Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Buyer's Remorse  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Matium

As you look back over your punting life and you add up what you've spent, do you feel any regrets?

That you could have bought a new car, televisin, furniture etc with the money you've spent on WGs?

Any buyer's remorse or money well spent?

pleasure

I've never actually added up the total, though I have kept enough notes that I could do so pretty accurately. :)

I regret the crap punts, which is maybe 10%. The majority of my punts I'd only class as half-decent, and probably not entirely worth the money in retrospect. The top 10% were fantastic, and worth every penny.

Overall though, I don't regret a thing. It's been fantastic to fuck a whole load of women I'd never get to have normally, both in quantity and (sometimes) in quality. I've got nothing else I'm desperately wanting to do with the cash, so I view it as money well-spent.

touch.and.go

No regrets at all. I try and forget the bad punts (or laugh about them with my reg) and the good punts are fucking amazing - long may it continue.  :cool:

Flunt

There are many Sundays when I have crawled out of bed with a thick head, poorer from beer, curry and fruit machines. On the whole punting seems less of a waste of money and a lot more memorable, there are a few punts I wish I could erase from memory though.

dilettante

I don't see it the same as other consumer items - you have to deal with the sexual parts of your nature and do what it takes, if you try to brush it under the carpet it raises its ugly head in other ways ...

... or that's my excuse, anyway!  :cool:

Offline Jimmyredcab

I have always been in total control of my punting so I have no regrets.

It's like telling a smoker about the money they are wasting, if they stop smoking they will simply spend the money on something else, they are unlikely to bank the spare cash.

It amazes me when I see some of the guys on here punting a couple of times a week despite punting for most of their life, the sparkle for me disappeared quite a few years ago.   :thumbsdown:

Offline NIK

I have always been in total control of my punting so I have no regrets.

It's like telling a smoker about the money they are wasting, if they stop smoking they will simply spend the money on something else, they are unlikely to bank the spare cash.

It amazes me when I see some of the guys on here punting a couple of times a week despite punting for most of their life, the sparkle for me disappeared quite a few years ago.    :thumbsdown:

Me too in both instances.

Offline Sedlmayer

No possible way for me to tot up the cost of well over 30 years' punting, obviously a lot of money, but I don't regret any of it.
I've had a lot of fun and shagged hundreds of, mainly, very attractive women along the way.
I've had a wonderful varied sex life and tried everything I ever wanted to try, whilst the guys I went to school with have had sex with 3 or 4 women tops. And very likely, little to no sex ever since their kids were born.

Offline Jimmyredcab

No possible way for me to tot up the cost of well over 30 years' punting, obviously a lot of money, but I don't regret any of it.
I've had a lot of fun and shagged hundreds of, mainly, very attractive women along the way.

In 30 years you must have met some real munters as well, I certainly have and I know that NIK has also suffered some disasters, it's all in his book.     :D

vt

I can afford what I've spent, but when I add it all up and notice what has recently tipped into a 5-figured sum over almost 4 years, I can't help thinking what else I might have spent that cash on...a nicer car, some dream holidays, overpay the mortgage to reduce the term, etc.

But when I consider the experiences I've had with about 135 different girls, some of those multiple times, I've certainly broadened my sexual horizons and had some mindblowing experiences that would never have happened without punting, so no lasting regrets here!  :)

I am conscious to seek out VFM now and won't take blind punts nearly as often. My yearly spend has also diminished every year, since my first full year of regular punting in 2012, this year looking like it might end up under £2k.

Offline Sedlmayer

In 30 years you must have met some real munters as well, I certainly have and I know that NIK has also suffered some disasters, it's all in his book.     :D

Of course they haven't all been gorgeous over 30 years. In the bad old days you went up into a walk-up and all you knew for sure was that there was a prostitute in the room. However, we're all different - I can see that facial attractiveness is very important to you (you insist, fair enough, on face pix), but attitude, service and, of course, hygiene are all more important to me.
Each to their own, but I would rather have a fantastic BJ from an average-looking girl, that a disinterested one from a stunner.
There used to be a Scottish prostitute in Peter St, years ago, who wasn't attractive and wasn't young, but in the age of universal covered oral in Soho, she would do you a really great OWO to completion, and I went time and again. And, yes, closed my eyes.
I really do wonder if those punters who have started since the internet and never walked into a Soho/Shepherd Mkt walk-up or got an address off a newsagent's window postcard realise how much the sex trade has changed, and how lucky they are to have resources that we couldn't have even imagined back in the day.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I am conscious to seek out VFM now and won't take blind punts nearly as often. My yearly spend has also diminished every year, since my first full year of regular punting in 2012, this year looking like it might end up under £2k.

