Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Parking charges at hotel at Cardiff gate  (Read 2149 times)

Offline booboosbanana

Bastard hotel served me with parking notice for visiting and SP for 30 mins ?  :angry:

Anyone else had this and what did you do?

My thought is I was invited to the hotel by a paying guest  I saw no contract about parking, so Fuk em  :angry:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:06:41 pm by booboosbanana »

SeekingtheTruth

Bastard hotel served me with parking notice for visiting and SP for 30 mins ?

ANyone else had this and what did you do?

My thought it I was invited to the hotel by a paying guest to Fuk em

If it's the hotel I think it is you are better off using the carpark by the service station and buying something in there to get a receipt. Then if anything ever comes up you can prove you were a paying customer. I try and avoid hotel car parks for this exact reason.

Offline Steelworker

Been caught once. I think you can probably hang out and not pay but I chose to pay and avoid piles of correspondence. I hate them too.

Offline Corus Boy

Bastard hotel served me with parking notice for visiting and SP for 30 mins ?

ANyone else had this and what did you do?

My thought it I was invited to the hotel by a paying guest to Fuk em

Not at Cardiff Gate but at another hotel closeby I was caught by a CCTV parking attendant.

My crime, I was collecting a girl for an Outcall to my place, she offered to knock travel costs off if I could pick her up from her previous booking.  Seemed a good deal, save £20 and get ten minutes of 'free' get to know her time.

Pulled up outside, text her that I was there, she asked if I minded waiting while she had a shower, didn't give parking a thought.

She came out, took her home and had a great punt.

Some weeks later a 'summons' arrived complete with photos of me arriving that were time stamped, another of me sitting in the car and the girl opening the passenger door, time stamp revealed that I had been there for 25 minutes.

Appealed that I had been waiting to pick up one of their guests and was told that I should have come in to Reception and 'logged in.'

They added that they would way the charge if I would tell them the guests name and room number for that date, obviously a simple request that if my story was true I would be easily able to provide.

I paid the fine.  :drinks:

Offline Razor Boy

Thanks for the heads up mate... I will be there for the first time soon and really don’t need fine letters to be sent home, or the fine of course.
Also cheers Seeking for the parking advice  :thumbsup:

Offline HughJardon

If it's the hotel I think it is you are better off using the carpark by the service station and buying something in there to get a receipt. Then if anything ever comes up you can prove you were a paying customer. I try and avoid hotel car parks for this exact reason.

You can do that in the Toby Carvery on Cardiff Gate, just pop in & buy a coke and parking is redeemable. I believe the main Service station (where Gavin & Stacey was filmed) has an ANPR camera at the entrance, but free parking (upto 3 hours) is available round the back.

Never nice getting stung by a parking fine

Offline insignia

Do not pay do not answer letters or contact said hotel. The only people that can enforce a ticket is local council or police. These companies like parking eye will not and cannot pursue it

SeekingtheTruth

Do not pay do not answer letters or contact said hotel. The only people that can enforce a ticket is local council or police. These companies like parking eye will not and cannot pursue it

You may want to do some research before putting advice like this on here. There are more and more companies actually taking people to court if these charges. Make sure you send a letter disputing the cost of the charge and asking for a popla code. Most will drop it at this point but some will still fight you. Plenty of letter templates out there if you google it.

All depends on what company is in charge of the parking.

np500

This is all very well, but when thay have photos of a strange young attractive woman getting in your car, are we really going to argue the point, we spend thousands on this hobby, I for one ain’t too ( inconvenient as it is ) bothered about a parking ticket, pay up and hope the picture don’t get spotted by the kitchen dweller ! , bury and move on , use experience not to get another one .

Offline Corus Boy

I paid when the court paper arrived, whichever parking company it was obviously intended to collect the money.

I don't have to worry about other knowing but didn't want the hassle.

np500

Any other situation and I thought I had a chance , I’d fight it, I’ve taken a police officer all the way to court over an amber /red light argument in the past, so if I think I’m in the right I’ll take them on, no problem, but this is a situation that has to be paid off and forgotten about a s p .

