Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2021-22 football season  (Read 41414 times)

Offline mr.bluesky

i cant imagine there is a club in the premier who would employ the special one  even if he paid them, a strange post indeed.

Like I said the special one's star has waned meaning he is not the manager he once was. I would imagine Rooney with big Dunc as his number 2 would be the best option. That would certainly get the fans on their side.

Offline Gordon Bennett

And only an out of work and desperate Manager would want the Everton job  :unknown:
Since Moyes left in June 13 they have had 10 managers in that 8 and a half years, make it 11 with the new signing

Another name mentioned on the radio today was Graham Potter but all the pundits said he would be mad to leave Brighton who are 9th and he's doing quite a good job too so relatively safe whereas Everton is a slaying ground for managers

Brighton fans were restless and disgruntled just a couple of weeks ago and Potter was less than impressed with them. I'd say it'd be 50/50 he'd go to Everton.

Chelsea go through managers at a rate of knots and win things regularly. The average managerial tenure in English football is less than two years. The key thing Everton have fucked up is their recruitment - I don't see that launching managers is necessarily the problem at Goodison.

Offline nwluvit

Benitez was on a hiding to nothing. Bet he now wishes he waited for the Newcastle job. Still can't believe the sale went through. NUFC Still need a couple of goalscorers and need to score more thyan 1 goal per game to have any chance of staying up.

Online webpunter

If they don't start improving soon this job may become available
Assuming the magpies have intentions of staying up
If however they are thinking along the lines of relegation Howe would be a better fit to get them back up 

Benitez was on a hiding to nothing. Bet he now wishes he waited for the Newcastle job. Still can't believe the sale went through. NUFC Still need a couple of goalscorers and need to score more thyan 1 goal per game to have any chance of staying up.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Just been on the news that Everton have made an approach for one of their former Managers to come back -

Roberto Martinez who currently manages the Belgium National side and are currently ranked as No.1 in the FIFA rankings  :scare:

Tough call that for Roberto, either stick with the worlds best ranked international side or return to Merseyside to manage a club that's down on it's luck and over spent  :sarcastic:

Offline Thephoenix

Apart from the salary and payout Benitez will probably get, from a personal point of view I feel a bit sorry for the guy
As a manager you can only work with the players available.
I've met him quite a few times as he lives nearby, and although he appears rather dour and aloof, in person he's quite friendly and personable.
Since first moving to Merseyside, he's maintained his family home and his wife Maria and daughters have settled into the local area. The girls even speak with a Merseyside accent.
Maria's been nicknamed 'The Angel of Kindness' for her generous charity work around Merseyside.

I believe Martinez has been approached to manage Everton for a second time, but with their position in the league it could be a poison chalice.
Give the job to big Dunc. At least he's a fan's favourite and will stand for no nonsense from the players.

Offline dexpunt

Apart from the salary and payout Benitez will probably get, from a personal point of view I feel a bit sorry for the guy
I've met him quite a few times as he lives nearby, and although he appears rather dour and aloof, in person he's quite friendly and personable.
Since first moving to Merseyside, he's maintained his family home and his wife Maria and daughters have settled into the local area. The girls even speak with a Merseyside accent.
Maria's been nicknamed 'The Angel of Kindness' for her generous charity work around Merseyside.

I believe Martinez has been approached to manage Everton for a second time, but with their position in the league it could be a poison chalice.
Give the job to big Dunc. At least he's a fan's favourite and will stand for no nonsense from the players.

Personally I find it hard to imagine Martinez will take the job with it being a world cup year and with the squad Belgium have at the moment. They must fancy their chances of doing something significant. Which manager would give up the chance of having the WC on their CV

Online webpunter

Its good to hear of a different & positive side to football manager [& his family]

The Everton hierarchy seem intent on dismantling the club
Poor player recruitment & getting rid of backroom staff
Benitez could be relieved being sacked, get a pay-off, have the summer off & see what becomes available in europe [or the north east]

Must have made him smile hearing Liverpool fans singing his name yesterday
In 1992 when Super Leeds won the 1st division, thanks to Liverpool beating ManU, the kop sang Marching on Together to taunt them  :yahoo:
How brilliant is that !
I went to the Charity Shield against Liverpool, a superb atmosphere
Very friendly between the sets of fans, with a joint hatred of the scum

Offline pegman8

Its good to hear of a different & positive side to football manager [& his family]

Benitez could be relieved being sacked, get a pay-off, have the summer off & see what becomes available in europe [or the north east]

In 1992 when Super Leeds won the 1st division, thanks to Liverpool beating ManU, the kop sang Marching on Together to taunt them  :yahoo:
How brilliant is that !

