Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Stuff I miss and that's not around any more.  (Read 20867 times)

Offline King Nuts

As the Pink Floyd songs goes 'and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you'.

I was watching a bit of series one of 'Ray Donovan' the other day, and they were all using Blackberries. I think that series was shot in 2012, only a decade ago. I had a Blackberry then, and loved it. But then they disappeared.

Other things:

Cassette tapes. A Mivvi (was a lolly with ice cream the middle.) The Ford Cortina and Capri. Being able to fly somewhere last minute, cheaply. Using an actual pen to sign something. Getting phone calls on a landline.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 06:07:35 pm by King Nuts »

Online scutty brown

I'm surprised you don't miss hand cranking the car

Online ulstersubbie

Being able to fly somewhere last minute, cheaply. Using an actual pen to sign something. Getting phone calls on a landline.

I thought this was still possible in 2022.  🤔

Offline spiralnotebook

I'm surprised you don't miss hand cranking the car

Fucking hell Scutty you’re SO dry   :D :lol:

:hi:

Offline fudi_maar

I miss women with hairy pussies.

The 80's pussy was so sexy.

Offline lamboman

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 07:43:29 pm by lamboman »
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lillythesavage

I have a Capri, recently sold the Cortina, but looking for another one. They have not gone away, just got more expensive.

Offline willie loman

me too, ive been predicting the return of the bush for 15 years, i accept that ive got it wrong

Offline standardpostage

My teeth  :(

Difficult to eat salted peanuts with dentures. 

Offline sir wanksalot

Random friends popping in without an "appointment"

Watching the same programmes on TV at the same time as most of the nation

Life appeared to be simpler then but as is always the way when you lived in those times it didn't feel it at the time.

Offline mr.bluesky

Not for me. Who wants to be spitting out pubes when you go down on one  :scare:

Offline mr.bluesky

Comedians on the TV that could tell jokes without offending snowflakes and the woke brigade

Offline willie loman

Comedians on the TV that could tell jokes without offending snowflakes and the woke brigade

modern comics are way more offensive than in the old days, moreover they actually write their own stuff, rather than recite stories about their mother in laws

Offline mr.bluesky

modern comics are way more offensive than in the old days, moreover they actually write their own stuff, rather than recite stories about their mother in laws

I doubt that . Do you not remember the likes of Bernard Manning  :unknown: Today's comedians are very tame compared to some of the past comedians. Roy chubby Brown is still going strong but you would never see him on tv.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:31:01 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline tynetunnel

I recall a Jim Davidson joke from probably the 70’s which definitely would not be allowed today, and would probably see him getting a stretch at Her Majesty’s Pleasure. But I’m certain this was broadcast on the radio and would have been either on BBC or Capital Radio. It was likely entitled “72” and as a schoolboy I found it bone shakingly funny  :rolleyes:

Offline King Nuts

Offline King Nuts

I thought this was still possible in 2022.  🤔

Last minute flights are always top dollar these days. At work, I rarely see any actual paper, so there's never anything to sign. And everyone uses and calls each other on mobiles these days.

Offline lillythesavage

Last minute flights are always top dollar these days.

Not the case, might be because of lower post pandemic demand though, but there are last minute bargains to be had, think they have realised something is better than nothing.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I doubt that . Do you not remember the likes of Bernard Manning  :unknown: Today's comedians are very tame compared to some of the past comedians. Roy chubby Brown is still going strong but you would never see him on tv.
Chubby Brown is still going, but I'm not sure how strongly, Morecambe council have cancelled his show and he had one cancelled in Sheffield last year.

No sense of humour some people.   :D

Offline lillythesavage

Chubby Brown is still going, but I'm not sure how strongly, Morecambe council have cancelled his show and he had one cancelled in Sheffield last year.

No sense of humour some people.   :D

I am sure he was on the recordings mentioned, made in this pub, the old man was a regular and had all the recordings, which of course I played to my mates  :D

External Link/Members Only

Offline Liverpool

Offline willie loman

i would be astonished if bernard manning had written even one line of his routine, old comics just recited lines

Offline mr.bluesky

i would be astonished if bernard manning had written even one line of his routine, old comics just recited lines

He may not of written them but he told them  :unknown:

Offline JontyR

A Mivvi (was a lolly with ice cream the middle.)

I'm not sure where you are, but round by me we have these things called supermarkets. They sell things. Including things such as these.

Offline timsussex

just about every supermarket sells them ( ice cream on  a stick with lolly surround) but Mivvi were first - choice of strawberry or pineapple if memory serves

Online Thephoenix

Sarsaparilla and Dandylion & Burdock.

Offline mr.bluesky

Sarsaparilla and Dandylion & Burdock.

You can still buy dandelion & burdock. In fact you can buy an alcoholic version (4%) proof. Very nice it is too . Made by Hoopers

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:34:54 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline RedKettle

Online Doc Holliday

I'm not sure where you are, but round by me we have these things called supermarkets. They sell things. Including things such as these.

just about every supermarket sells them ( ice cream on  a stick with lolly surround) but Mivvi were first - choice of strawberry or pineapple if memory serves

Indeed I regulary buy Strawberry Splits from Morrisons. Always a box of six for just £1 but gone up to £1.09 this week!!!

