Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: PCN while punting..  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Ipad12345

Anyone else have the misfortune of getting a PCN while punting.. -_-. Went for a punt after a while yesterday (review to follow), saw plenty of parking spaces one road before - So Parked without reading the sign as it was after 2000, so i thought thats okay - probably no restriction, as no sane person will put restriction after 2000 unless private development or road works etc..

But, this imbecile council puts permit holder only until 22:00 - Come on.. ffs until 22:00 never seen that in my life. £55 down the drain and guess how long it took em to give a ticket, 10 minutes. I know defo this is a nice money maker for the council and they defo have cameras in place monitoring the spot so be vigilante guys. Luckily for me I'm single so this not a issue.
Banned reason: Trolling + Threats of violence
Banned by:

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Yes, similar to yours. Parked at a similar in an area where I didn't realise it was a residential parking area only.

Luckily the fine was attached to the windscreen, and provided I paid it within 14 days, fine would be reduced by 50%, and no letter would come in the post.

Didn't waste any time, paid it the very next day.

Offline Chorley

Had something similar following instructions of where to park from the WG.
Followed it to the tee and got a £60 fine.  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline standardpostage

Sorry to hear about your Parking Charge Notices.  Councils, police  and private companies use the motorist as a cash cow. My local council increased the time for charging on car parks from 6 pm to 10 pm.  There reason was, they had to increase revenue due to government cuts. Hope your punts good to make up for it. PS, I've also been done for parking and twice for speeding :-/

Offline nimrodluvsit

Yes, similar to yours. Parked at a similar in an area where I didn't realise it was a residential parking area only.

Luckily the fine was attached to the windscreen, and provided I paid it within 14 days, fine would be reduced by 50%, and no letter would come in the post.

Didn't waste any time, paid it the very next day.

Similar to this in Bury, a long time ago.  Bit pissed off to say the least, especially as the girl wasn't worth the extra in parking fine which it cost me!  And before anyone asks, the girl no longer works and it was before my membership here.

Offline Ipad12345

Cheers lads for the support  :hi:

It just  bugging me, £55 quid would have been a quickie for today lol.
Banned reason: Trolling + Threats of violence
Banned by:

Offline joe diddley

Council, police and TFL fines I pay. Those from private companies that regulate supermarket carparks, etc. I don't. The private companies call their tickets PCNs but are not allowed to call them Penalty Charge Notices, so they refer to them as Payment Charge Notices. They only legally have the status of invoices. They may threaten to take you to court but 99 times out of 100 they won't. It isn't worth it for them. They pay £5 to the DVLA for your address in the hope of frightening you into paying but if you hold firm and don't pay, they'll go away in time. Enough frightened people they've caught pay up to make it worth their while to spend £5 hoping they'll scare you too into paying, but don't. If they threaten to take to court after "this last letter', just write back saying that if you are issued with proceedings you will contest them in court. You may be bluffing but then so, 99 times out of 100, are they.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:02:45 pm by joe diddley »

Offline Anadin

Council, police and TFL fines I pay. Those from private companies that regulate supermarket carparks, etc. I don't. The private companies call their tickets PCNs but are not allowed to call them Penalty Charge Notices, so they refer to them as Payment Charge Notices. They only legally have the status of invoices. They may threaten to take you to court but 99 times out of 100 they won't. It isn't worth it for them. They pay £5 to the DVLA in the hope of frightening you into paying but if you hold firm and don't pay, they'll go away in time.

The courts seem to  side with then now so if they don't go away it'll cost you.

Offline joe diddley

The courts seem to  side with then now so if they don't go away it'll cost you.

They tell you that in their literature (their letters to you) but it isn't as cut and dried as they like to make you think. The chances are that they'll still go away.

Offline flyingduck

Yeah I had a (private) PCN go away recently but it took two years of ignoring their letters and letters from solicitors.
Well, I hope they've gone away...