Perhaps I can add some facts on "the scum" that you often refer to.
I say this as a supporter of a National League club.
Back in the early 70's football hooliganism was at its greatest. Every team had their share, but some were worse than others. Amongst the worst were, in no particular order,
Everton, Liverpool, Birmingham City, Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff City, Sunderland Manchester United and Bradford Park Avenue (remember them?). Many others were regularly involved but none were as bad as the supporters of the team that wrecked a train on their way back from London one Saturday. Those fans belonged to Leeds United and they were referred to in the press the following day as "scum".
How anyone who supports Leeds can refer to other supporters by this name is bewildering.
The fans in those days perhaps had an excuse owing to the often aggressive behaviour of the players they were watching. Great players like Billy Bremner, Norman (bite your legs) Hunter, Terry Yorath, Jack Charlton and Johnny Giles. Yes these were really good players, but often played outside the spirit and laws of the game.
I hope this helps to clear the name of "scum" as the supporters of these clubs today don't deserve the branding given them by their predecessors.

Offline shed

I was very sceptical about Rooney as a manager but he has done a good job at Derby under difficult circumstances.

He needs to show consistency now Rooney with results over a full season not just a few games. Hopefully he will become a young manager who has potential to go further. Lampard made the mistake of moving too early when he went to Chelsea.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Big Ron (Atkinson)
Big Sam (Allardyce)
Big Dunc (an Ferguson)

Any other Big sobriquets that are widely used and accepted for footballers?

Offline suttonporksword

How brilliant is that !

It's so brilliant that dirty leeds have won nothing since.
United 11 premier league titles
2 champions league
4 fa cups and an unprecedented treble in 99

Keep marching on together and enjoy your only success since 1974

Online webpunter

I will keep marching on together thank-you

Have you actually been to OldT ?  :D
For such a large stadium lacking in atmosphere
Occasionally the fans sing a song, like the 12 cantonas of xmas b o llocks
Other than that pretty much sweetFA

Why is it that blokes seem to offer an apology when asking them who they support, followed with err ... ManU
Its a national sport ripping it out of ManU & their fans
90%+ WhatsA hilarious memes are on ManU, people are creative

I like watching teams such as Liverpool, Chelsea & Citeh [especially Citeh] & even Spurs play
@ ManU its dull
Other than for when things aren't going very well & the players chuck their toys outta the pram
They seem to have even given up doing this, CBA
Ronaldo is the exception, worth watching him when he's motivated & the team are playing to his strengths

You crack on & enjoy being a ManU fan, even a plastic one [its hard to tell who the real ones are]

TTFN  ;)

2 champions league

Online webpunter

Point taken, i'll drop the use of the s word
A great quote from George Best

Perhaps I can add some facts on "the scum" that you often refer to.
I say this as a supporter of a National League club.
Back in the early 70's football hooliganism was at its greatest. Every team had their share, but some were worse than others. Amongst the worst were, in no particular order,
Everton, Liverpool, Birmingham City, Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff City, Sunderland Manchester United and Bradford Park Avenue (remember them?). Many others were regularly involved but none were as bad as the supporters of the team that wrecked a train on their way back from London one Saturday. Those fans belonged to Leeds United and they were referred to in the press the following day as "scum".
How anyone who supports Leeds can refer to other supporters by this name is bewildering.
The fans in those days perhaps had an excuse owing to the often aggressive behaviour of the players they were watching. Great players like Billy Bremner, Norman (bite your legs) Hunter, Terry Yorath, Jack Charlton and Johnny Giles. Yes these were really good players, but often played outside the spirit and laws of the game.
I hope this helps to clear the name of "scum" as the supporters of these clubs today don't deserve the branding given them by their predecessors.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Stretfordender

2 champions league

Since 1992
13 Premier league titles
5 fa cups

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:48:30 pm by Stretfordender »

