Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sexual role play polling 2021  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Fuggedaboutit

Please don't use my personal opinions to further your argument without doing some research first.

15 video game inspired crimes is 15 too many, Again this is my personal opinion.

External Link/Members Only

It was by means of an illustration. Sorry if that offends. As to video games, that is surely the absolute minority, and makes headlines because of it's rarity, as the article you link to itself points out -

"The stories, characters, and gameplay are time sinks. Pretty harmless, too. And yet, each month, someone new tries to claim violent video games are the cause for violent crimes, including killing people. Countless research studies have concluded that violent video games, in fact, do not breed criminals. These individuals are already wired wrong. Something inside their brain has come loose. Video games are simply their favorite hobby. Like most of us these days.

These crimes, albeit inspired or caused by video games, are on the people who committed them. No one else. Not the game developers, publishers, or advertisements. These people actively chose to ignore real-life consequences in the pursuit of the next level or achievement. It’s disheartening to see the industry under such scrutiny.

Whether it’s Grand Theft Auto or Manhunt, in-game depictions are just that, in-game. They’re not real-life learning tools. This isn’t an online course in how to slaughter the masses. They’re meant to be entertainment… escapism. Nothing more than that. If you’ve ever thought about trying to steal a car because Franklin does it on a whim, think again. Think long and hard about it. The results are often life-changing for all those involved"

"They’re meant to be entertainment… escapism. Nothing more than that."  Seems like a good enough phrase for role play.

I guess that while I also don't necessarily agree with the OP's role play scenario, I also don't agree with judgmental kink shaming. To paraphrase the quote usually attributed to Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you get up to between consenting adults, but I will defend to the death your right to do it"
Banned reason: Obsessed with discussing drugs despite previous temp ban
Banned by: daviemac

Offline RedKettle

I guess that while I also don't necessarily agree with the OP's role play scenario, I also don't agree with judgmental kink shaming. To paraphrase the quote usually attributed to Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you get up to between consenting adults, but I will defend to the death your right to do it"

but most of us said that he is free to do what he wants with a consenting adult - most of us just said that we would not do it and found it disturbing etc.  It was him that said we were close minded.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
It was by means of an illustration. Sorry if that offends. As to video games, that is surely the absolute minority, and makes headlines because of it's rarity, as the article you link to itself points out -

"The stories, characters, and gameplay are time sinks. Pretty harmless, too. And yet, each month, someone new tries to claim violent video games are the cause for violent crimes, including killing people. Countless research studies have concluded that violent video games, in fact, do not breed criminals. These individuals are already wired wrong. Something inside their brain has come loose. Video games are simply their favorite hobby. Like most of us these days.

These crimes, albeit inspired or caused by video games, are on the people who committed them. No one else. Not the game developers, publishers, or advertisements. These people actively chose to ignore real-life consequences in the pursuit of the next level or achievement. It’s disheartening to see the industry under such scrutiny.

Whether it’s Grand Theft Auto or Manhunt, in-game depictions are just that, in-game. They’re not real-life learning tools. This isn’t an online course in how to slaughter the masses. They’re meant to be entertainment… escapism. Nothing more than that. If you’ve ever thought about trying to steal a car because Franklin does it on a whim, think again. Think long and hard about it. The results are often life-changing for all those involved"

"They’re meant to be entertainment… escapism. Nothing more than that."  Seems like a good enough phrase for role play.

For the last time, I have made my feelings on this very clear and I am entitles to voice my opinion. However you can try and justify something I find unacceptable all you want, my opinion is my opinion and that is what I have stated all along on this thread.

This is going round is circles, you stated role play or 'escapism' has no effect on real life, I have showed it does. Therefore leave me out of it from here on.

Offline golden bull

The video game anology is a nonsense comparison. Playing video game as you say is escapism. Most people don’t get a hard on playing video games.
Most people won’t be able to get a boner if their daughter pops into their head.
To get a boner with thoughts of your daughter/ mum is just plain weird.