Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Percentage of take home pay spent on punting rather than just £ spent.  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Jeff_withpetersen

Hi all,

Just following on from the earlier thread about amount spent on punting in £ terms, I thought it'd be interesting just to ask about what people spend as a % of their take home on punting, because the £500 that one guy can easily spend a month would cripple the next guy so maybe percentage terms is the better way to phrase it. Also, in an attempt to give this thread some actual value rather than just gawping/willy waving, how much is too much?

I have a self-imposed rule of only one punt per month so my spend this year is about 5% of total take home, which I think is perfectly reasonable and probably tallies with what a lot of people would spend? And on the second question, personally each to their own but I'd say if you're spending north of 20% of your take home on WGs then maybe that'd be something to look at, when you consider how much better a quality of life that could buy? Just my two penneth worth.

Offline Blackpool Rock

But it also depends what other outgoings you have

Offline latecomer

Yes, an interesting question.  Something tells me that there may be many members who find this a slightly uncomfortable question though, so you may get less replies to it.  On the other hand I may be completely wrong.  Anyway I see this is my 500th post so I may as well add my tuppence worth as well.

Clexy

Good question...I did start to add it all up once but starting wincing at the amount. Bit like if I had back all the money I'd spent on booze.  Have since punted  in bursts during the good times and reminded myself you only live once.  So sorry, not a reply to your question but like so many things in life I find it easier to lie to myself :(

Offline KidCandyShop

If I had saved all the money rather than be a selfish hedonistic fuckup who has spent an inordinate amount on motorcycle racing,  partying hard and shagging I would have a big house on the hill, but instead I have had a fun filled very interesting life which as long as Alzheimer's doesn't get me I can look back on with a big smile, I can't take a big house and money to my grave and no I have no kids.

Offline Home Alone

Hi all,

Just following on from the earlier thread about amount spent on punting in £ terms, I thought it'd be interesting just to ask about what people spend as a % of their take home on punting, because the £500 that one guy can easily spend a month would cripple the next guy so maybe percentage terms is the better way to phrase it. Also, in an attempt to give this thread some actual value rather than just gawping/willy waving, how much is too much?

I have a self-imposed rule of only one punt per month so my spend this year is about 5% of total take home, which I think is perfectly reasonable and probably tallies with what a lot of people would spend? And on the second question, personally each to their own but I'd say if you're spending north of 20% of your take home on WGs then maybe that'd be something to look at, when you consider how much better a quality of life that could buy? Just my two penneth worth.

Fair enough.

The £300 - £350 I quoted in answer to the other thread represents about 1/6 of my monthly income.

When I was suffering from E.A.S. a couple of years ago, I kinda knew I was spending FAR too much - between 25 - 30% - seeing she for whom I had E.A.S. and my current Regular.  It was only when the "penny finally dropped" that I got a proper grasp on my spending, courtesy as much as anything of the patience of my current Regular.

richie12

Started back punting in May 2016 after an absence of more than a decade. In my own mind set out with maybe once or twice a month. Was still wanking at that time (once per day).
Loved being back, decided to reduce the wanking to improve the experiences and improve performance- which worked, but sex drive didn't change so felt I needed to see more WG's to compensate the lack of wanking (which obviously costs nothing).

Number of punts increased, including duo's, as I ticked off things on my "fucket list" and the wanking was completely stopped. Consequently the number of punts went up to as much as 4 in a week on some occasions!!! Length of appointments has also increased significantly over that time from 30 mins/ 60 mins back in May upto regular 60/90 mins and some 120 mins, which obviously cost more.

Now at a point where I love it so much that am spending upto 50% of wages!!!!!!!!!! I find this to be an obscene amount, think I must be addicted and need to do something about it!!! My monthly outgoings are low and am not getting myself into financial difficulties, however realise that for me this is too much and needs to be cut back. Do keep it to a few regular WG's (have done reviews on here) who are fantastic girls, but am a bit like a kid in a sweet shop at times and just want to see them all for 1.5 hrs plus! Need to reign it in big time. Have already planned in and booked in 5 sessions for January, all over 1.5 hrs, costing a packet again!

So February onwards need to reduce significantly and get it under control, set myself a more realistic budget each month. Don't get me wrong have had the time of my life over the past few months-loved every second (almost). Only concern would be the complete abstinence from wanking and to then reduce number of punts will be the toughest part!!  :dash:

Maybe need to reduce the appointment length (not as satisfying) but still see same number??? Don't know what the answer is but need to do something!! :scare:

Offline claretandblue

I don't view what I spend on punting in isolation, it's just part of my "me money" which other blokes may spend playing golf, buying expensive gadgets or going football home and away.

Other than a few beers with mates I don't spend a lot of other cash on me so my punting expenses are in the bigger scheme of things pretty minor.

Offline Hertsgent

About 5% for me (probably slightly less), although as some others have said, a better figure might be percentage of disposable income. I do have a budget - it doesn't stop me doing anything else I want to or need to.

Offline Gustav Klimt

I only use overtime pay to finance my habit. If the overtime stopped I would have to drastically cut down my punting because it would be 25% of my pay & that is unsustainable.

