Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Profiteering?  (Read 1297 times)

Online JontyR

In the spirit of get one in before the lockdown starts I was scrolling down the hotlist and I noticed an SP who didn't seem to have been that active recently lit in green. "Yeah," I thought, "that'll do nicely." And I was all geared up for a tinkle on the punting phone until I noticed that her rate had upped by £50. (and she was up at the upper end of the scale anyway)

I've always been on of the opinion that the price that someone chooses to charge is up to them, and it is up to me whether I wish to pay it. Here, I saved that 50 notes.  But I did wonder whether this price was an attempt to either a) make the risk worthwhile  b) maximise income before hibernation or c) making the most of an )or potential) increase in demand.

I do on occasion as part of due diligence cam with girls who I am interested in seeing. But I noticed that all the normally well rounded rates (prices ending in .99 or.50 or .00 etc) had all of a sudden gone skewiff. A bit of fag packet calculation sees that the rates of one that I knew of has been raised by about 19%. Now is this tax? Is this shared with the providers? Is there an increase in oncosts? Or is it again an increase cashing in ahead of lockdown? 

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Offline RandomGuy99

Probably a combination of extra time/cost required to clean up after bookings and b) maximise income before lockdown. You can't really blame people for doing it.

A bit like Surge pricing with Uber.

You'd probably do the same if you were her.

Offline B4bcock

A bit like Surge pricing with Uber.

Very similar.  You could call this Urge pricing.

Offline Vic69

• Service Provider
In the spirit of get one in before the lockdown starts I was scrolling down the hotlist and I noticed an SP who didn't seem to have been that active recently lit in green. "Yeah," I thought, "that'll do nicely." And I was all geared up for a tinkle on the punting phone until I noticed that her rate had upped by £50. (and she was up at the upper end of the scale anyway)

I've always been on of the opinion that the price that someone chooses to charge is up to them, and it is up to me whether I wish to pay it. Here, I saved that 50 notes.  But I did wonder whether this price was an attempt to either a) make the risk worthwhile  b) maximise income before hibernation or c) making the most of an )or potential) increase in demand.

I do on occasion as part of due diligence cam with girls who I am interested in seeing. But I noticed that all the normally well rounded rates (prices ending in .99 or.50 or .00 etc) had all of a sudden gone skewiff. A bit of fag packet calculation sees that the rates of one that I knew of has been raised by about 19%. Now is this tax? Is this shared with the providers? Is there an increase in oncosts? Or is it again an increase cashing in ahead of lockdown? 

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

We recently had a message from AW informing us they were putting VAT on everything from 1 November....so all camming, photos etc are going to be more expensive as are all our advertising AT, phone number display etc have increased, this is on top of the 40% they take from our camming money.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:33:32 am by Vic69 »

Online JontyR

We recently had a message from AW informing us they were putting VAT on everything from 1 November....so all camming, photos etc are going to be more expensive as are all our advertising AT, phone number display etc have increased, this is on top of the 40% they take from our camming money.

I did wonder about that, but vat provided a price hike a while back. Has the rate of vat gone up? Thank you for the insight, very helpful.

Edit.
Ahhh or are they now charging vat for services provided to SPs and are passing on the cost?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:42:00 am by JontyR »

Offline Vic69

• Service Provider
I did wonder about that, but vat provided a price hike a while back. Has the rate of vat gone up? Thank you for the insight, very helpful.

Edit.
Ahhh or are they now charging vat for services provided to SPs and are passing on the cost?

I think VAT has already been on photos and videos, but now it's been applied to camming.  :scare:

Offline RandomGuy99

Edit.
So there's now VAT on shagging?

Can I get some Nectar points?

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

Yes from 1st November VAT has been added to all prices on AW including the admin fee for transfering the credits into cash, display number is now 1.19 and everything else paid for on the site has gone up in a similar manner. The admin fee for the 'cash in' transfer of credits out of the site is 30% adding VAT takes that to around 36%.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
I think VAT has already been on photos and videos, but now it's been applied to camming.  :scare:

As I understand VAT was on movies, but not private galleries. VAT is now on everything, for service seekers too. The set up fee for each call, cam for example - all now have a VAT component. The VAT part is not passed on to the provider, plus the provider has the increased prices including the VAT added to the fee for withdrawing credits. No-one wins.

Offline Mr Sinister

Probably a combination of extra time/cost required to clean up after bookings and b) maximise income before lockdown. You can't really blame people for doing it.

They don't clean anything or at least probably do it half heartedly.
Probably trying to maximise earnings not sure that is the right strategy unless you really are something special.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:50:56 pm by Mr Sinister »

Offline RandomGuy99

They don't clean anything or at least probably do it half heartedly.
Probably trying to maximise earnings not sure that is the right strategy unless you really are something special.
You've obviously had a different experience than me. I have a less pessimistic view of SPs.

I've observed the extra cleaning procedures that SPs have implemented to attempt to minimise the risks associated with COVID19. It's in the interest of all parties to do the extra cleaning.