Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: AdultWork Profile Captures and the UKP Indexing Thumbnails  (Read 903 times)

Offline PatMacGroin

I've got a couple thoughts about capturing AW profile information. They are two separate key points below, but I think they're related so it's worth discussing them both under a single thread:

1) UKP Indexing System and the Thumbnail Images of AW Main Profile Pictures

This first point is more of a question. Simply put, how does the UKP Indexing system generate the Thumbnail Images of the AW Main Profile Pictures?

I would imagine most members have noticed the thumbnail photo's displayed beneath the AW Profile Indexing at the top of each review. If you click on them they open the AW page showing the main profile picture currently held in photo slot 1, 2 or 3 for that profile.

Usually, these Thumbnails seem to be dynamic, each time the review is opened they update to show the main photo's currently displayed on that AW profile. In most cases it's even possible to continue to open the link to the full size image after the original profile has actually been closed. However, sometimes, the thumbnail seems to show a different picture to the one the link opens.

I have no idea why. Whether it's something to do with when or how the review was indexed by a UKP moderator. Or when/how the WG changes her photo's on the AW site. But here is an example:

The indexed image on the review:
Hidden Image/Members Only

The actual image pulled up by the link, as shown on the profile:

2) Capturing AW Profile Screen Shots and Adding them to Reviews

The Thumbnail point above is probably a minor bug of some sort. It's not a big deal and I doubt any of us would want to divert Admins attention from more important work to look into it.

However, I bet we can all agree that Reviews that include screen shots capturing the full AW profile page and a selection of screen shots are very useful!  :thumbsup: Whether it's just to give a quick view of what the WG looks like, so we can decide if we care about reading the review or not. Sometimes to get an idea if she has changed her services since that review occurred. But most of all to demonstrate when an AW profile has been going through some dodgy swappy swappy action.

There are a number of hardworking members that go to great efforts to capture this information as much as possible. However, UKP grows so quickly it's a huge job for just a few members to capture and post the AW profiles for all new reviews. It's too much to ask or expect.

So, is it too much to ask that when each one of us does a review, that we also follow it up with a post which includes an image of the current main profile page? Plus a few photo's of the WG taken from that profile?

It is even worth doing it for WG's that have already had photo's posted with previews reviews. It verifies that your review is for the same woman (it even means it's even easier to just quote that original photo post). Plus, it also should make it easier to spot if a profile has been swapped historically, when we are skimming over the reviews for WG's that we are interested in. If the most recent review shows the same photo's as the current profile, but the 2 or 3 (or however many) older positive reviews were actually for someone else.

If anyone has the excuse that they don't know how to do it, that they are not technically skilled enough to capture images, that is not really an excuse. This thread includes lots of advice on how to do it across several platforms with simple instructions included:
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=229168.0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:41:53 pm by PatMacGroin »

Offline theoldmaggot

I believe screenshots should be posted and I believe sinz (May be incorrect name) sometimes posts the photos/profile which I always have a greater pleasure in reading the reviews.

TOM

Offline PatMacGroin

I believe screenshots should be posted and I believe sinz (May be incorrect name) sometimes posts the photos/profile which I always have a greater pleasure in reading the reviews.

TOM

Yes, Sinz is the member I was think of that seems to do image captures for most of the reviews on the London boards. I'm not sure if he also does it for other regions though. Either way, doing that has got to be pretty time consuming so I'd imagine he'd like the rest of us to pull our weight as much as possible.

Also, AW profiles can change pretty quickly (or even disappear once they get mentioned here on UKP), if the reviewer posts their own image captures it's their confirmation that this is the WG I saw.

Offline theoldmaggot

Yes, Sinz is the member I was think of that seems to do image captures for most of the reviews on the London boards. I'm not sure if he also does it for other regions though. Either way, doing that has got to be pretty time consuming so I'd imagine he'd like the rest of us to pull our weight as much as possible.

Also, AW profiles can change pretty quickly (or even disappear once they get mentioned here on UKP), if the reviewer posts their own image captures it's their confirmation that this is the WG I saw.

I be interested to see what Admin says about this. Sounds like a lot of hard work but maybe the positive benefits will outweigh the negatives.

TOM

Offline PatMacGroin

I be interested to see what Admin says about this...

Looks like my account has been upgraded, giving me access to some moderator functions like indexing reviews. Guess admin is saying "try it out for yourself, see how you like it". Haven't had a chance yet, every new AW profile review I've read has been indexed by someone else before I get to it. So I guess there are already plenty of people on top of that.

...Sounds like a lot of hard work but maybe the positive benefits will outweigh the negatives.

My thoughts were it's less hard work for each member to add captures to his own reviews, than have a few guys doing it for the majority of other peoples. Many hands make light work, and all that...