Online webpunter

I had a double take on your user nic  :D

I admire Sir Alex
With stuff like Fergie Time
& his battles with Arsehole "sorry i didn't see it" Whinger
& when players rub up against Fergie there is only one winner
Since he stepped down as manager ManU are like an english country house slowly falling into disrepair 
Tho retaining a certain faded elegance
Have a look around the stadium & see if you can find a blue plaque  ;)

Since 1992
13 Premier league titles
5 fa cups

Online webpunter

Offline suttonporksword

I will keep marching on together thank-you

Have you actually been to OldT ?  :D
For such a large stadium lacking in atmosphere
Occasionally the fans sing a song, like the 12 cantonas of xmas b o llocks
Other than that pretty much sweetFA

Why is it that blokes seem to offer an apology when asking them who they support, followed with err ... ManU
Its a national sport ripping it out of ManU & their fans
90%+ WhatsA hilarious memes are on ManU, people are creative

I like watching teams such as Liverpool, Chelsea & Citeh [especially Citeh] & even Spurs play
@ ManU its dull
Other than for when things aren't going very well & the players chuck their toys outta the pram
They seem to have even given up doing this, CBA
Ronaldo is the exception, worth watching him when he's motivated & the team are playing to his strengths

You crack on & enjoy being a ManU fan, even a plastic one [its hard to tell who the real ones are]

TTFN  ;)

Have had seadon tickets over many years, close friends of relatives who survived Munich, watched them play in over 25 british grounds and countless abroad since the early 80s . Hope that qualifies me for an opinion in your eyes.

Online WARSZAWA16

Online webpunter

Just about !
I stand corrected
 :hi:

Have had seadon tickets over many years, close friends of relatives who survived Munich, watched them play in over 25 british grounds and countless abroad since the early 80s . Hope that qualifies me for an opinion in your eyes.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

A remarkable achievement by Fulham, the first team to score six goals in three consecutive games in 88 years. That is some scoring feat and they have a goal difference of + 47 with almost half a season left.

Offline mr.bluesky

A remarkable achievement by Fulham, the first team to score six goals in three consecutive games in 88 years. That is some scoring feat and they have a goal difference of + 47 with almost half a season left.

It is a remarkable achievement  but they better make the most of it because when they get promoted back to the Premier League they will find opposition defences a lot tougher as teams like Norwich have found out. It is time relegated clubs stop getting parachute payments after relegation from the Premier league as teams like Fulham, Norwich, Bournemouth , West Brom, just yoyo between the two leagues.  A constant cycle of promotion then relegation.

Offline Rick2468

It is a remarkable achievement  but they better make the most of it because when they get promoted back to the Premier League they will find opposition defences a lot tougher as teams like Norwich have found out. It is time relegated clubs stop getting parachute payments after relegation from the Premier league as teams like Fulham, Norwich, Bournemouth , West Brom, just yoyo between the two leagues.  A constant cycle of promotion then relegation.

The last few seasons that Fulham have been in the Premiership they have set out to attack which is commendable but it meant they got turned over too many times by superior opposition. They will have to change their style when they are next in the Premiership. Also not convinced that Mitrovic will adapt to the Premier League (I might eat my words on that). I want to see Fulham go up as an away day to Craven Cottage on a Saturday or Sunday is one of my favourite away days.

Offline mr.bluesky

The last few seasons that Fulham have been in the Premiership they have set out to attack which is commendable but it meant they got turned over too many times by superior opposition. They will have to change their style when they are next in the Premiership. Also not convinced that Mitrovic will adapt to the Premier League (I might eat my words on that). I want to see Fulham go up as an away day to Craven Cottage on a Saturday or Sunday is one of my favourite away days.

Assuming Mitrovic stays at Fulham and is not tempted away to a bigger club next season  :unknown:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Fulham should never have gone down last season with the squad they had - Scott Parker is a duff manager. If they had stayed up and retained some of the loan players they let go after being relegated I suspect they'd have been top 8 in prem right now.

They will almost certainly go up and with 30K crowds due to their new big posh stand they could well settle into being permanent fixtures in the prem.

Looking at tables there is a distinct possibility that next seasons prem will contain Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, W.Ham, Palace, Brentford, Fulham and maybe QPR. 8 London teams in top flight would surely be a record. I suppose its a sign of the gentrification of football, no longer the preserve of the working class Northern man.

Offline suttonporksword

I remember in 88-89 there were 7 London clubs in the old first division- arsenal,  Tottenham, millwall, charlton, Wimbledon, QPR and west ham.

