Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Deposits - a rant  (Read 1009 times)

Offline dthompson88

I was on a WGs twitter there for shits n giggles. Noticed a tweet re defending her request for deposits via wiring. The amount of feckless White Knighting in the comments section;
"I don't mind paying a deposit, because I know i'm going to defo meet her."
The common sense counter-argument: "How can you be sure? What if you pay the money and she doesn't show up?"
Cracker of a response: "Would never happen, in fact, I doubt it's ever happened to any client."  :crazy: :bomb:

But the worst WK-cuntery; "Let's call no-shows what they are; thieves!! They book and don't show robbing SWs of money they would have made!!!"  :crazy: :wacko: :crazy: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

It's service provision and I have the same attitude to sexwork as any other service. No Service=No Money, Service=Money.
I don't walk into a Barbers and pay them to cut my hair a few days from now, or pay a taxi or a bus for a trip into town a week later.

Offline Zeusthedoc

I don't do deposits as a matter of principle.

I have paid before the date of a session with a girl once before - but it was a girl I had seen about 6/7 times, it was £10, and it went to her personal account (I know her real name).

Going forward - its a point I would just walk away from even trying to book a punt over.

Running a business has its risks - that's what these girls are doing. The difference is this game is so cloak and dagger girls get to set the rules. I'm fine with them setting the rules - so they need to be ok with guys wanting to see other providers!

Offline Jock D

Tbh, anyone daft enough to pay a deposit for a booking...deserves all they get. :dancegirl:

moosehead69

I was on a WGs twitter there for shits n giggles. Noticed a tweet re defending her request for deposits via wiring. The amount of feckless White Knighting in the comments section;
"I don't mind paying a deposit, because I know i'm going to defo meet her."
The common sense counter-argument: "How can you be sure? What if you pay the money and she doesn't show up?"
Cracker of a response: "Would never happen, in fact, I doubt it's ever happened to any client."  :crazy: :bomb:

But the worst WK-cuntery; "Let's call no-shows what they are; thieves!! They book and don't show robbing SWs of money they would have made!!!"  :crazy: :wacko: :crazy: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

It's service provision and I have the same attitude to sexwork as any other service. No Service=No Money, Service=Money.
I don't walk into a Barbers and pay them to cut my hair a few days from now, or pay a taxi or a bus for a trip into town a week later.

WGs taking deposits is no new thing. How many times has it been brought up here now?

As for it being like a haircut, I think you'll find the more and more shops take a deposit now.  I paid a 50% deposit for a back, sack n crack wax. Never seen a barber do it, but they might.  I go to a unisex place.  I just paid my builders half upfront with the final invoice to be sent on completion of the work.  Same with the new front door I just got fitted.  Half was paid in advance.  But they don't suck dick for cash (at least not as far as I know).

TWs are the Self-employed persons nightmare, and they try and avoid having their time wasted and I don't blame them. Prozzies are no different to any other SEmployed person in that respect.  If you're serious about wanting a service, then it should be no issue to pay a deposit and the balance on arrival.  But there's a definite trust imbalance with SPs, over other SE workers, and for obvious reasons. How many SP's would you genuinely trust to do that with? They need to realise we don't view them like the local tiling company.

I see some talk about blacklisting people on their AW profiles and some are changing to same-day bookings, and I can't help wonder if comments on here that have paid a part in that.  They definitely read the site; we know they do.  Can't remember who it was, but someone a month or so back mentioned this and pre-booking them to secure a space with a trusted SP, then admitted when the day comes, he mostly cancels as he no longer has the horn.  Seeing us write stuff like that does little to dim down their concerns that we are TWs. 

As has been mentioned, it's a cloak n dagger business for both parties, so can't see many punters being ok with a deposit method that reveals their name. I've seen some request deposits via AW credits, which presumably they redeem somehow. Possibly an alternative.

If I cancelled on an SP say twice in a row, I'd take it as a given she was going to label me a TW.  If I really wanted to see her, and she didn't block me, I'd consider going to meet her to pay half upfront first in cash, if she was well respected.   Another option if youv'e cancelled too many times would be to change your punting phone number to get around the existing one being labelled a TW.  Sneaky, but effective, unless they know your voice; then you're fucked. 

Deposits and the do's and don'ts of paying them have been discussed on here umpteen times.  Little changes in terms of replies, and it boils down to personal choice.  Either do it or don't and stick with what suits you.   But if you are a known TW to the prozzie, then you'll likely find it harder to get a booking with them.  It's basic bloody common sense.  Waste their time = pissing them off.  We experience the same feeling in return when they do it to us, and we leave them negative feedback here.  Like much else in this game, it's a two-way street.  We review their unreliability, they punish ours. Again, can't remember who but someone mentioned last week that he has been blacklisted not just by an SP who's time he wasted, but by her pals too; so some are sharing our details.