From the response to this thread it doesn't seem like anyone's really bothered, so I guess I'll add images to my own reviews and maybe the odd other one here or there when I want the images handy for future reference.

Offline theoldmaggot

Looks like my account has been upgraded, giving me access to some moderator functions like indexing reviews. Guess admin is saying "try it out for yourself, see how you like it". Haven't had a chance yet, every new AW profile review I've read has been indexed by someone else before I get to it. So I guess there are already plenty of people on top of that.

My thoughts were it's less hard work for each member to add captures to his own reviews, than have a few guys doing it for the majority of other peoples. Many hands make light work, and all that...

From the response to this thread it doesn't seem like anyone's really bothered, so I guess I'll add images to my own reviews and maybe the odd other one here or there when I want the images handy for future reference.

Do a couple of sample reviews and post back here so we can compare.

I agree with nobody seems to be bothered comment...Lets see some samples and go from there

TOM

Offline LLPunting

The thumbnails generated when the review is indexed are cached by UKP, this is handy as it shows the "original" shots in play when the review was posted.  The underlying link is back to AW so when the profile owner changes the images around you get a different image to the thumbnail.  This conveniently reveals update/swap activity.  It would be awesome if the cached image was larger or could be hovered over to show larger so we could still see the original shots to better see if the SP has indeed swapped or is just posting different pics for themselves.

Offline LLPunting

I second the proposal that reviewers do more to identify the SP they are reviewing.  Screenshots are easy to capture and post.  Reviewers should also confirm whether the SP is the person in the photos and if different then they should substantively describe how they differ.

Offline PatMacGroin

The thumbnails generated when the review is indexed are cached by UKP, this is handy as it shows the "original" shots in play when the review was posted.  The underlying link is back to AW so when the profile owner changes the images around you get a different image to the thumbnail.  This conveniently reveals update/swap activity.  It would be awesome if the cached image was larger or could be hovered over to show larger so we could still see the original shots to better see if the SP has indeed swapped or is just posting different pics for themselves.

Thanks for the info LLP.

When you say they are cached, do you mean the thumbnails displayed with a review should represent the profile images shown at the point the review was submitted/indexed? Because that does not appear to be the way it's working.

Using my most recent review as an example. When I open it today the thumbnails displayed are not the ones the WG had showing when I posted the review. I know she didin't start adding professional images like that to her profile until atleast amonth or so after my review:

Also, they are not the pictures she has posted on AW today either. The third image is different. I'm pretty sure she changed it to the current image a few days ago:

Looking at a WG with more history. Again the current thumbnails are not the profiles photo's she was displaying when I posted my review, although they are the pictures on her current profile:

And I highly doubt they were the photos shown on her AW profile when her first review was submitted back in 2013:

So if the thumbnails are supposed to give a snap shot view of the profile images at the point the reivew is submitted/indexed that function is not quite working as intended. They seem to regularly update with the most recent images, but for some reason it's not an immediate update. Sometimes it seems to be a delayed reaction, although I haven't spotted how long the lag is between AW changing and UKP showing it. (Maybe each time an AW profile is indexed for a new review the thumbnails are updated retrospectively for every review of that ID?)

If the images have been cached somewhere maybe those original images are still accessible somewhere and a correction to the code that displays them will update them as intended?

(Again, it's not an urgent fix. Few people seem to have noticed the difference. Just pointing out how this function is working in practice, incase anyone particularly wants and expects it to work differently. I use mostly the screen captures attached to reviews as guide to how a WG's images have changed over time)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:12:49 am by PatMacGroin »

Offline LLPunting

Hmmm, if they are changing at a different rate to the updates on the profile then you'll have to ask Admin if any periodic re-indexing/flushing is going on which regenerates the thumbnails from the AW link.

Offline lopro

Great post.

Just reading through this forum https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=139714.msg1549035#msg1549035 to get an understanding of the steps done by those with appropriate privileges and it seems there is a text area to type in a profile id to kick start the index process.
- I've not done a review my self as I've largely sat back though i promise to do one on my next visit.

I suppose a change request could be that the thumbnails at the top of the review contains the image at the time of cache and the SP's current images.

I certainly agree that perhaps this wouldn't be of the highest priority.

I do like the hover over/enlarge idea as a convenience.

Offline blackburnian

Great post.

- I've not done a review my self as I've largely sat back though i promise to do one on my next visit.

Yeah yeah , heard all that shite before - if you've seen someone & she's still working and linkable post a review - you are trying to get members to use code ,offering Admin advice - yet got fuck all credibility ......  must try harder  :bomb:

Bb

Offline lopro

Yeah yeah , heard all that shite before - if you've seen someone & she's still working and linkable post a review - you are trying to get members to use code ,offering Admin advice - yet got fuck all credibility ......  must try harder  :bomb:

Bb

no worries I shall do that