Offline HughJardon

I paid when the court paper arrived, whichever parking company it was obviously intended to collect the money.

I don't have to worry about other knowing but didn't want the hassle.

I agree, why take the risk especially if your other half finds the fine and starts the interrogation process of, "why were you at so & so place for an hour and 20 minutes when you said you were off to the gym".

I've been asked by numerous people regarding paying private parking fines, and most have taken up the early payment option of say £25, rather than it linger on and perhaps result in you paying 4 x times that. If someone knows otherwise where it states you wont be pursued for the cash then I'm all ears.
But for now I say Pay up learn from your mistakes and don't dwindle on it

Offline Mikeh38

There was a court case about a year ago which basically gave the power to the likes of Parking Eye carte blanche to pursue these fines.

Pay the fine and next time park in the pub car park that is near that hotel

Offline Bonio

That hotel clearly states their parking is for patrons only. At the time of check in, you have to give your reg number. It is not rocket science. On top of that you can park free in the services for a few hours. It literally adjoins the hotel car park. Don't be surprised if they pursue it.

Offline Foxtail17

I travel around the country quite a bit and am finding more and more places are putting parking restrictions in place. Some are close to train stations etc and were getting pissed off with commuters preventing guests from parking, others with cars being dumped for weeks on end. One hotel I use in Suffolk was just approached by a company to enforce parking, no problems to speak of but chap on reception said it brought in extra income for no outlay. Hotel has a restaurant that anyone can use so just popping your reg in is easy, nobody asks any questions. It does leave a ‘trail’ of sorts though.

Offline booboosbanana

Chacking the BPAA Approved operators list "Civil Enforcement is a member but it also says they do not have debt recovery !
Check it out External Link/Members Only.

yes I am bloody minded enough to take em on but it si a case of know your enemy so will continue my research

Offline Bonio

Or try reading the signs on the gateway and fencing that you drive through next time. Or better still walk the extra 5 yards from the services car parking which is free for longer than you 30 min appointment.

Offline booboosbanana

Or try reading the signs on the gateway and fencing that you drive through next time. Or better still walk the extra 5 yards from the services car parking which is free for longer than you 30 min appointment.

What excellent advice for someone who has never been to any of these hotels for a punt let alone stayed in them.
Afraid some of us are not automitrons that can scan  notices in a millisecond whilst navigating to somewhere they have never been before.
Must be so reassuring to be able to malign those less experienced who come to the forum for mutual advice and support.
My only hope is that I can one day become as perfect as you though, hopefully not scared by the experiences that have made you such a sardonic wit  :hi:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:43:20 pm by booboosbanana »

Offline dumbo25

Thanks for the heads up on the parking.

If you can stand your ground, without having to explain to OH why you were there, then I would recommend not paying it.

They will keep sending you mail, until a final letter saying they will pursue the recovery through courts. Thats when you decide if you wanna chance it or not.

Offline Bonio

What excellent advice for someone who has never been to any of these hotels for a punt let alone stayed in them.
Afraid some of us are not automitrons that can scan  notices in a millisecond whilst navigating to somewhere they have never been before.
Must be so reassuring to be able to malign those less experienced who come to the forum for mutual advice and support.
My only hope is that I can one day become as perfect as you though, hopefully not scared by the experiences that have made you such a sardonic wit  :hi:
Quite a few assumptions there. Yes I have used that hotel and stayed there on maybe a dozen occasions. I cannot really comment on why you couldn't see the signs, they are pretty obvious in my opinion. I don't think that really is maligning you too much - but perhaps it does infer that you couldnt really be bothered about them, thought you would risk it and posted about it afterwards. And i have offered you the solution to your next 'appointment' there but if you have taken offence at that offering then you will have a blast on this forum.

Hopefully your knickers become untwisted again soon.

Offline PuntingPete

I got done at a Cardiff Bay hotel a couple of months back. I've parked there before on a number of occasions with no problem.

