Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Couple accused of modern slavery and human trafficking appear in court  (Read 305 times)

Online scutty brown

Romanians in Mansfield this time

External Link/Members Only

A couple from Mansfield accused of modern slavery and human trafficking offences have had strict conditions imposed upon them at court.

Mansfield Magistrates’ Court approved the application by the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) for an interim Slavery and Trafficking Risk Order (STRO) against Romanian nationals Dragos Istrate and Denisa Hoamea.

Istrate, 25, and Hoamea, 22, both of Carter Lane, Mansfield, must now follow the conditions set out in the STRO or face criminal prosecution for any breaches.

Conditions approved by the court on Friday, February 12, mean that the pair have been ordered not to threaten or intimidate vulnerable people or witnesses.

Istrate and Hoamea must not arrange travel or transport into or within the UK for anyone other than their immediate family, including for work.

They are also prevented from arranging or helping to find employment for anyone other than themselves, and renting or sub-letting any accommodation to anyone other than their immediate family.

Both must inform the GLAA of any change of address and allow access for officers to check that the order is being complied with.

They must equally not engage or coerce anyone else into carrying out any of the instructions listed above on their behalf.

The order is in place until a trial for the full STRO is held later in the year.

GLAA Senior Investigating Officer Dave Powell said: “This is the second live investigation where we have active STROs, and they have so far proven to be an effective tool in reducing the risk of labour exploitation.

Offline badsin

I doubt they got caught on their first and only time of committing this offence. I would suggest this is much more widespread than any of us would think.
I can't see why they aren't deported?

Online scutty brown

I doubt they got caught on their first and only time of committing this offence. I would suggest this is much more widespread than any of us would think.
I can't see why they aren't deported?

I think they want to jail these two

Offline kuck

OP, on the subject of trafficking, are there any good charities that you know of that are worth contributing to? A google search returns quite a few results.

Online scutty brown

OP, on the subject of trafficking, are there any good charities that you know of that are worth contributing to? A google search returns quite a few results.

No I don't, not something I've ever really looked at.
The Sally Army have the contract for emergency housing of girls who need a place of safety, but other than that I'm not aware of any charity that can make a difference. There are a number of campaigning groups who seem to do SFA, and small groups who try to raise public awareness (for example there's a Catholic group in Lancashire that goes round the local street markets in a converted double decker bus) but I don't know any charity that actually achieves anything - except the Salvation Army

Offline kuck

No I don't, not something I've ever really looked at.
The Sally Army have the contract for emergency housing of girls who need a place of safety, but other than that I'm not aware of any charity that can make a difference. There are a number of campaigning groups who seem to do SFA, and small groups who try to raise public awareness (for example there's a Catholic group in Lancashire that goes round the local street markets in a converted double decker bus) but I don't know any charity that actually achieves anything - except the Salvation Army

:drinks:

Haven't done a lot of research yet, but am now considering donating to External Link/Members Only

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10