Offline stevedave

I remember in 88-89 there were 7 London clubs in the old first division- arsenal,  Tottenham, millwall, charlton, Wimbledon, QPR and west ham.

There we're also 22 teams in the division.

Offline catweazle

Interesting  that Everton  go for the marquee name as manager, rather than deciding on how they want to play and finding a manager who fits that template.  Bringing in a previous player (Rooney) doesn't always work, look at when Liverpool went back to Dalglish the second time around.   That's why I don't necessarily expect Gerrard to succeed Klopp, unless he really  proves himself at Villa.

Offline suttonporksword

There we're also 22 teams in the division.

It was 20 clubs in 88-89 only went to 22 in 91/92 before it was cut back down to 20 in 95

Offline Rick2468

It's been reported in a few places that Luis Suarez would consider a move to Aston Villa as Gerrard is there. He's 34 now but he would be a great coup for them. If Villa get Coutinho and Suarez playing for them I would be jealous.

Offline shed

No way Suarez will go to Villa. That's the Holt End fantasizing Gerrard will bring his previous buddies to the club. Gerrard's honeymoon period will be over anytime soon and hopefully he will get the sack.  :sarcastic:

Offline mr.bluesky

No way Suarez will go to Villa. That's the Holt End fantasizing Gerrard will bring his previous buddies to the club. Gerrard's honeymoon period will be over anytime soon and hopefully he will get the sack.  :sarcastic:

I take it your not a Villa fan then  :unknown:

Offline shed

I take it your not a Villa fan then  :unknown:

Now what made you think that then

Online webpunter

Players are always mentioned as being interested in different clubs
Same as clubs looking at players
Its all about the agent driving up the players wages & his commission
Every year the gooners get linked with just about everyone.  And are nowhere near  :D

Carlos has made it known over the past week that he wants to join Newcastle
Funny that
Coz he can extract much more ££ than from any other club, which most likely includes a bonus if they stay up
External Link/Members Only
Hopefully things drag along & he can't play @ Bell End Road on the w/e

Offline Thephoenix

Why?

Online webpunter

He does nothing to help dispel the myth that brummies are thick as  :D

Why?

Offline chrishornx

He does nothing to help dispel the myth that brummies are thick as  :D

who doesn't ?

Online webpunter

Please try & keep up  :D

PS - have added DanielleG per your most recent review to my HL
Milfy ✅ blondie ✅ stacked ✅✅

who doesn't ?

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I’m a Villa fan and the Suarez stuff is all paper talk, probably generated by his Mr 10%. If every team signed every player that they were linked with in the silly season of the transfer window then there would be some very large squads around! Trouble is fans read that their club is linked with player X and believe it to be true. Sometimes it is true, Coutinho is a good example of this but 90% of the time the rumours are utter bollocks.

Offline mr.bluesky

I see Ronaldo threw his Teddy out of the pram yesterday after being substituted with 20 minutes remaining of the match against  Leicester. When is this petulant prick going to grow up  :unknown:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:07:19 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

Please try & keep up  :D

PS - have added DanielleG per your most recent review to my HL
Milfy ✅ blondie ✅ stacked ✅✅

What team does she play for  :D

Offline shaft10

I see Ronaldo threw his Teddy out of the pram yesterday after being substituted with 20 minutes remaining of the match against  Leicester. When is this petulant prick going to grow up  :unknown:

Must of been watching a different game, Utd payed Leicester in October  :unknown:

Offline dexpunt

Must of been watching a different game, Utd payed Leicester in October  :unknown:

Last Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Football not your strong point I take it

Offline lillythesavage

That was a very different Spurs team, winning in injury time is usually losing :yahoo:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Last Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Football not your strong point I take it

It definitely isn't your strong point, they were playing Brentford at Brentford last night, not Leicester, it even tells you at the bottom of the picture you posted that it's Brentford.   :unknown:

Offline shed

Why?

Thought you would pop up again  :sarcastic:. JJF as a villa fan gave the reason.

Offline shed

Name me a  world class player and winner who doesn't mind being substituted  :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Name me a  world class player and winner who doesn't mind being substituted  :unknown:
Gareth Bale doesn't like being substituted as that would mean he would have had to of actually played to begin with, fucks up his golf apparently  :rolleyes: