'm sure I was told at school - a single sex Grammar school run by a Religious order, many of whose Brethren were fond of touching up the younger, prettier boys; which meant I was safe! - that it was caused by wanking.  ;)  :unknown:

Apologies, Doc.

Offline winkywanky

He seems to have gone quiet?

This is a very simplistic answer to a complex question, but if you have active virus (including saliva) on your fingers you should avoid touching your own genitals, although it is highly unlikely to produce a primary genital herpes infection because you will have antibodies. If however you touch your cold sore and then immediately touch someone else's genitals, there is a different and increased risk based on their HSV history.

It is also worth pointing out that whilst virus levels are very much higher when lesions are present, the virus can still be shed and passed on to others when no symptoms/lesions are present.

HSV1 is pretty much endemic and most people will contract it as children but never show any symptoms both during the initial primary infection and any secondary recurrences. HSV1 may lead to genital herpes in adults mainly associated with oral sex. Most cases of genital herpes are however caused by HSV2 which is almost exclusively sexually transmitted and so will depend on your sexual history. In simple terms the more exposures the more likelihood of contracting it. HSV2 may cause oral/labial facial infections but this is relatively rare.

There is a complex link between genital herpes and HIV which in simple terms makes HIV transmission greater and in patients with HIV Herpes may become a serious condition.

Aha, worth knowing Doc  :thumbsup:

So once you have an established infection site yourself, that can just spontaneously flare up of its own accord (as we know).

But you develop antibodies which resist that being transferred elsewhere on your own body.

Offline winkywanky

I'm sure I was told at school - a single sex Grammar school run by a Religious order, many of whose Brethren were fond of touching up the younger, prettier boys; which meant I was safe! - that it was caused by wanking.  ;)  :unknown:

Apologies, Doc.

This of course is not to be confused with that fine old Catholic myth, that wanking makes you go blind.

(Although in my case, -8.5 dioptres in both eyes would suggest otherwise  :P).

Offline jaydefo24

I do punt in the UK when I go back home but much of the time I’m based in “The worlds most liberal city”

Offline Xtro

Going down on your granny is like non-alcoholic lager.

It tastes the same but you know it's wrong.    :scare:

Offline asiansurfer

Apologies just seen this thread has been active. Each to their own with regards to medical advice but in my experience, qualified as a doctor in 1999, including a 6 month stint during my training at the Royal London Hospital GUM clinic, it is not possible to pass cold sores HSV-1 to your own genitals HSV-2. The main reason for this is because your body builds antibodies and reinfection at another site just doesn't happen. Theoretically if you had 1 million people do this there may be some outliers, but I have never seen it occur. The virus itself is incredibly weak, hence it is only spread on direct contact. Think about how many millions of people have cold sores, if this method of transmission was possible then HSV-2 would be far more prevalent. Feel free to check with the a Dr on your next visit to a clinic but that is my opinion for what its worth. Also as far as "purporting to be a doctor" I was just offering some advice on a topic I know a lot about.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:05:55 pm by asiansurfer »

Offline winkywanky

Going down on your granny is like non-alcoholic lager.

It tastes the same
but you know it's wrong.    :scare:

I would disagree, I reckon it tastes like shit, but perhaps that just means you have granny the wrong way round?  :unknown:

Offline Doc Holliday

Aha, worth knowing Doc  :thumbsup:

So once you have an established infection site yourself, that can just spontaneously flare up of its own accord (as we know).

But you develop antibodies which resist that being transferred elsewhere on your own body.

In simple terms yes although as I said it is quite complex and not fully understood .... although quite a fascinating virus group (if you are bit geeky)

It's ability to hide and remain latent within nerve tissue and out of reach of your immune system for very long periods (lifetime) and never do anything .. then one day it decides to pop its head out of its cave, cause brief havoc and then gets whacked again and retreats back to safety waiting for the next time .. which may be next month or never?

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Apologies just seen this thread has been active. Each to their own with regards to medical advice but in my experience, qualified as a doctor in 1999, including a 6 month stint during my training at the Royal London Hospital GUM clinic, it is not possible to pass cold sores HSV-1 to your own genitals HSV-2. The main reason for this is because your body builds antibodies and reinfection at another site just doesn't happen. Theoretically if you had 1 million people do this there may be some outliers, but I have never seen it occur. The virus itself is incredibly weak, hence it is only spread on direct contact. Think about how many millions of people have cold sores, if this method of transmission was possible then HSV-2 would be far more prevalent. Feel free to check with the a Dr on your next visit to a clinic but that is my opinion for what its worth. Also as far as "purporting to be a doctor" I was just offering some advice on a topic I know a lot about.
The issue I have, as with all medical related post, is for one you are offering advice on an undiagnosed condition, the OP THINKS he has a coldsore when in fact it may not be. Surely for any doctor the first thing would be to establish exactly what the patient is suffering from before making comments.

Secondly you may well be a fully qualified doctor, however you could just as easily not be. If I want medical advice I go to someone I know is qualified to give that advice, that would also be someone who I know the name of should the advice be wrong.

Offline Xtro

The issue I have, as with all medical related post, is for one you are offering advice on an undiagnosed condition, the OP THINKS he has a coldsore when in fact it may not be. Surely for any doctor the first thing would be to establish exactly what the patient is suffering from before making comments.

Secondly you may well be a fully qualified doctor, however you could just as easily not be. If I want medical advice I go to someone I know is qualified to give that advice, that would also be someone who I know the name of should the advice be wrong.

Do you think these type of "medical" threads/posts should be banned?

Offline Doc Holliday

it is not possible to pass cold sores HSV-1 to your own genitals HSV-2. .....Think about how many millions of people have cold sores, if this method of transmission was possible then HSV-2 would be far more prevalent.

You appear to be referring to genital herpes (a condition) as HSV2 (a virus name)?

HSV1 shedding from cold sores does not produce HSV2 related genital herpes it produces HSV1 genital herpes?

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Do you think these type of "medical" threads/posts should be banned?
No not at all, if people want to seek medical advice on a punting forum that's their choice. I am just giving my opinion.