Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Fintech for sex workers  (Read 2024 times)

Offline sparkus

External Link/Members Only

Always nice when punting and work coincide among my interests but the article does cross-reference any number of discussions we've had on here.

Offline sparkus

It's obviously pie in the sky/laden with pitfalls to even envisage any initial/one off transaction to take place without cold hard cash.

But I can see the appeal of a closed anon wallet-based app for transactions with regulars where both parties wouldn't have any reason to doubt it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:02:16 am by sparkus »

Offline zushiboys

glad we haven't been paying them with crypto, with the recent BTC rise they would all be retired  :lol:

Offline Hobbit

glad we haven't been paying them with crypto, with the recent BTC rise they would all be retired  :lol:

Unlikely, most hookers would have blown the money before it even hit their pockets.  :D

Offline sparkus

Some questions remain about Sergei (great name for an app btw)...

Offline Mr Sinister

It's obviously pie in the sky/laden with pitfalls to even envisage any initial/one off transaction to take place without cold hard cash.

But I can see the appeal of a closed anon wallet-based app for transactions with regulars where both parties wouldn't have any reason to doubt it.

It's the future for sure and may happen one day with crypto most likely in regulated markets like Netherlands, but it's all very traceable not sure the comfortable level punters would be with that, wgs would probably get taxed once the hrmc got a sniff of it. In the nordic countries people use Swish and Mobilepay for everyday use.

Cash works better for now, easier to settle disputes too.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Cryptocurrency unfortunately is not truly anonymous. If the state (government) wants to get you or a hired tracer, they will. Even if you put your crypto through a mixer for added layers of anonymity and privacy, it would be way too much hassle just to pay for sex. Cash will always be the best bet.

Offline vindici

Cryptocurrency unfortunately is not truly anonymous. If the state (government) wants to get you or a hired tracer, they will. Even if you put your crypto through a mixer for added layers of anonymity and privacy, it would be way too much hassle just to pay for sex. Cash will always be the best bet.

Even if you pay with Monero or zCash? Do you mean that there are no anonymous cryptocurrencies? Bitcoin is not anonymous by design, but some others are supposed to be.

Online s0whatsnew?

I'd go so far as to say that the 'anonymity'  of bitcoin is a complete con.  Its designed to be the opposite of anonymous, albeit time-consuming, to trace a specific transaction to the 2x IP's involved.

Offline bops909

Unlikely, most hookers would have blown the money before it even hit their pockets.  :D

It all depends on the WG - some of them have good heads for business as well as other skills !

Offline Payyourwaymate

Even if you pay with Monero or zCash? Do you mean that there are no anonymous cryptocurrencies? Bitcoin is not anonymous by design, but some others are supposed to be.

I completely forgot about Monero, I was thinking of bitcoin when I said cryptocurrencies, silly me  :dash:.

Offline bops909

If we look at what alternatives criminals use in other contexts, there's quite a lot of interest in gift cards, especially Amazon.

Given the vast range of things you can buy on there (like just about anything that's not a car or a house)  it's probably a viable option.

Facebook is opening up Whatsapp and Instagram to allow financial transactions so that might become more of an option too.