Mivvi were splits made by Lyon's Maid (now gone I think?) Also did Raspberry as well as Strawberry and Pineapple. I rmember Orange Maid too with fondness.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 07:06:36 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline fisherofsouls

Being able to stop the car to pop in and buy a paper without the All-Seeing Eye automatically generating a  £120 fine :(

You did have to dodge the traffic wardens for sure, but at least you had a fighting chance !

Offline King Nuts

I have a Capri, recently sold the Cortina, but looking for another one. They have not gone away, just got more expensive.

I saw a Capri a week or so back. I think it was a P reg, so that'd be 1975, right? Looked in pretty good nick. The first Capri I'd seen in years. Never owned one, but wish I had.

I just looked on Autotrader. They've only got eight for sale in the whole country. But I'd imagine a lot of classic dealers don't list there.

Offline Ghost89

Video shops. Especially the little independent ones. Not knowing what your gonna come away with. Back in the day renting a video was a bit of a treat especially on birthdays.

Offline lillythesavage

Being able to stop the car to pop in and buy a paper without the All-Seeing Eye automatically generating a  £120 fine :(

You did have to dodge the traffic wardens for sure, but at least you had a fighting chance !

It is not legal to issue parking fines detected by a camera anymore.

Offline mr.bluesky

Hi Fi stacks with twin Cassette tapes and CD player so you could  make your own compilation tapes of your favourite tracks to play in you car, (then hoping your car tape player wouldn't chew them up  :scare: ) or play them on your SonyWalkman

Offline lillythesavage

I saw a Capri a week or so back. I think it was a P reg, so that'd be 1975, right? Looked in pretty good nick. The first Capri I'd seen in years. Never owned one, but wish I had.

I just looked on Autotrader. They've only got eight for sale in the whole country. But I'd imagine a lot of classic dealers don't list there.

Plenty still around, though the 75 one you saw is quite rare, the MK2 was never the biggest seller, had a short production compared to others and not the most desirable model now.
Few find the way to Autotrader.

Years back a friend bought a low miles original last of the line 280, people laughed at the 1500 quid he paid for it, thought he was bonkers, he recently turned down my 25k for it, in reality it is probably worth nearer 50k to the right buyer, a 2.8i with just 3600 miles recently came to market with a 75k price tag, whether it will achieve that is debatable.

Offline mr.bluesky

My Raleigh Chopper bike. Greatest bike ever made. I've owned racing bikes and currently own a mountain bike but nothing comes close to the fun of riding a chopper bike. They only had 3 gears but if you had one you were the coolest dude in your street  :cool:

Offline lillythesavage

My Raleigh Chopper bike. Greatest bike ever made. I've owned racing bikes and currently own a mountain bike but nothing comes close to the fun of riding a chopper bike. They only had 3 gears but if you had one you were the coolest dude in your street  :cool:

In the UK the most iconic, but greatest ever made? Maybe most dangerous ever made, there are def, bikes that are a better ride, like most of them  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

In the UK the most iconic, but greatest ever made? Maybe most dangerous ever made, there are def, bikes that are a better ride, like most of them  :D

If  I remember correctly there used to be a warning on the white band across the saddle  about not carrying passengers.  If you did and the bike hit a little bump you would be tipped over arse over tit   :scare:

Online Thephoenix

.....and dont forget the Kia -Ora Aurora!

Online badsin

Mentioned previously, and I stand by my comments at the time  :hi:
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=299311.msg3129956#msg3129956

Ohhh, and cheque books  :hi:

Online maxQ

Hi Fi stacks with twin Cassette tapes and CD player so you could  make your own compilation tapes of your favourite tracks to play in you car, (then hoping your car tape player wouldn't chew them up  :scare: ) or play them on your SonyWalkman

I built one of these during the lock down, the CD player gets lots of use, the tape not so much

It's all on Ebay

Offline Blackpool Rock

Not another "Everything used to be great" and "Everything is shit nowadays" thread  :(

I miss jumping in my car to go go to work in the morning only to find that it won't start due to the weather being either too cold or too damp

I miss not having to breathe in 2nd hand smoke in every public space I go in, fuck me do I miss that  :drinks:

I miss not having to alter my step every 20 metres to avoid dog shit that filthy bastards never used to pick up

Offline sir wanksalot

Not another "Everything used to be great" and "Everything is shit nowadays" thread  :(

I miss jumping in my car to go go to work in the morning only to find that it won't start due to the weather being either too cold or too damp

I miss not having to breathe in 2nd hand smoke in every public space I go in, fuck me do I miss that  :drinks:

I miss not having to alter my step every 20 metres to avoid dog shit that filthy bastards never used to pick up

Aye. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.....

Offline DastardlyDick

Except on Red Routes!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Really  :unknown:
I know they have recently changed the rules a bit and reduced the fines but i've not heard they can't use cameras to give fines at all, personally i'd love to see it as my opinion is that using cameras for this sort of thing is an abuse of the system but hey

All still seems a bit of a minefield

Offline King Nuts

Not another person complaining about how shit a thread is, but 'contributing' to it anyway.

Online Thephoenix

Strolling along Blackpool's golden mile in the 50's with 'me little stick of Blackpool rock',  'kiss me quick' hat, singing 'I do like to be beside the seaside' and looking at all the postcards.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:44:37 pm by Thephoenix »