Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Alternative to punting phone: smartwatch  (Read 1266 times)

Offline collector

Since few days I have this idea on mind: buy a smartwatch with separate sim as a substitute to a punting phone. I have also a punting phone but most of the time I just switch my normal sim card with the punting sim.

Pros:
- punting sim always with me in case of unexpected punting urge
- hiddin sim (a smartwatch looks like a simple watch)
- some have even a GPS, could be useful but not essential
- possibility to put an alarm clock with vibration, e.g. 10 minutes warning for the end of the punt
- possibility to write texts and make calls

Cons:
- calls should work only with the watch's speaker then not good in a public or noisy place
- I don't think exist any smartwatch with an input for earphones
- smartwatch has bluetooth. I could use my bluetooth headphones but I'm not sure if they are compatible.

What you guys think? Any experience using smartwatch for punting?

Offline Sandman1874

I have an Apple Watch. It must be linked to my IPhone to make calls. Therefore it's no use at all as a punting phone. I suspect all smart watches are the same and won't allow separate sims - they'll all need to link to a phone.

Offline collector

I have an Apple Watch. It must be linked to my IPhone to make calls. Therefore it's no use at all as a punting phone. I suspect all smart watches are the same and won't allow separate sims - they'll all need to link to a phone.
There are several smartwatches with a separate sim slot. Just an example External Link/Members Only

Offline thefoxman

..or as cheap as £15  with sim and camera - neither of which the  £300 apple watch has :)
External Link/Members Only

7x5

Even with a separate sim, would you really want to try spend all day attempting to text on such a small screen?

If people like the look of your watch they will google the make and model so your discretion may go out of the window too.

That and the battery life is often crap, especially if you are going to keep pawing at it.

I just carry my other SIM in my wallet and swap and change as required.

Offline collector

Ever considered divorce.    :hi: :hi: :hi:
Never because I'm single  :drinks:

I don't have to be careful hiding any sim or punting phone. I just wrote it as a pro thinking of the married punters.

vw

I just carry my other SIM in my wallet and swap and change as required.

Hope you don't use facebook on your phone, it will grab all numbers dialled and texted and think you need suggesting to each other.

That would be such a lot of effort for shooting ones self in the foot.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Never because I'm single  :drinks:

I don't have to be careful hiding any sim or punting phone. I just wrote it as a pro thinking of the married punters.

There is enough paranoia on here without you adding to it.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline collector

IMO safer for married punters because the sim is hidden and most people think smartwatches work only with the ordinary phone via bluetooth.
In case of paranoia it is not necessary wear it all the time and it can be hidden as they're hiding the punting phone. Furthermore looks less suspicious than a second phone when the wife finds it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:00:02 pm by collector »

vw

IMO safer for married punters because the sim is hidden and most people think smartwatches work only with the ordinary phone via bluetooth.
In case of paranoia it is not necessary wear it all the time and it can be hidden as they're hiding the punting phone. Furthermore looks less suspicious than a second phone when the wife finds it.

Quite frankly non of my concern, if a punter is  micromanaged that much and cannot hide a little punting phone he needs to plan a prison break !

Offline collector

Quite frankly non of my concern, if a punter is  micromanaged that much and cannot hide a little punting phone he needs to plan a prison break !
Neither mine, as Jimmy said, a divorce is better!

Talking from the side of the single punters and leaving the hiding problems, I find annoying carry with me the punting phone or sim which sometimes I forget at home.
Plus I'm finding the necessity to wear a watch during the action cause I need to know how long I'm into the punt. However I don't like the idea to clockwatch myself, it's kind of distracting. I don't even want a time alarm from my phone bipping. Therefore a noiseless alarm vibration could make this job.

Offline flintstone

Hi all

New to forum and punting scene in general.  Firstly, thanks to this site I absorbed advice and reviews before seeing first WG.   

This post caught my eye and thought I would respond with some helpful advice.   Noticed some of you and just having a second SIM and swapping it.  My advice is don't do this, telco's monitor this kind of thing and can flag as fraud - if they keep seeing this swapped and can raise alarms.  You don't want to get into awkward situation, especially if using a business provided phone.

There are some android phones with dual sim slots.. never tried one myself - may be an option for the android users.

Hope it helps....

Type_O_Negative

Cons:
- calls should work only with the watch's speaker then not good in a public or noisy place
- I don't think exist any smartwatch with an input for earphones
- smartwatch has bluetooth. I could use my bluetooth headphones but I'm not sure if they are compatible.

Don't forget about hopeless battery life...

Offline collector

Don't forget about hopeless battery life...
They last between 2 days and one week, depends. Not bad, better than a smartphone.

vw

Neither mine, as Jimmy said, a divorce is better!