£2000 in a year is not outrageous, you could probably spend similar on golf, 20 cigarettes a day would cost more and gambling would cost considerable more.

I am now semi-retired from punting but I still expect to spend in the region of £1500 over the year, the bulk of my spare cash will now go on holidays -------- far better value in my opinion.   :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

I really do wonder if those punters who have started since the internet and never walked into a Soho/Shepherd Mkt walk-up or got an address off a newsagent's window postcard realise how much the sex trade has changed, and how lucky they are to have resources that we couldn't have even imagined back in the day.

I was never into Soho walk ups but a big fan of local brothels, I must have "walked" a hundred times when the maid has lied about the girl who was available but I would normally only have wasted 15 minutes getting there.

I think the current internet scene is over rated, especially Adultwork, far too many Romanian lowlifes and headless photos.  :thumbsdown:

vt

£2000 in a year is not outrageous, you could probably spend similar on golf, 20 cigarettes a day would cost more and gambling would cost considerable more.

I am now semi-retired from punting but I still expect to spend in the region of £1500 over the year, the bulk of my spare cash will now go on holidays -------- far better value in my opinion.   :hi:

£2k is enough for a treat or a couple of shorter punts every month. Had a few nice short-haul holidays too, I don't think I'd be able to give those up for extra punting.

Offline Sedlmayer

I was never into Soho walk ups but a big fan of local brothels, I must have "walked" a hundred times when the maid has lied about the girl who was available but I would normally only have wasted 15 minutes getting there.

I think the current internet scene is over rated, especially Adultwork, far too many Romanian lowlifes and headless photos.  :thumbsdown:

I certainly agree that the overall quality of girls on AW has deteriorated over the last 3 years or so. No question about it. I'd still rather have it than nothing, though I do wish someone would give it a run for its money, a la MySpace v. Facebook or PN v. UKP.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I certainly agree that the overall quality of girls on AW has deteriorated over the last 3 years or so. No question about it. I'd still rather have it than nothing, though I do wish someone would give it a run for its money, a la MySpace v. Facebook or PN v. UKP.

If anyone started a rival site to Adultwork we would still have the same problems with false profiles and scams, profit would be their main motivation, very few people would run a site just to benefit punters, I certainly wouldn't.   :hi:

Offline Wilson85

I've only started punting recently, so there aren't any major regrets yet.
As for looking back and thinking about money spent, I take the view that you did what you wanted or felt you needed at that time. Looking back with regrets is a sort of bad, negative nostalgia. In my punting life and wider life I try to avoid looking back with remorse or regrets.

This site has been invaluble for a newbie punter. Living a sheltered life I wouldn't know where brothels are, or where decent indies work.
With UKP I have enough prossies to try each month well into the new year. Hopefully there won't be any regrets then.

Type_O_Negative

My punting career is only 11 months old - so next month i will celebrate my first anniversary in this business  :wacko:
I looked at my budget and it looks like "punting activity" will cost me £1.5k - £2k per year. No, i don't feel regrets about this money. Some people spend more on cigarettes, alcohol or...drugs...

I would spend more on punting but my - i would say - main hobby is very expensive too. It's photography. And my shopping list in this department is again longer - after last Photokina (it will finish tomorrow huh). I wouldn't give up with photography...

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I expect from Jimmyredcab's comments he will be annoucing his retirment from being a punter 'ere long. The WG's up and down the land will hold a massive day of affection to commemorate the event and passing of an age;((.

As to Punting moi;?, well just wish it'd been more available years ago when younger, but would have cost a small bloody fortune i'm sure. Overall yes, some very good ones, some not so good, some regret over a WG I devloped a really soft spot for and wished it could have been - but it never could.