Offline Blackpool Rock

Council, police and TFL fines I pay. Those from private companies that regulate supermarket carparks, etc. I don't. The private companies call their tickets PCNs but are not allowed to call them Penalty Charge Notices, so they refer to them as Payment Charge Notices. They only legally have the status of invoices. They may threaten to take you to court but 99 times out of 100 they won't. It isn't worth it for them. They pay £5 to the DVLA for your address in the hope of frightening you into paying but if you hold firm and don't pay, they'll go away in time. Enough frightened people they've caught pay up to make it worth their while to spend £5 hoping they'll scare you too into paying, but don't. If they threaten to take to court after "this last letter', just write back saying that if you are issued with proceedings you will contest them in court. You may be bluffing but then so, 99 times out of 100, are they.
Just had a 3rd letter threatening court action and a CCJ + solicitors fees etc from a "parking eye" ticket received on a punt
What's the best route to take as i've ignored the 1st 2 letters, should I continue to ignore or open dialogue asking for a face photo so I can see who to pass the fine on to?
My thinking is if they can't provide a photo of the driver then how can they apportion the fine as the law is based on proof

Offline joe diddley

Yeah I had a (private) PCN go away recently but it took two years of ignoring their letters and letters from solicitors.
Well, I hope they've gone away...

Some like ParkingEye are more persistent than others.

Offline joe diddley

Just had a 3rd letter threatening court action and a CCJ + solicitors fees etc from a "parking eye" ticket received on a punt
What's the best route to take as i've ignored the 1st 2 letters, should I continue to ignore or open dialogue asking for a face photo so I can see who to pass the fine on to?
My thinking is if they can't provide a photo of the driver then how can they apportion the fine as the law is based on proof

My feeling, BR, is that if they didn't do anything after the first letter, they won't do anything after the third, fourth, etc. When I've go the court action threat, I've tended to write back with a brief statement of intent telling them that if they issue proceedings that I will contest them. The idea is to show them that if they go further, they will have to incur further expenses by actually having to send someone to attend court. They don't wish to incur this expense, I'm pretty sure, and they will get the message that it isn't worth pursuing further. My guess is that following this you will only get a couple more letters from them but only piss and wind; no real action from them. That's my opinion and view of course and don't blame me if you follow this and do get summoned!

Offline Blackpool Rock

My feeling, BR, is that if they didn't do anything after the first letter, they won't do anything after the third, fourth, etc. When I've go the court action threat, I've tended to write back with a brief statement of intent telling them that if they issue proceedings that I will contest them. The idea is to show them that if they go further, they will have to incur further expenses by actually having to send someone to attend court. They don't wish to incur this expense, I'm pretty sure, and they will get the message that it isn't worth pursuing further. My guess is that following this you will only get a couple more letters from them but only piss and wind; no real action from them. That's my opinion and view of course and don't blame me if you follow this and do get summoned!
Yeah think i'm going to go down the "can you prove who the driver is" route

nervous colin

I happen to be an expert at taking on these idiots, and I echo whats been said, except the trick is never to write to them and admit you were the driver. They have no right to request the car owners details from dvla and hound them, its the driver at the time who commited the " OFFENCE".
MAny a time I have been told, bailiffs will turn up, and even had a reduced fine after a year of ignoring.
never been taken to court as yetand if I ever do, I will contest and win.

Shynuthorny69

I got hit by London emissions zone fine before when punting (didn't even know it existed til that point haha)

Offline Blackpool Rock

I happen to be an expert at taking on these idiots, and I echo whats been said, except the trick is never to write to them and admit you were the driver. They have no right to request the car owners details from dvla and hound them, its the driver at the time who commited the " OFFENCE".
MAny a time I have been told, bailiffs will turn up, and even had a reduced fine after a year of ignoring.
never been taken to court as yetand if I ever do, I will contest and win.
I'm assuming they are OK to request the info from DVLA as it was mentioned they have to pay for it so a revenue earner for the DVLA.
Agreed i'm not planning on admitting to being the driver but plan to play dumb about ever being there so can they please send me a face photo of the driver so I know who to pass it on to, when they then fail to provide the photo that will be my defense

Bootleg

I had a pre-work punt a few months ago and was in a daze when I parked in my normal car park.

In my post-coital bliss I completely forgot to buy a ticket  :crazy:

I explained this to the WG on our next meet and, although she found it very funny, she point blank refused to pay half the penalty charge  :(

Offline Baldy

I got sent on a driver awareness course for an illegal U turn.

Punt cost me £220 all in , SP never swallowed either.