Talking from the side of the single punters and leaving the hiding problems, I find annoying carry with me the punting phone or sim which sometimes I forget at home.
Plus I'm finding the necessity to wear a watch during the action cause I need to know how long I'm into the punt. However I don't like the idea to clockwatch myself, it's kind of distracting. I don't even want a time alarm from my phone bipping. Therefore a noiseless alarm vibration could make this job.
You make punting  sound a displeasure and stressful with all these buzzers and checking, as soon as I think of time no chance of popping that's why I outsource the job.

Punting should be fun not arm buzzers and stealth !

LL

Noticed some of you and just having a second SIM and swapping it.  My advice is don't do this, telco's monitor this kind of thing and can flag as fraud - if they keep seeing this swapped and can raise alarms.
Cobblers! As Jimmy would say. I would call bullshit - where's your proof?
Even it were true why should I be bothered about my "telco" raising an alarm?! What kind of fraud am I going to be arrested for? Identity fraud? :D

Also I get very suspicious whenever I see a brand new member sign up using the name of a character of some sort and matching avatar. They usually turn out to be somebody who has been previously banned or just somebody undesirable in the first place.

Offline flintstone

Cobblers! As Jimmy would say. I would call bullshit - where's your proof?
Even it were true why should I be bothered about my "telco" raising an alarm?! What kind of fraud am I going to be arrested for? Identity fraud? :D

Also I get very suspicious whenever I see a brand new member sign up using the name of a character of some sort and matching avatar. They usually turn out to be somebody who has been previously banned or just somebody undesirable in the first place.

Well thanks for the confidence in new members, I will change my avatar to donald duck if it will make you feel better.    Just trying to contribute and help out on forum.

I didn't say you would be done for fraud, as you quite rightly say - you're not committing any fraud.  There is a difference between suspected and confirmed fraud. 

Not sure about proof but have over 10 years professional experience.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Well thanks for the confidence in new members, I will change my avatar to donald duck if it will make you feel better.    Just trying to contribute and help out on forum.

I didn't say you would be done for fraud, as you quite rightly say - you're not committing any fraud.  There is a difference between suspected and confirmed fraud. 

Not sure about proof but have over 10 years professional experience.

Fraud my arse.      :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would imagine plenty of men who are having affairs use a second SIM.   

mikexxlong

I can see it now punters sneaking about like Dick Tracy  :sarcastic:

Offline flintstone

I can see it now punters sneaking about like Dick Tracy  :sarcastic:

Well they would be if using a smart watch to talk into.

LL

Very clever. I read it. Despite your vast experience you've still not convinced me that anyone who swaps legitimate SIMs over regularly in the same equipment (an industry term for you) has anything to worry about.

Midlane

My watch tells the time. Very accurately, and without the help of a phone. It's been doing it longer than I've been alive.

I'd say that's extremely smart. For a watch.

I use my phone for phone calls because I'm not Captain Kirk.

mikexxlong

Well they would be if using a smart watch to talk into.

As a supposed new member you’re coming across as a humourless, bell end :thumbsdown:

Offline Jimmyredcab

My watch tells the time. Very accurately, and without the help of a phone. It's been doing it longer than I've been alive.

I'd say that's extremely smart. For a watch.

I use my phone for phone calls because I'm not Captain Kirk.

Good post.    :hi: :hi: :hi:

I own a Rolex, bought in Bangkok for £8 -------------- keeps perfect time.    :hi:

Offline Marmalade

It's an interesting thread but the bottom line is, it's relatively new technology that although some interesting facts have been put up, what we really need is an established punter reporting back on using one successfully - or several different ones - in practice.

My first thought was what a load of bollocks, but although I don't plan to get one just yet, I'd never say never.

It's a relatively expensive piece of kit, so I wouldn't be rushing to take it on any slightly dodgy punts or dodgy punting areas.

Maybe if it was first justified for some other reason, then test it out slowly.

Offline collector

I understand this skepticism for a very new technology device which the smartwatch is. On the other hand they are on the market only 2-3 years. It's clear, it's not a essential but never know, one day they could become popular like mobile phones are now.
Certainly will come out on the market more sophisticated models with better features.

Maybe it's too early now and there are no punters who already used them for punting. I'm still searching for the right smartwatch for my needs. I will update in case I'm gonna find something and test it  :hi:

vw

I will update in case I'm gonna find something and test it  :hi:

Have fun testing it for punting do you have a few hoes in mind ?

Maybe best to do ones you have seen before as a bench mark !

Offline collector

Have fun testing it for punting do you have a few hoes in mind ?

Maybe best to do ones you have seen before as a bench mark !
It won't certainly be at short time. As I said before I don't like the idea to use the watch speaker therefore I need to find a smartwatch which work with ear/headphones.
Spot on what other posters said before about Captain kirk. Not my thing either. But I prefer to mention Michael Knight of "Knight Rider", good memories  :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

bensonhedges20

Cheap android smartwatches work. You can chat via handsfree. Dont need a phoje connected. Ebay it and buy from china. Allow 2-3 weeks for arrival