My dentist has started charging upfront for your scale n polish (I had to pay for 3 the other day before they'd let me book) and Iv'e noticed i'm taking my debit card out more and more for pre-payments, and in a variety of businesses, so stands to reason there would be an increase in this business also.  Maybe just a sign of the times.  But i'd be helluva more hesitant to do it with an SP.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:43:41 pm by moosehead69 »

Offline man1970

clipping punters for deposits or the whole fee is as old as the game itself...if you have been around long enough it will probably have happened to you-the old days were bad-no feedback,streetwalkers or saunas was about as good as it got,i think the older you get the more wary you are

its not the same as getting a bit of work done to the house,car etc-its not as if most folk will go down to the local trading standards office to complain-they will just take the hit and be more careful next time

SI2018

Decorators often ask for a deposit up front 'to buy paint' etc. Hotels often take payment up front and keep it if you cancel late. Many restaurants - specially in London - take credit card details and charge you for a no show.

If a girl takes deposits and does a runner she will soon get a rep for it.  Up to each punter whether to pay a deposit or not - but no reason why a WG can't ask for it. It's her business to run as she sees fit.

moosehead69

Decorators often ask for a deposit up front 'to buy paint' etc. Hotels often take payment up front and keep it if you cancel late. Many restaurants - specially in London - take credit card details and charge you for a no show.

If a girl takes deposits and does a runner she will soon get a rep for it.  Up to each punter whether to pay a deposit or not - but no reason why a WG can't ask for it. It's her business to run as she sees fit.

+1

The punter is under no obligation to book. Not sure why it keeps coming up, as it's such a basic thing.  Yay or nay for each individual and the reasons they do it are obvious.  As you say, with the option for us to use this site, the con artists would be outed instantly.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:25:00 pm by moosehead69 »

Offline willie loman

Am surprised more girls don't ask for a deposit, it makes sense, restaurants do it.

Offline dthompson88

On a side note; family have been in the building trade for years, we (and many others) stopped the practice of taking a deposit years ago. What we do now is either tell the customer re materials; what and where to buy stuff or pay for materials ourselves, deliver all the stuff to their door and get reimbursed. If they refuse we take the stuff back, all we lose out on is petrol money (and a bad customer) with zero damage to reputation.

The subject of deposits has been raised on here many times as mentioned above, usually when some mug has been ripped off though. Not many reviews on this forum start with ‘so, I paid my deposit’ that end well.
Also, pay any money into a WG account and you’ve waived your right to walk for whatever the reason. That money isn’t going back into your account after some obese Romanian  swamp donkey has opened the door to you after advertising as petite Scottish Helen from Glasgow. You don’t even get the house number until you’re on the street! I can’t believe some are actually encouraging this FFS.

Offline DaVINCI

The subject of deposits has been raised on here many times as mentioned above, usually when some mug has been ripped off though. Not many reviews on this forum start with ‘so, I paid my deposit’ that end well.
Also, pay any money into a WG account and you’ve waived your right to walk for whatever the reason. That money isn’t going back into your account after some obese Romanian  swamp donkey has opened the door to you after advertising as petite Scottish Helen from Glasgow. You don’t even get the house number until you’re on the street! I can’t believe some are actually encouraging this FFS.
l agree, ridiculous, l would never pay a deposit under any circumstance.

Just asking to be ripped off at some point.  :crazy:

Offline willie loman

l agree, ridiculous, l would never pay a deposit under any circumstance.

Just asking to be ripped off at some point.  :crazy:

So how should a wg organise her business? Do you have any idea of the amount of timewasters who phone wgs? If you don't want to pay a deposit go elsewhere, simples.

Offline Uncle Buck

Is this thread necessary?
If a WG wants to ask for a deposit then that’s her prerogative.
If a punter wants to agree to her T&Cs then that his prerogative.
If he doesn’t, then he shops elsewhere.

UB

Offline chinafan

Is this thread necessary?
If a WG wants to ask for a deposit then that’s her prerogative.
If a punter wants to agree to her T&Cs then that his prerogative.
If he doesn’t, then he shops elsewhere.

UB

I think the OP is more annoyed at the white knights defedning the process

Most seasoned working girls can suss a bullshitter within the initial comms I recon. I’ve been told that if they are unsure of a punters commitment to meet they’ll ask them to put a booking through so they can leave negative feedback if they don’t show.
A lot of working girls build up a regular client base and only encounter time wasters when they’re filling in the gaps. No shows, we’ll thats just the nature of the beast. If anybody here is willing to pay a deposit, especially to someone they’ve never met, then they can fill their boots.
The OP does seem to be slating the white knights defending this and both sides are entitled to their opinion but, I’d never pay a deposit to anyone...my choice.
With the way things are going on adult work with pricing, £100 h/h and upwards, PG scams, B&S and just outright lying about services offered, age and false photos, I’d be very wary about deposits. 
With all the threads on here about robbery with threat of violence and being scammed (usually through deposits in some form) it seems mad to think paying any form of deposit is a good idea.

Offline DaVINCI

So how should a wg organise her business? Do you have any idea of the amount of timewasters who phone wgs? If you don't want to pay a deposit go elsewhere, simples.
Yes l am aware of the amount they receive.

Like a lot of SP are currently requesting, which is to book through the A/W booking system to alliviate the timewasters. There has to be a “Happy medium” for both sides.

SP requesting a deposit  :wackogirl: IMO would dramatically reduce the amount of punters they receive and would harm their business so to speak.

I would take my business elsewhere and if a deposit was still incessant in the marketplace l would just punt overseas more or return to the sauna scene  :hi: