Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punters and the police  (Read 8340 times)

Offline pewpewpew

Funny as the police are supposed to protect the public. I've never had a run in with the police myself but know people who have. I believe that policing is something that people get into when they don't have any other career path available to them and they have a certain incliniation to beating up minorities. Gone are the days when someone wanted to better the community

Offline Marmalade

Have to say I'm quite horrified at the stories of English police.  I'm sure there's a lot of good men and women on the force but it seems also quite a lot of thugs.

Funny as the police are supposed to protect the public. I've never had a run in with the police myself but know people who have. I believe that policing is something that people get into when they don't have any other career path available to them and they have a certain incliniation to beating up minorities. Gone are the days when someone wanted to better the community

I'm very pleased to live in Scotland. Apart from the odd gay cunt from Glasgow, our police generally live up to their fine reputation.

Even Walt Disney says so.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline cueball

Hidden Image/Members Only

Is that the chap from the specsavers ad?

No wonder the dog looks apprehensive... it's about to get sheered as a sheep  :D

Offline Chorley

I've had some dealings with police over the years.
The vast majority have appeared professional, hard working and pleasant.
However, I've also met some who are arrogant, rude, aggressive and disdainful towards me and my friends.
Guess which ones I remember the most?

Offline Marmalade

Is that the chap from the specsavers ad?

No wonder the dog looks apprehensive... it's about to get sheered as a sheep  :D

Yeah something like that. The story is part of 'Scottish history-cum-legend'. About a policeman whose dog was so devoted he wouldn't move from his dead master's grave so they made a nice wee statute for him so tourists could come and go "ahhhhhh isn't he cute eh -- look at his wee nose!"

The real policeman was an actual real deal, a really decent guy; but the adventures of the 'Greyfriars Bobby' (the dog) is distantly related to the three-legged haggis. (fuck it, we never said it was true...)  :cool:

Offline bugsybum

You say that but every weekend I see kids being a dick to plod and every Saturday football fans being a dick to plod and they just stand there taking it.

Maggie Thatcher had the right approach with her instruction to plod in how to deal with the miners

Slaggie Thatcher is where she belongs. In the ground, chewing soil. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Marmalade

I got to thinking about this over my coffee and I reckon there are good and bad but also regional variations.

I've lived in England for a while at times and can only recall one encounter with the police where I'd say they were polite, pleasant and respectful. Mostly they seemed to act as if they were in charge of running the country.

In Scotland I can't think of a single incident where the police have been impolite to me. Even when I was once pulled over for a motoring offence they unbelievably polite. They act as if they know their place: employees of the people.

The police are paid by you and me and each and every one of us. That makes them our employees. There is never any excuse for them to act in a surly manner while on duty.