And still quite a few ladies on the list that need working thru or over:-)

Just hope they don't retire before I get a roundtuit!.

Offline smiths

As you look back over your punting life and you add up what you've spent, do you feel any regrets?

That you could have bought a new car, televisin, furniture etc with the money you've spent on WGs?

None whatsoever apart from with the bad punts of course. I have lived my sexual fantasies and have a brain full of memories. Its been money very well spent, not that i have lost out on other things i wanted, i just bought them as well.

Offline smiths

I agree, A/W can be like wading knee high in shit to find a gem, but of course using this site can help with that. I despise the low lifes that run A/W who have no interest in helping punters like this site does, but like you i would rather have it than not if there wasnt an immediate replacement which as we know there isnt.

Offline smiths

Of course they haven't all been gorgeous over 30 years. In the bad old days you went up into a walk-up and all you knew for sure was that there was a prostitute in the room. However, we're all different - I can see that facial attractiveness is very important to you (you insist, fair enough, on face pix), but attitude, service and, of course, hygiene are all more important to me.
Each to their own, but I would rather have a fantastic BJ from an average-looking girl, that a disinterested one from a stunner.
There used to be a Scottish prostitute in Peter St, years ago, who wasn't attractive and wasn't young, but in the age of universal covered oral in Soho, she would do you a really great OWO to completion, and I went time and again. And, yes, closed my eyes.

Absolutely, more than half my over 30 years punting was pre-net, it was always pot luck who i met though i wasnt at all fussy in those days so very rarely walked, finding the WG attractive wasnt necessary then, i cant get it up with such WGs nowadays.

By using this site a punter has a far better chance then i did back then especially if punting in an area like London, though as ever there are no guarantees in punting of course.

Ben4454

I firmly believe that life is all about experiences than material possessions.

When you look back at the good times in your life do you look back at that expensive television you purchased or do you look back at that hot girl that you fucked ? Or that experience you had that blew you away ?

In this respect I have no regrets.

Offline 385North

I sometimes dawdle if I’m killing time pre-punt, especially if browsing in shops where I’m more likely to consider spending the £100+ budget I’ve allocated for sex on a luxury item I’ve just spotted instead. However, I never have any remorse post punt about the money I’ve spent. Usually I leave with such a huge grin on my face for 2-3 days afterwards which proves it was money well spent. I only regret spending cash on extortionate cinema fees to watch mediocre films, or shelling out £100+ on designer clothes which then shrink in the wash, etc.

Experiences stay with you to the grave and who knows, possibly beyond. Material possessions don't. 

Offline threechilliman

I gave up smoking just before my first punt and I have to say, punting has helped me stop as it took my mind off the smoking. But it is even more expensive!

tcm

yorkshire123

My only regret is that i didn't find UKP earlier than i did then my money would have been put to better use.

whiterussian

Could of bought a house with what I spent on prossies over the last 20 years.  Don't care really, its the experience that counts :thumbsup:

tonysoprano

No regrets, I like shagging and am prepared to pay for it. When I've had a GF's I find I end up spending nearly as much on presents, meals, holidays, etc.

I also make sure I spend what I can easily afford without getting into debt

Offline akauya

Excellent post Sedlmayer. I think most of us who have been punting since the pre-internet days will agree with what you said. The internet and forums like this have changed the punting scene enormously. I wish in those days we had something like UKP, it would saved me not only loads of money but time wasted on many shit punts as well.

Having said that, however, recently I found myself willing to spend more money on punting than I did before because now I have the confidence to find a good prossie thanks to the reviews and advice from trusted members here. Before I was ultra cautious in case I made a mistake and ended up with a bad one.

squeezebox

No regrets as I spend disposable income only and once its gone its gone. If I have a win when gambling or a windfall, then I'll spend that too.  It's a punting hobby for me after all.   :music:

It's great to look back on the positive and more satisfying sexual experiences over the years. For me to enjoy the process, I have to shelve the poor ones and can thank UKP for helping with research on how to avoid those nowadays.   :thumbsup:

I'm now waiting for my old pension pots to be released in 2016 so I can get stuck in even more!