Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: ‘Second Number’ phone App VS Punting Phone  (Read 922 times)

Offline Strada79

Fairly new to punting, and thus far have stuck to the relative safety of a local and well reviewed agency- but I want to start venturing into booking from Adult Work and therefore want to make sure my confidentiality is totally covered. It could be argued that I should have done this before even starting booking through an agency but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and that’s why this forum is proving useful!

I’m pretty nervous about a second phone being found. One family car, small house, WFH etc. means there’s limited places for stashing it safely- so I’m wondering if there’s any apps that provide second numbers that folks could recommend? They would need to be iPhone compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Offline mattmugwump

While there are apps available like Burner or Hushed (not recommending either as I've never used them personally) remember that any smart phone will record your locations, search history etc.... it's something to keep in mind when deciding between a dedicated punting phone and a 2nd number app. Also it's very easy to forget and use the wrong number when contacting a SP, done that one myself when I had a dual SIM phone.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:42:55 pm by mattmugwump »

Offline hellohi21

I used ‘Hushed’ and ‘TextMe’, it creates a new number for you and is not linked to your original number. So no way of tracing you. You can burn those numbers within side the app too for extra security.

Better option than using a 2nd phone, which would raise questions.

I turn off tracking on my phone or delete it manually ( can find out on Google how to do this with iPhone and probably android too). And use “incognito” mode on my browser to avoid any trail marks of websites visited.

Had no problems doing this.

Offline Anadin

If you don't need to hide your second phone then that's the better option. A lot of these apps work fine but sometimes let you down which happens if you don't have a good internet signal.
Plus I have on the odd occasion made the mistake of almost using my main number or my main whatsapp account to contact a WG instead of the second punting one on my phone. A lot of sites let you click on the number and dial automatically so you gotta be careful. Long as you're sensible the apps are good.

Offline heathen666

I use Hushed in a secure folder in a Samsung phone. That way I can't send a text from the wrong number. I already carry a 2nd phone for work. I can do without a 3rd.

Offline Disco dave

Punting phone always. The world is a big place if you need to hide something

Offline SamOmar

Banned reason: Undesirable, convicted sex trafficker / pimp
Banned by: daviemac

Offline rowlock

I've a second phone, though I do wonder what's the best bet in terms of getting a SIM and number.

Offline Strada79

I use Hushed in a secure folder in a Samsung phone. That way I can't send a text from the wrong number. I already carry a 2nd phone for work. I can do without a 3rd.

This is my main reason too- two iPhones, one personal one work- I’d have zero excuse to have a cheap burner around. And I would just be far too paranoid it would get found.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Sorry if this seems like I've gone off at a tangent but hear me out.......

Aldi have these vehicle trackers in stock next week for £40. You need to get a SIM for them to work, the provider and PAYG/contract, it's your choice.

External Link/Members Only

It seems to me that having one of these is a completely legitimate and suspicion-free reason for having an additional SIM. You can finance it in the open, no need to worry about keeping it secret. Anytime you fancy a punt, you just remove the SIM from the tracker and bung it in your phone (main phone, old phone, spare phone, punting phone, again it's your choice).

Basically, it's a way of having a direct debit of a few quid going out every month for an additional SIM for a completely innocuous and innocent reason. Yes I'm aware that there are still issues of anonymity to be aware of but my impression is that merely financing an additional SIM can be problematic for some chaps when they have a joint bank account with their other halves. Maybe this tracker thing solves that problem?

Offline Glasgow28

Helpful forum thanks! Been wondering this myself as a fellow newbie. Obviously plenty advice to have a seperate phone but as a few people say if you already have a normal phone, plus a work one and then have to try hide a 3rd, not ideal. Will definitely give the apps a try. Have a Samsung as well so the one mentioned seems ideal. Thanks.

Offline rk_1985

I have a dual sim now for those times when I do decide to punt. Trick I found is to navigate AW or any sites using incognito and delete any calls texts after you finish. May want to stop locations or search results on maps if you have this on. When not punting the sim is disabled. Find this is so much better than having a burner/punting phone but each to their own

Offline JimmySW

It's been covered before a few times - I use "Another number".