Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: UKP Site Error? - "Cannot Reach this Page"  (Read 612 times)

Offline PatMacGroin

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else been getting the browser connection error shown in the image below? I may have first noticed it about a week ago, but now it seems to be a constant problem.

Of course it could be a problem with my PC. But I browse lots of different sites and UKP pages are the only ones generating this message.

On most sites I use I generally, open several pages in a new tab off the main page. E.g. opening 3 or 4 topics from the punting discussions board. I usually read them, close them, then open a few more to browse. On UKP I am finding that from the 3rd page onwards every page opened generates this error message. Most of the time refreshing the page doesn't resolve it.

As UKP is the only site doing this to me my first thought is that it's some sort of issue with the UKP site or it's host servers struggling with traffic. But I'm writing this at 3.30 am, it's not exactly peak time.

Anyone else noticed the same problem? Or have any constructive comments about what could be causing it? It's getting very annoying.

Cheers PatMc

Hidden Image/Members Only

vw

Edge need I say more, shite browser IMO. 

Maybe try chrome, opera or firefox. 

OldAdmin

That error page doesn't tell much, could in the future click on the 'Details' link at the bottom of that page for more details.

At those times of the day there are number of 'maintenance' tasks running, e.g. backup, compiling stats, updating PuntingWiki, etc. When some of those tasks (e.g. backup) run they may hang the site for a minute or two.

Sometimes when I ban members it brings the whole site down for a few minutes, this is a known issue with the SMF forum software, the developers say it only affects large forums so don't have plans to fix this problem (it's related to MySQL indexes). If that's the case it's only going to get worse as we're racing to hit 2 million posts and 200,000 members.

Offline PatMacGroin

Thanks for the response Admin, but I think VW is right. Microsoft Edge is the problem.

Been having the same issues while using edge this evening. Switch to Firefox and it's fine.

It's a shame, I've gotten into the habit of using Edge for my smuttier browsing. I'm going to have to remember to keep opening private windows in Firefox  :(

vw

Thanks for the response Admin, but I think VW is right. Microsoft Edge is the problem.

Been having the same issues while using edge this evening. Switch to Firefox and it's fine.

It's a shame, I've gotten into the habit of using Edge for my smuttier browsing. I'm going to have to remember to keep opening private windows in Firefox  :(

why not create a private browsing link

External Link/Members Only

James999

Happens loads over the last week, click on a link and you get

This page can’t be displayed
•Make sure the web address https://www.ukpunting.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

But the sites up and running fine on other tab, in fact made this post and the above appeared, so had to repeat.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:19:28 pm by James999 »

OldAdmin

I think it's firewall related (on UKP's side, not yours), have relaxed a restriction to see if it reduces the problem.
I may have set connection limit per IP too low, so when a browser opens high number of connections to UKP they get sent a "TCP Reset" in reply.

Offline blackburnian

I think it's firewall related (on UKP's side, not yours), have relaxed a restriction to see if it reduces the problem.
I may have set connection limit per IP too low, so when a browser opens high number of connections to UKP they get sent a "TCP Reset" in reply.

I've been getting this on edge too boss - especially when I look in moderation log , click through on the link & the site tries to open a fresh tab with the reported post - then the error message comes up , not too bad if I manually open a new tab .

Bb

Offline PatMacGroin

Thanks Admin. Whatever changes you made seem to have resolved the issue for me.