Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Mobile phone  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Willowspoke1

Hi

Just wondering the best and cheapest way of getting a mobile for punting as I don't want to use my own phone.  I just want like a pay as you go?
Banned reason: Fantasist troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline itsjustme

I got an o2 classic pay as you go, it doesnt roll over each month and no £10 a month bollocks.
You just top up and pay what you use. Data is crazy prices, so solely for txts and calls etc

The may be other "classic pay as you go" ones  ..... ?

Offline Willowspoke1

Thanks for that.  But how much is the phone?  And ca. I just go into an 02 branch and get one?  I don't want to give them my details for confidential purposes.  I just want an old tatty phone for texting with.

Offline itsjustme

Thanks for that.  But how much is the phone?  And ca. I just go into an 02 branch and get one?  I don't want to give them my details for confidential purposes.  I just want an old tatty phone for texting with.

The phone is something different, look around.
Facebook sales

Online jarrovian

Just go to any CEX shop, loads of good nick second hand phones

Offline Willowspoke1

Thanks guys.  Ill have a look. :)

Offline Sar-Major

Try ASDA or Tesco, they seem to have a "Shed Load" of cheapie phones for sale.   :thumbsup:

:hi: :hi:
Banned reason: Fantasy reviews. Using UKP name to push boundaries and attempt bareback & stalker

Offline Mansell

Or any of these 2nd hand shops that do mobiles. Cheap as chips.

Offline jonjo29

Try 1p Mobile. 1000 mins of calls and texts.
1p mobile .com

Offline roboeggman

Alcatel are always good for very, very, cheap phones. Normal one with a keypad will cost you about £6 in Carphone Warehouse and I've seen smartphones for about £50 in Carphone and Tesco.

Giffgaff do good deals as well. It's pay and go but the bundles automatically come off your credit once you've topped up and you get data with all of them it looks like.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Global_Punter

Alcatel are always good for very, very, cheap phones. Normal one with a keypad will cost you about £6 in Carphone Warehouse and I've seen smartphones for about £50 in Carphone and Tesco.

Giffgaff do good deals as well. It's pay and go but the bundles automatically come off your credit once you've topped up and you get data with all of them it looks like.

External Link/Members Only

+ 1 giffgaff is a good one, there's lots of refurbished mobile on magpie etc

I tend to used punting mobiles that can at leat allow for internet surfing, what App, google maps  etc you can get a phone for £9.99 but are you able to read the text or use whatsApp etc

Sim card offer the counter, if possible bin it when the credit runs out  :sarcastic: get another sim

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:56:08 pm by Global_Punter »

Offline Moresomes

Got my latest one, an Alba at Argos for £12.50 with duel sim. Paid cash and got a choice of sim card.

Offline datwabbit

If you're going to use it for adult web sites, the SIM card provider might want evidence that you're 18+.

Has anyone got PAYG and not had to declare themselves in some way?

Three want evidence like a credit card and I think vodaphone or virgin register the SIM.

But if anyone can comment it'll help op and others choose a sim.

Offline Moresomes

If you're going to use it for adult web sites, the SIM card provider might want evidence that you're 18+.

Three want evidence like a credit card and I think vodaphone or virgin register the SIM.

The sim I got was EE with a tenner on it.
Put it in the phone and dialed a punt a few days later. Went out of the shop as anonymous as when I went in.

Offline roboeggman

If you're visiting adult websites is safe to assume you'd be on a smartphone. If that's the case you can use Opera Touch web browser to use the free VPN for agency sites and adultwork; UKP wouldn't be on most blacklists I'd assume.

Offline MagpieJohn

I just use an Alcatel flip phone Does for calls or text. Think I paid a tenner at Argos a few years ago. PAYG.

Offline tynetunnel

I got a payg sim on 3 for a quid from Argos, anonymously. 1p per minute, 2p text, 3p a MB of data. Top up in any payzone newsagent in cash, only requirement to maintain credit is to make at least one call in 6 months. Fully disposable

Online toon972

Got mine from Tesco's payg, top up anywhere. Not a smart phone but does the job and no questions asked.

Offline Willowspoke1

I got a payg sim on 3 for a quid from Argos, anonymously. 1p per minute, 2p text, 3p a MB of data. Top up in any payzone newsagent in cash, only requirement to maintain credit is to make at least one call in 6 months. Fully disposable

Guys thank you!  There is an Argos close to me.  Ill check out tomorrow.  Cheers. :hi:

Offline Global_Punter

Yep, I'm using a 3 sim now £1 + £10 top-up last for ages. I tend to bin them after a while ( cant be asked to keep them )

I swap sim as I'm using mainly unlocked phones, there's lots of option out there - dual sim mobile or cheaper option.

Even the local Mr Patel that fixes mobiles on the high street, can sell you a cheaper refurbished mobile.

Offline cl1988

There is an android app called textme could try

Offline AnthG

Just wondering the best and cheapest way of getting a mobile for punting as I don't want to use my own phone.  I just want like a pay as you go?

Firstly decide the type of phone you want as your punting phone.

As in an el-chepo nokia type.
Or a Blackberry type.
Or a smart phone.

All three have their benefits, but I would say go for either the blackeberry or smart phone.

The el-cheapo nokia's can be had from supermarkets for £10. Blackberrys from CEx very cheap too (make sure you search up for the best model numbers of the blackberrys as there were a load of them and you want the latest model released before they went bankrupt). From what I remember you can get them for about £20 at CEX

The smart phones around £40 for a decent enough one. The smart phones give you the benefit of using whatsapp and using the internet to find bookings.

If you are worried about age verification and adult blocking just use Opera Mobile app as this uses Opera's proxy to reduce mobile data costs and it has the beneift of getting past the blocking as you are using Operas Proxy (you may have problems logging into this forum though with it, Or at least I did with OldAdmin having the proxy blocked, it may be ok now though).

In terms of the sim, my advice would be to order External Link/Members Only What this does is it gives you 200mb of data to use per month.

It can also make telephone calls and its very easy to go online and top up £2 to use for a few punts.

After this its 3p per min for a call, 2p a text and 1p for a MB of data.

In terms of bang for buck, many regard the Google Nexus 4 and 5 as the greatest phones ever made. And they are getting on a bit now but still very good for simple browser and phone use and you can often get them very cheap second hand (I got a Google Nexus 4 for £28 from Ebay for example).
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Avg_Joe

i've got a simple motorola flip phone and asda 50p  pay as you go sim, it does the job nicely, no connections to me whatsoever.

only thing i find annoying, is it's got that old keyboard style so texts take fucking forever, and i can't do whatsapp on it, or google maps.

i do have 2 older smart phones, but don't trust those to be fully wiped, one was minee from new, the other was a friends, who sold me it when he upgraded, it had been rooted, but put back and factory restored.... however, it still knows it was rooted at some point so wont do pay stuff, fine by me, and when i went into a a place with free wifi he'd used it in, it said "welcome back mr bloggs" .... so they had stored mac address and name details  :scare:
Banned reason: White knight.

Offline Calendar15

Asda sell a basic phone for £7 and an ASDA mobile SIM card is 50p the SIM card comes with 10 free minutes, 10 free texts and 10mb of data. So £7.50 will get you started. To top up you get a voucher code from any ASDA store.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:58:24 pm by daviemac »