Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Regulars..punting phone  (Read 3366 times)

Offline YorkshireLad

Assuming you are single would you start calling a regular with your real number & not the punting one? As I don't always have my punting phone on me, I would like to be able to call a regular when out & about...or is this too much of a risk?

kamu

Never had a punting phone. Never had a problem.

Offline nigel4498

I've been punting on and off since 1994.
When mobiles became the only way that you could contact SP's I used my only phone.
Big mistake.
Had to change SIM twice because of pestering texts and phone calls.
Since 2010 I've used a punting phone, again I've had to change the SIM a few times and one was recently as this month.
A punting phone is cheap and you can always dump a SIM card.
Never trust a pro$$ie with your real identity.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:05:35 pm by nigel4498 »

TheCape

You're single now but would you want to get into a relationship with a number of WG's having your only number?

In truth, if you're careful it shouldn't be a problem but from what I can see, there are no downsides to having a punting phone. There are plenty in giving girls your main phone number.

Offline hullad

I have and use a punting phone.

I only ring one regular girl on my regular phone and have done for ages. She texts me and did do today to ask me a question on something in her life not punting related.

We are friendly, we are both fully aware of the relationship.

Offline sub_marine

For the price of a cheap nokia it wold be silly to not have one

Alternativly get a punting smart phone, that way you can creat a punting FB account and other stuff to aid in the research of WGs, however never log into your civvy accounts on your punting smart phone or vice versa

cain

Personally I would never use my normal number. I think todo otherwise would be foolish,

Offline _Bender_

Never had a punting phone. Never had a problem.

+1 ... also when I upgrade, I always change my number.

bod666

I have a cheap really basic punting phone, but also very rarely add a girls details to my personal phone if I know she uses whatsapp. I've got a nice English girl i now talk to using my personal phone but she's already been to my house for an outcall so there's no additional risk.

For 99% of punts use a punting phone, but where the girl has proven herself discrete then I don't see a problem with using private phone (if she's a regular & chatty anyway).

If you're in a relationship then only use a punting phone - way too risky to use personal one.

Offline the game

No I'd never do it even with a regular. You may be single now but down the road who knows, you would not want it on your mind that of you fell out with your regular at any time she could potentially cause problems for you.

Offline Goodfellow

No, keep it separate, and never have to worry. Some people don't care for whatever reason. You are not one of those, or you wouldn't be asking the question

Offline Silver Birch

I would NEVER reveal any more details than necessary.

Circumstances change and you may well live to regret being too open with a regular. While both punter and wg both are carrying out their business privately, they equally have a lot to lose. As soon as a wg gets outed to her family, friends & neighbourhood, who knows how many punters she will expose as she attempts to redirect attention away from herself.

I once saw a (seemingly) very nice wg, and as usual kept my details anonymous, only to read on here a few months later that she was actually advising women on mummiesnet what to look out for to discover if their men were seeing prostitutes  :scare:

Always use a punting phone.

mrhappypants

Most WG's just want to make a lot of money as quickly and as easily as possible.  However, a small proportion are deranged.  Not using a punting phone is a hostage to fortune; don't take stupid risks.

Offline mrfishyfoo

For 99% of punts use a punting phone, but where the girl has proven herself discrete then I don't see a problem with using private phone (if she's a regular & chatty anyway).

If you're in a relationship then only use a punting phone - way too risky to use personal one.

+1

Offline hampshirehog

I am single, and I do use a punting phone - which has proven useful in the past when a regular has either phoned or text me (I only turn the phone on when I'm after a punt)
The only drawback is it's a cheap £10 special from a supermarket, and the signal and coverage can be crap, so might upgrade to a better one soon.

Offline MrMatrix

Assuming you are single would you start calling a regular with your real number & not the punting one? As I don't always have my punting phone on me, I would like to be able to call a regular when out & about...or is this too much of a risk?
Big problem is if you are on facebook. As facebook tie your numbers from the directory to those they already know about and suddenly you get messages that you have more friends and they get the same. So no don't use your every day phone as your circumstances could change. :hi:

richie12

Not single, just use my normal phone, never had an issue  :hi:

Offline MrMatrix

Not single, just use my normal phone, never had an issue  :hi:
You only need one issue to realise you should have perhaps  had a punting phone, why take the chance. However it is your choice, I hope the status quo holds. happy Xmas mate.  :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmyredcab

For the price of a cheap nokia it wold be silly to not have one

Not really, my life is an open book ----- my one and only phone is a very old Nokia.   :hi:

brentwood

Ideally I would like to have a punting phone but the logistics of hiding it and the possibility that it may be found makes me nervous.  So I use the Swytch app.  This gives a virtual phone number.

Offline cueball

For me, I've always had a punting phone. A cheap pay as you go none smart throwaway item.

I don't use face book, twitter, whatsapp, just phone and email. I like my anonymity.