Offline Rockhead

About 10% for me.

However there are months, such as this month, in which I avoid it altogether.

Offline willie loman

I spend 20 % of my income, it would only be a problem if I was depriving wife and kids or missing payments etc. If you stick to 30 minute sauna visits, this hobby is affordable, especially for a mature bloke, who has built up some wealth.

Offline stevedave

A tricky question to answer, as my take home varies from month to month as I'm highly incentivised by commission.

Ball park figure, 8-10%. If it was just on my basic, it'd be a shit tonne higher.

Offline threechilliman

I don't view what I spend on punting in isolation, it's just part of my "me money" which other blokes may spend playing golf, buying expensive gadgets or going football home and away.

Other than a few beers with mates I don't spend a lot of other cash on me so my punting expenses are in the bigger scheme of things pretty minor.

Sort of my take as well. If I didn't spend it on punting, the wife would waste it on something else.

tcm

Online webpunter

Rather than comparing cock sizes when it comes to incomes I prefer to look at things from a different perspective.  Like how much money i spend on punting c.f. the OH generally wasting money on whatever it may be.  This puts things into perspective

Offline Gordon Bennett

I'm retired. I'm not the most prolific punter but this year has been cost neutral punting-wise cos my cash savings/ISAs earned more than I spent on punts. Bastard Santander have just halved the rate on their 1-2-3 current account though so it might be a close shave next year.

Online Malvolio

It varies depending on how much I take home - if I earn an additional six to eight hundred quid in a month then I'll be spending a fair chunk of that.  Over the course of this year, it's going to be about six to seven percent.  If you're talking disposable income, then it's up to around ten percent.

Offline livlad

I tend to do the odd cash job which pays for my weekly punt

Offline prince2

I spend about 20% of my total pension on punting. Approximately equivalent to the State Pension part of my income ie £500 per month. Worth every penny. Actually my cock is the only part of my body that works properly now.     :D                                   

Offline momochan

I spend about 20% of my total pension on punting. Approximately equivalent to the State Pension part of my income ie £500 per month. Worth every penny. Actually my cock is the only part of my body that works properly now.     :D                                   

Dont underestimate yourself mate , your brain works just fine  :drinks:

raylondoner

Less than 5% of disposable income this year  :hi:

Offline Mi-Go

Approx 15%.  I can afford it, and if I hadn't spent it on punting, it would simply have been put in the bank, where it would earn next to no interest.  Should interest rates go up, I may be more inclined to save more.

Offline char45

I spend about 7% of my take home pay, more than 20% would feel bad to me

Swansea lad

At a guess 5-10% but I go through phases of punting and no punting. There's not much on offer where I live, which helps.

shiteatgolf

I have had a few bad months at work pay wise as I am performance based and nearly all of my wage is commission.

When I was earning more I spent less, I am spending more now I am earning less. I think just helping me through the rough patch.

I used to try and not spend more than 10% percent of monthly income, which was £400-500 before. Now I am not evening capping it, I am single and once my bills are paid will punt if I want to.

Offline bunny84

I don't spend much . I've had about 200 hookers over 14 years of punting . I don't regret any of the money I've spent . It save's me money not going on dates with average looking women who might not put out

Online dubhcarr

each punts to their own means........I keep my ave punt price PH to £80 and will punt cheaper girls if I have punted more expensive SP's to balance the books....screwed sometimes if I punt just 30 mins at say £80.......ave percent of income ....not sure but low......and I don't date civvies.....

Finesurface

Because I'm tight as ducks rear end I don't plan on spending more than 5% of my income punting

Offline Razor Boy

Because I'm tight as ducks rear end I don't plan on spending more than 5% of my income punting
Ha ha, I must be in the "Tight as a ducks arse" catagory as it is exactly 5% of gross annual income for 2016 for me, so my punting spreadsheet informs me.  :hi:

Offline peter_bungee

when i started around 2014 it must have been 10% of take home for those two years…

but 2016 i have been good and only had about 5 cheap parlour punts so about 1%!

i would also add a few k as iv punted in Asia, but through my total punting career no more than 5k. 

I have other priorities now like investing for the future and getting free action due to tinder so don't envisage spending much more going forward

Finesurface

Ha ha, I must be in the "Tight as a ducks arse" catagory as it is exactly 5% of gross annual income for 2016 for me, so my punting spreadsheet informs me.  :hi:

Punting spreadsheet.... I like the idea of that, with a pivot table perhaps

Offline nike

I punt once a week, unless I'm on my periods,  :lol:
Throw in the two or three punting holidays and I spend about 10% of my  take home pay, from my main employment. If u chuck in the business income as well , that would bring it down to about 3.5%. As the other half has access to business accounts and records, can't use any of those funds for punting.

Offline Home Alone

I punt once a week, unless I'm on my periods,  :lol:
Throw in the two or three punting holidays and I spend about 10% of my  take home pay, from my main employment. If u chuck in the business income as well , that would bring it down to about 3.5%. As the other half has access to business accounts and records, can't use any of those funds for punting.

What complicated lives some of you have to lead to be punters! :unknown:

I know I'd never be able to get away with it if I had an OH!