Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Logs tab gone?  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Foxtail17

I am accessing via an iphone and just noticed the logs tab has disappeared. Has it gone or just become restricted to Admin and moderators, or is it my phone? Not had a problem before.

Thanks

Offline catweazle

Offline billabong

Hhmm missing for me now you mention it. I'm on a Samsung Android right now... strange as always there before

Offline catweazle

Hhmm missing for me now you mention it. I'm on a Samsung Android right now... strange as always there before

I am also on Samsung Android and it shows for me.

Offline Foxtail17

Offline SO595

Banned reason: Idiot who won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Londonpunter30

I'm mobile / tablet and it's gone too.

I'm sure admin knows what he's doing

OldAdmin

The logs are limited to helpers only now, if anyone wants to be included in the 'helper' list then PM me.

A few site changes in the works as I plan to add full fledged moderator(s) soon.

Offline smiths

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:36:38 am by smiths »

Offline Foxtail17

The logs are limited to helpers only now, if anyone wants to be included in the 'helper' list then PM me.

A few site changes in the works as I plan to add full fledged moderator(s) soon.

Thanks for the info. Thought it was something at my end.

Offline Londonpunter30

Can see the logic, sometimes seeing who has reported posts creates a bit of antagonism

Offline Davey Dykes

On a similar note why am I only seeing the last poster rather than the thread?

Something I've accidentially done in the settings perhaps?

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
On a similar note why am I only seeing the last poster rather than the thread?

Something I've accidentially done in the settings perhaps?

if I remember correctly Admin disabled it to stop SA threads going to the top. 

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
if I remember correctly Admin disabled it to stop SA threads going to the top.

oo hello mod! ;) is this new or have i only just noticed ur a mod lol
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:00:28 am by EnglishRebecca121 »
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

oo hello mod! ;)

Hello.  :P  New, in the last few minutes.   As per Admin's reply #9
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:02:06 am by daviemac »

• Banned
  • Service Provider

Offline The Outsider

Congratulations sir.  In the interest of impartiality, I'll ask you the same question I asked Hotpot on UKE... do we have have to salute?  ;)  :D

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Congratulations sir.  In the interest of impartiality, I'll ask you the same question I asked Hotpot on UKE... do we have have to salute?  ;)  :D

Thank you TO. No, no salutes thank you, I might start to think I'm S-M.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

I'm not the only one BTW.   :hi:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:17:51 pm by daviemac »

Offline webpunter

Without wanting to appear fick what are Logs ?

And we have new moderators

Missing for a while since the fucktard Stapler [self appointed] got locked up in an institution

I am upon bended knee

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Without wanting to appear fick what are Logs ?

And we have new moderators

Missing for a while since the fucktard Stapler [self appointed] got locked up in an institution

I am upon bended knee

Post report, subject change etc, they used to be visible to all until Admin changed it.   :hi:

• Banned
  • Service Provider
Thank you TO. No, no salutes thank you, I might start to think I'm S-M.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

I'm not the only one BTW.   :hi:

whos the other? :unknown:

edit: found some
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5114

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2607
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 07:32:28 pm by EnglishRebecca121 »

Offline Littlefoot

Yeah those as well.   

I couldn't think of 3 more sensible choices.  :drinks:

• Banned
  • Service Provider

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

Offline Malvolio

Out of interest, what powers do moderators have?

Offline A Decent Fist

Don't understand half of what's written above and I'd never noticed a Logs tab anyway, but I was a helper until I went away for a week and when I came back I wasn't.

All of the stuff that let me index and categorise posts has disappeared, anyway. Is this a general thing?

OldAdmin

Don't understand half of what's written above and I'd never noticed a Logs tab anyway, but I was a helper until I went away for a week and when I came back I wasn't.

Yes a week or two ago I increased it to more members (from 100+ to 300+) just to see who would use the facilities so they keep them and anyone who doesn't would lose them again.
I added helper facilities to anyone who PM'ed me today asking for them.

Out of interest, what powers do moderators have?

I shall list all the changes below.

Helpers:
- Can index reviews
- Can categorize topics
- Can move topics to different sections
- Can edit topic subjects
- Can edit review ratings when original poster requests it
- Can view the logs which show who and why a change was done by helpers
- Cannot view post reports anymore
- Cannot temporarily freeze accounts anymore
- Cannot temporarily hide topics anymore

Moderators:
- Can view IP history
- Can ban / unban accounts
- Can delete posts / topics
- Can lock / unlock topics
- Can approve / delete posts requiring approval
- Can view post reports
- Can access the new private Moderators forum and recreated Deleted Posts section
- Cannot do anything not listed above

To help with transparency and accountability, all changes are logged and technically reversible by me (including post deletions).

Why new moderators? In the hope I can spend less time (in August it'll be full 9 years I've been moderating UKP) and also to push more running of the forum to the members (I've been sole moderator for 6.5 years).

Offline Londonpunter30

Thanks for all your work Admin.. hope the moderators ease the burden on you

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
I can understand the changes if it makes your life easier.
It’s a shame as a helper we cannot help more and our access has been restricted but totally understand if you don’t trust access to helpers to do more for you.

Offline webpunter

Crikey
This all sounds pretty complicated
No wonder you need to spread the workload
Good planning as well as binning sections which in the long run could potentially have been the death-knell of UKP
If you ever decide to offload or stop UKP a role in MI5 or MI6 beckons

Yes a week or two ago I increased it to more members (from 100+ to 300+) just to see who would use the facilities so they keep them and anyone who doesn't would lose them again.