I genuinely didn't see the signs or the ANPR camera, it cost me £35 which I paid before it doubled to £70. I was in the wrong, I should have entered my reg no. at reception.

Lesson learnt  :rolleyes:

Offline Razor Boy

I can confirm that if you pay £1 for a parking ticket at the Toby Carvery Car Park you get three hours parking. Should be more than enough time for the average punter... just two minutes walk from the venue.

BigShyBloke

All the info you need about Private Parking Companies - External Link/Members Only

Richard_Morgan98

A year ago in June 2017 I parked for 2 and half hours at Heston Services in London to have a rest before driving back to Wales (it was 1am in the morning) .

You have to pay if staying more than 2 hours . First 2 hours is free.

A few weeks later I got a letter in the post from a private parking company , the fine was £70.  A year on , I still get occasional letters from them, the fine has gone up to about £200 now.

I just ignore the letters.  It's an invoice not a fine.

I am more annoyed that the DVLA make millions a year selling people's names and addresses to these private companies.

I'm not planning to pay the fine.  I'm past worrying about things like this.

I've never responded to the letters,

Rich

Offline booboosbanana

UPATE ON PARKING FINE.
It had been 5 months since I had the ticket.
 The more I read about thses dodgy parking companies the more I disliked them.
the last letters I received were from them pretending to be a solicitors.
 I did read adviceon a webpage to speak to the manager of the hotel . the rational is that as customers or customers customers getting tickets does effect the hotel's image and therefore their profits.
So I rang the hotel spoke to the manager who couldn't have been nicer.
 Told her I was meeting an aquaintance, gave room number and date.
She apologised for the way the parking company rips people off. She agreed I was using the hotel and should have had my reg number recorded by reception.
 She assured me sh would, even after 5 months, get the ticket revoked.
I had a letter today from the bastard parking company  withdrawing the notice.  :hi:

morgan3171

UPATE ON PARKING FINE.
It had been 5 months since I had the ticket.
 The more I read about thses dodgy parking companies the more I disliked them.
the last letters I received were from them pretending to be a solicitors.
 I did read adviceon a webpage to speak to the manager of the hotel . the rational is that as customers or customers customers getting tickets does effect the hotel's image and therefore their profits.
So I rang the hotel spoke to the manager who couldn't have been nicer.
 Told her I was meeting an aquaintance, gave room number and date.
She apologised for the way the parking company rips people off. She agreed I was using the hotel and should have had my reg number recorded by reception.
 She assured me sh would, even after 5 months, get the ticket revoked.
I had a letter today from the bastard parking company  withdrawing the notice.  :hi:

Good news for you at Christmas.

Offline dubs

Has anything changed re parking in the area of the Cardiff Gate?  I'm thinking of booking someone who works from there but don't want to risk a fine in the post.

If I register my reg at reception do they need a room number etc? 

Maybe I should pay the £15 for the services car park?

Offline jay07

That's what I did many many years ago. I think they have a few parking spaces next to hotel gates.

Offline Proton

That's what I did many many years ago. I think they have a few parking spaces next to hotel gates.
I got into an argument at the rear of a Cardiff hotel, (south of the railtrack) where they had a private section of road. Only visual difference with a single line of brown bricks crossing in the surface of the road and a small signs about five metres up a lamppost, printed in grey small print and unless I hand a ladder handy I'd never know what it was about..  Anyway I refused to except their idea of paying a fine and drove away and have never been there since, as it was impossible to see the sign or bricks in the road at night, or during good sunny daylight I'm sure.  :dash: :angry:

Offline BoobyNewbie

I just parked in the services car park and hoped for the best. Hopefully, I won’t get a ticket as I didn’t think to buy anything from any of the shops. Time will tell, I suppose  :unknown:

Offline dubs

I just parked in the services car park and hoped for the best. Hopefully, I won’t get a ticket as I didn’t think to buy anything from any of the shops. Time will tell, I suppose  :unknown:

That’s fine if you know you’re going to be there for less than 2 hours but if you go over that and the ANPR will get you.