Works fine for me, it's not broke so I've no intention of fixing it.

richie12

You only need one issue to realise you should have perhaps  had a punting phone, why take the chance. However it is your choice, I hope the status quo holds. happy Xmas mate.  :thumbsup:

Point taken Mr M, agreed you only need one incident!! Will consider and do have an old phone in the draw I could use if needed. Do tend to keep to a select few of British WG's, nonetheless worth considering!  :drinks:

Finesurface

I've got a dual SIM phone,my main/personal number SIM in one slot and a PAYG burner/temp number in the other, should I no longer need the temp number I'll drain off the credit and bin the number. Any messages or contacts for girls on the phone will be deleted.

Offline Home Alone

Although I used to have a punting phone, I came round to the way of thinking that because I'm always Home Alone, I didn't need one.

BIG mistake! :scare:

Yesterday evening, I was sitting on the sofa eating my tea at a low table in my living room and knocked over an almost-empty glass of Red wine by mistake! :(  Although there wasn't much in the glass before it fell, there seems to have been enough wine in it to fook up my mobile phone! :scare:  At the moment, it seems to be dead! :( 

I've too many other things to do today to get to the nearest Tesco branch where I bought it to see if all the stuff I've got on it: a Contacts List recently expanded to include certain Northern WGs newly installed on my Hotlist!; calendar - fortunately I can remember all the details of next week's punt :D; photos; etc - can be retrieved.

New Year's Resolution, even if they can retrieve all those details for me first thing tomorrow; Get a cheap punting phone!

Offline Wilson85

If you use your personal phone for business then a quick google will bring up all your details.

I've only used my personal phone number for my first punt, I got a punting phone soon after. When I phoned to book again, two months later on the punting phone, she messaged me on my personal number, had it saved in her phone.

I've also had unexpected calls to the punting phone from prossies, very indiscreet almost as if they're hoping to cause trouble.

Offline hungrypunt

Why risk it, dont bother.
For me its like crossing a main road, just cos youve done it a hundred times, doesnt mean one of these days your not gonna get mowed down. Take the risk away, use the subway :)

Poet too !! :lol:

Offline iPad3

I punted a girl in london who turned out to be a nutter and I believe tried to out a punter or 2, she's a top shag and have seen her since but thank fuck she doesn't have my details and never will. Up to you gents but I agree with many others on here and keep things as discrete as possible.

raylondoner

The usual reminder if I may, let's not forget that mumsnet is monitoring and taking notes.  :hi:

Offline dave_59

I must have used my main phone at some point - a good while agoo.

So when the FB messanger app suggested two friends based on them calling my number - a local agency owner and one the the girls - I got a bit of a surprise. Links to their facebook pages et al...

Always, always used a seperate punting phone and keep well away from 'private' apps

Offline AlwaysLooking

I used my person phone for my first couple of punts, but blocked their numbers on my phone.
Got a cheap PAYG phone from Tesco, £15 and came with £10 of credit, and just use that now.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Got a cheap PAYG phone from Tesco, £15 and came with £10 of credit, and just use that now.

Just curious, does that £10 credit last "forever" or is there a time limit.    :unknown: :unknown:

turkmanstan

Not really, my life is an open book ----- my one and only phone is a very old Nokia.   :hi:

Does your open book include Facebook?

Offline Home Alone

Offline Jimmyredcab

Does your open book include Facebook?

I do have a facebook account ------------- but not under the name of Jimmyredcab.   :hi: :hi:

Offline AlwaysLooking

Just curious, does that £10 credit last "forever" or is there a time limit.    :unknown: :unknown:

I was told that it would last forever, however I need to make a call/text every few months to keep the SIM active.
I'm kind of taking the view that I'd prob achieve that with punting anyway.

Offline MrMatrix

I was told that it would last forever, however I need to make a call/text every few months to keep the SIM active.
I'm kind of taking the view that I'd prob achieve that with punting anyway.
You also need to keep the credit topped up. And yes the sim will just continue whilst in credit and without credit for 6 months. After which get a new sim. :hi:

Offline Silver Birch

I bought a top up for £10 and Tesco gave a free £10 bonus topup on top. The bonus top up expired after 1 month (I had probably only used about £1.50) and then the paid for £10 credit kicked in, and that is valid until it is spent.

Online dubhcarr

punt as you go phone.......I only need it when I want to book........don't feel the need to keep a dialogue with SP's so it serves it's purpose.

louie

180 days or 6 months is about normal for expiring credit

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:56:10 am by louie »

Neal69

180 days or 6 months is about normal for expiring credit

Hidden Image/Members Only

Thanks for that Louie.

Always thought it was 3 months. Good to know that it is more. :drinks:

N

Offline Spacecowb0y

Punting phone apps, contacts and web sites are never used on private phone or vice versa.
"Never the twain will meet" is my moto