Helpers:
- Can index reviews
- Can categorize topics

Moderators:
- Can view IP history
- Can view post reports
- Can access the new private Moderators forum and recreated Deleted Posts section

To help with transparency and accountability, all changes are logged and technically reversible by me (including post deletions).

Why new moderators? In the hope I can spend less time (in August it'll be full 9 years I've been moderating UKP) and also to push more running of the forum to the members (I've been sole moderator for 6.5 years).

Bollocks you've been the sole moderator
What about the self appointed fucktard Stapler ?
I am but jesting  :lol: :lol:

Offline Waterhouse

Helpers:
- Can index reviews
- Can categorize topics

Moderators:
- Can view IP history
- Can view post reports

Thanks for the info.  Shame about viewing post reports though... found that useful for reading the odd interesting thread that I usually wouldn't follow by default i.e. on the Midlands, Northern and Scottish boards.

Cheers.

Offline myothernameis

Moderators:

Why new moderators? In the hope I can spend less time

Admin, how did you go about, selecting whom of us become moderators, bearing in mid it could become a ego trip for some

I know for something, its something I would't want

Offline Blackpool Rock

Thanks for the info.  Shame about viewing post reports though... found that useful for reading the odd interesting thread that I usually wouldn't follow by default i.e. on the Midlands, Northern and Scottish boards.

Cheers.
Yeah post reports were sometimes good to see as it did highlight possible trolls so you could keep an eye on other threads they were posting in.
It did potentially also mean though that people would jump in on regional threads they had nothing to do with and add fuel to the fire.

As a matter of interest is there a complete list of the new moderators  :unknown:
Looking at the 3 who have been highlighted they are all long standing members with good post counts and i'm guessing that Admin has never had any cause for concern with their post history even when OT was active.

Anyway congratulations to all new mods  :drinks: and is there a sweepstake running on who is 1st to ban someone  :rolleyes:

Offline Sinz

Well done Sir  :hi:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Well done Sir  :hi:

Thank you, have to admit it came as a surprise.  To answer Blackpool Rock there's only the three mods that are known.  :hi:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:54:51 am by daviemac »

Offline Happyjose

Good move by Admin, and good luck to the new mods - all solid UKP guys

The freeze account/hide post helper ability was in danger of turning into a wild-west show

James999

I  agree was one of the sites better features  :hi:

satyromaniac

:cry: I enjoyed looking through the banned logs to see who and why a member had been banned. Usually made for an interesting and amusing read of the thread they got banned in. 
Ah well, I’m sure these changes are for the greater good.  :hi:

OldAdmin

Admin, how did you go about, selecting whom of us become moderators, bearing in mid it could become a ego trip for some

No real science behind it. Just decided that while I read threads over past week or two to start making a small list of names who would potentially be good moderators.

As a matter of interest is there a complete list of the new moderators  :unknown:

daviemac, Ali Katt, CoolTiger.
I have two more names to ask in future, so I think 5 will be enough.
Given all the moderating work is related to new members I put restrictive limits on new members joining. But still it seems 100+ new members per day managing to get through so may need even more restrictions.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

Anyway congratulations to all new mods  :drinks: and is there a sweepstake running on who is 1st to ban someone  :rolleyes:

Cheers BR.

Hope you had your money on me  :cool:

It was an easy decision, for the first ban. Having looked at the some of the work, I can imagine the nightmare Admin must have had for past 6.5 years moderating on his own.

Will try my level best.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Having looked at the some of the work, I can imagine the nightmare Admin must have had for past 6.5 years moderating on his own.

Will try my level best.

Have to agree here, it's been a bit of an eye opener. 

+1 to the last bit.    :hi:

Offline Derrick101

Good move to limit the viewers of the post reports. Too often I've seen more abuse coming from members that have had posts reported.

Good luck to the new mods  :hi:

Offline Waterhouse

Good move to limit the viewers of the post reports.

Disagree re. Helpers... it gave something of an insight of potential trolls and 'ones to watch'.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Cheers BR.

Hope you had your money on me  :cool:

It was an easy decision, for the first ban. Having looked at the some of the work, I can imagine the nightmare Admin must have had for past 6.5 years moderating on his own.

Will try my level best.
Unfortunately not and I see your's is still the exclusive only one however i'm sure that will change once the new mods get into the swing of things

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
Unfortunately not and I see your's is still the exclusive only one however i'm sure that will change once the new mods get into the swing of things

It’s tough making that first decision, but like you say I’m sure their confidence and knowledge grows they will certainly make Admins job easier

Offline Fuzzyduck

Disagree re. Helpers... it gave something of an insight of potential trolls and 'ones to watch'.

I agree but isn't that more of a moderator role? Helpers are there to execute process and aren't necessarily there to identify trolls, stalkers and undesirables. I've found myself being a tourist on threads I wouldn't normally click into and regional boards I don't usually frequent. There can be positive outcomes (e.g. helping to out stalkers and changing reviews as request by the reviewer) but, as Blackpool Rock mentioned, you can see how some members just go there to troll.

Offline Waterhouse

I agree but isn't that more of a moderator role? Helpers are there to execute process and aren't necessarily there to identify trolls, stalkers and undesirables. I've found myself being a tourist on threads I wouldn't normally click into and regional boards I don't usually frequent. There can be positive outcomes (e.g. helping to out stalkers and changing reviews as request by the reviewer) but, as Blackpool Rock mentioned, you can see how some members just go there to troll.
It's a fair point. But with only 4 bods to 'proactivley' watch for trolls etc. I suspect a lot will go unnoticed.  Guess I am an advocate of the 'many hands make light work' adage.  I'm sure Admin knows best, though.