Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Is this a new scam?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline randomlymad

Found a girl i liked on viva.
messaged her, she lives local but said i can either pay by paypal, or give her a gift card when i get there.
So I confirmed with her - I buy her a £50 google play gift card from whichever shop sells them - and when i get there instead of cash i give her the gift card.

It seems really odd to me, and I feel as though this ia a scam but I have no idea how this could be so?

Any thoughts?

Offline The Man from Del Monte

Sounds weird. She might be new and scared of cash...  vouchers might make it feel less like 'paying' for services. Eitherway, I'd stay clear. You want as little complication as possible.

Offline maxxblue

Found a girl i liked on viva.
messaged her, she lives local but said i can either pay by paypal, or give her a gift card when i get there.
So I confirmed with her - I buy her a £50 google play gift card from whichever shop sells them - and when i get there instead of cash i give her the gift card.

It seems really odd to me, and I feel as though this ia a scam but I have no idea how this could be so?

Any thoughts?

Who is this - do you have a link?

Offline ProfessorYaffle

I've read about a scam where the scammer asks you to buy the gift card then send them a photo of the card to prove you have it, the scammer then reads the card number etc. from the photo and can then use them to draw the cash out of the card without having the card in their possession.

If the card can be linked back to you in some way there's the potential for blackmail or identify theft too.

It feels dodgy to me.

Offline nerascal

I've contacted a few girls on Vivastreet for an outcall.

Almost all asked for deposits by bank transfer varying between £30 and £50. None have been booked!

Offline JayEZ2K

That is 100% dodgy. There is no non-dodgy reason for them to accept anything other than cash, which they can use to buy their own giftcards. Even if you pay on arrival, they can transfer the funds digitally in the other room and then tell you to GTFO. Can you post the link and phone number?

Offline The Man from Del Monte

I've read about a scam where the scammer asks you to buy the gift card then send them a photo of the card to prove you have it, the scammer then reads the card number etc. from the photo and can then use them to draw the cash out of the card without having the card in their possession.

If the card can be linked back to you in some way there's the potential for blackmail or identify theft too.

It feels dodgy to me.
^ This sounds about right!

Offline waynekerr600

It will be a scam. Once you have the card they will either ask for the number or they will get you to a street and then ask for the number.

I'm guessing for the guys who fall for it after driving to a location and feeling horny might give in and give the number.

I always offer them universal vouchers which can be used in any store.

Offline CELICA GT

It will be a scam. Once you have the card they will either ask for the number or they will get you to a street and then ask for the number.

I'm guessing for the guys who fall for it after driving to a location and feeling horny might give in and give the number.

Yip, cash is king in this game .  :hi:

Offline fisherofsouls

Exactly this - the "girl" doesn't even need to be in the same hemispehere to pull this one off !!

Offline Punter007

I've contacted a few girls on Vivastreet for an outcall.

Almost all asked for deposits by bank transfer varying between £30 and £50. None have been booked!

Same experience for me, and seems guaranteed that any ad that says "contact via whatsapp" will be trying to operate this scam.

Offline Rayray23k

Its a scam definitely.
Had thr same think on Skokka. Bought a 200 google play card. Went to location. She asked me to scratch it and give her the number and i said no.
I needed to at least see her. She was like i fear for my own safety.
Next day or two i played with her texting back and forth and offong to meet in public or see her by her window to confirm and she was trying hard to get me to scratch the card.
I ended selling the card online at a small loss to recover my money.
If your a WG, you cannot live off playststion games or movies.

Offline waynekerr600

Its a scam definitely.
Had thr same think on Skokka. Bought a 200 google play card. Went to location. She asked me to scratch it and give her the number and i said no.
I needed to at least see her. She was like i fear for my own safety.
Next day or two i played with her texting back and forth and offong to meet in public or see her by her window to confirm and she was trying hard to get me to scratch the card.
I ended selling the card online at a small loss to recover my money.

That site is rife for it. I doubt think there's a genuine one on there at all.

Offline Arfa2stroke

Its a scam definitely.
Is there a way to exchange Google play for hard cash?
There’s a guy on YouTube that winds up indian scammers that ask for Google cards. Surely there’s a way they change the card value to cash or bank account

Offline Rayray23k

Not that i know of. It took me a while to sign up for a trading account to sell my card less a small a small amount. And you need to take photo proof of the card and serial number to do that.

Offline Dimond dave

:drinks: Personaly gut instinct I'd say yes  :unknown:  being old school any one who who wants a deposit pre payment vouchers top up.   Protect your self bud. Move along to the next one. To me I'd say yes to a scam  :hi:

Offline williambream

I've had a lot of fun with these types when I'm bored. Holding Google cards from the shop with wads of £50 cards without actually buying them gets their juices flowing.

As noted the inevitable request to show the number comes and I usually ask for a photo of the with a shoe on their head etc. Etc.

I usually give them the numbers in increments but refuse to give the last 4 etc. Until I get ever more increasing photos from them then when its going no further just say I fear for my safety and stop messaging. Their messages still keep coming thick and fast  :lol:

The things you do when you're bored 😐
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:17:21 am by williambream »

Offline Stevelondon

I've had a lot of fun with these types when I'm bored. Holding Google cards from the shop with wads of £50 cards without actually buying them gets their juices flowing.

As noted the inevitable request to show the number comes and I usually ask for a photo of the with a shoe on their head etc. Etc.

I usually give them the numbers in increments but refuse to give the last 4 etc. Until I get ever more increasing photos from them then when its going no further just say I fear for my safety and stop messaging. Their messages still keep coming thick and fast  :lol:

I've never been that bored  :lol:

Offline Kev3773

If that what gets you off   :sarcastic:

Offline Dimond dave

:yahoo: you must have a lot of free time bud  :hi:

Offline AgedCases

It feels dodgy to me.

Gift cards are the favoured currency of scammers because they are untraceable.