Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Postal STI tests - Getting enough blood for the sample  (Read 924 times)

Offline jimgooooo

any one on here have trouble with drawing out enough blood for the HIV sample.

ive used all three lancets and my fingers are starting to look like an old pin cushion with the other attempts ive made.

i thought getting a self sample kit would be more convenient/discreet and save me the time of waiting in the gum clinics but seems im wrong unless i can master self harming :unknown:

Offline Jonestown

Go to the professionals and get it done properly, it's your health after all.

Offline mrfishyfoo

Go to the professionals and get it done properly, it's your health after all.

+1

and it costs less.

Offline Northerndave666

And why would you trust a third party firm with your name, address and dna details, including the results of any diagnosis ?

Offline wannabe

Fingers are pointless. Go for the jugular!

Offline Revolver69

Having done a similar finger prick blood test for something completely different, I can relate to the difficulties you are experiencing.

in my case, the only way I could produce the required amount of blood was to make sure my hand was warmed up sufficiently (soaking  hand in warm water for 5 mins).. but even this wasn't enough. I came across another suggestion of doing some sort of exercise to elevate the heart rate/blood pressure beforehand.... eg. running up and down the stairs a few times. Standing up, and allowing your arm to hang vertically after finger puncture also helped.  Still took a lot of work and 2-3 punctures.  Glad I did it though, as it brought to light an alternative issue  I wasn't looking for which I then went to the GP about. So these things do have value. Good luck  ;)

Offline BlueRock

Just go the clinic, got my results back 2 days later this week. I gave up telling the truth and just say I meet casual partners off tinder.

Offline YorkshireLad

I don't see a problem with Postal STI tests, they are legit...some people (me included) don't like going to GUM clinics & would rather pay.

Offline jawill

Nothing wrong with the postal HIV blood tests - they all usually go to The Doctors Laboratory in London (TDL) which nearly all the private STD clinics use. 

If you are having trouble getting enough blood then try this.   Warm up your thumb or index finger by either putting it in hot water, or sitting on it for a few minutes.  Dry and clean with alcohol wipe.  Stab yourself with the little pin prick thing they give you at the very top of your finger or thumb, push upwards to force the blood out of the hole and into the tube. 

Offline Anadin

My borough uses the free postal test it's awesome but my god does it take time to draw enough blood

I had to watch a video to see that it was indeed possible

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only

It's a bit of hassle but much better than visiting a gum clinic, which I will hopefully never have to do again and I got my results back within a week.

FredMcBobson

Which tests are people using?  Ive seen a few from various sources anywhere from £19.99 to over £500.

Offline lucyhoney

• Service Provider
It's meant to help if you have one arm in the air, and one pointing to the floor for a few minutes.
Then take the blood from the one that has been pointing to the floor.
Sounds bloody painful, I wouldn't be brave enough!