Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Don't see Julie Bindel commenting on this...  (Read 639 times)

Danger!WillRobinson

After all, why should she? It's not the "patriarchy" exploiting vulnerable women....

External Link/Members Only

Offline S.X. MacHine

Well, if La Bindel wants prostitution criminalised because some girls in the industry are pimped and exploited, she must logically campaign for the criminalisation of nail bars. Right?

Danger!WillRobinson

Well, if La Bindel wants prostitution criminalised because some girls in the industry are pimped and exploited, she must logically campaign for the criminalisation of nail bars. Right?

"Logic" and "Bindel" are not words that go together...

Autopunter

Nail bars are used by women, and women are wonderful (this is an actually sociological effect), while punters are icky little men in grubby macs who need to be persecuted.

Actually, forced labour (or just slavery if you like) is a thing across lots of sectors, its just the sex industry gets it in the neck more because (a) you can show lots of pictures of attractive women wearing very little/pictures of crying female victims, and (b) most people don't think too hard about why their jeans at Primark cost £10 and who picked those tomatoes/grew those coffee beans they get so cheaply.

Put another way, it gets more clicks when its us than when its a story about a bunch of guys sweating out in some field somewhere. La Bindel also couldn't give a shit about suffering, unless its to something that has a vagina attached.

Danger!WillRobinson

Nail bars are used by women, and women are wonderful (this is an actually sociological effect), while punters are icky little men in grubby macs who need to be persecuted.

Precisely. I also doubt the Mumsnet users who lurk will see it as the rank hypocrisy it is. "Oh, but I'm making myself look pretty, I'm not oppressing the opposite sex"

Offline Chorley

Actually, forced labour (or just slavery if you like) is a thing across lots of sectors, its just the sex industry gets it in the neck more because (a) you can show lots of pictures of attractive women wearing very little/pictures of crying female victims, and (b) most people don't think too hard about why their jeans at Primark cost £10 and who picked those tomatoes/grew those coffee beans they get so cheaply.

Put another way, it gets more clicks when its us than when its a story about a bunch of guys sweating out in some field somewhere. La Bindel also couldn't give a shit about suffering, unless its to something that has a vagina attached.
Spot on Sir.  :thumbsup: :hi: