Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Hammersmith STI/GUM Clinic  (Read 489 times)

Offline PatMacGroin

Has anyone used the STI/GUM Clinic at 10 Hammersmith Broadway?

External Link/Members Only

Would you mind sharing your experience of how you found the service there? E.g:
- When did you go (day of the week and time)?
- Was it busy?
- Roughly how long did it take, from walking in the door to walking out?
- Did you spend a lot of time queueing or waiting around?
- How long did it take too get your results?
- Were the results texted to you? Or email, or postal?

Please excuse the interrogation, I just really hate wasting time.

I'm working in the area and due a check-up so thought I'd try them out. Web site says they do a walk-in first come first served slot booking service. When they're busy they may need to tell you to come back later or even the next day. So they recommend arriving as early as possible.

I saw the schedule says they open at 1pm on Wednesdays, so though I would swing by yesterday. Got there at 12.45 and there were already 20-30 people hanging around the front door. Some of them may have had scheduled appointments for the other sex health services they provide. But it seemed to me that the majority probably decided their lunch break was the best time to get tested. Some of them could even be returning from earlier in the week if they had been pushed out to a Wednesday slot.

There was no clear cut queue to join. So 15 minutes hanging around outside, scrum rush as soon as the front door opened, followed by god knows how long to queue up and register inside? I decided to pop into the Swan across the road for a bit of lunch instead.

I'm in the area for about another week. So if might try again if anyone can confirm that crowds that big are just a Wednesday opening time rush.

Offline LLPunting

In general, every NHS GUM clinic is busy, it's the NHS and there's a shed load of fucking fuck-ups going on.
Best is always to get there before opening time and at a time that is relatively unsocial e.g. 7.30am for an 8am opening.
Avoid Mondays.
Perhaps Tues - Fri mornings?
If you go any time after 9am I'd suggest getting there about an hr before opening.

Once you're in the door you can expect to be in for 2-3 hrs wherever you go.  I can't remember the details of when I went to Hammersmith but I definitely spent almost half a working day away from work.

I got a text to call and then got results confirmed in the post for the STIs that take a week or so to test for.  Chlamydia and a few others are diagnosed within hrs so you wait for those and get the pills/shots there and then.