Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Excellent article  (Read 547 times)

Still-alive

This is a very good article from The Guardian from February which is about laws in Northern Ireland, but may be relevant to what will happen to the sex industry in France.

External Link/Members Only

Personally, I think the idea of the service providers having some kind of site similar to this, where they can compare punters the way we compare WGs, is a brilliant idea, they do have a risky profession when you think about it. Guys who would bother to post here will generally be OK, but there are plenty of creeps out there, I've had more than one WG tell me about a dodgy encounter.

Online Squire Haggard

I saw this article at the time. Its good to hear from someone inside the industry give their views, rather than listen to the government idiots in Northern Ireland. These idiots are doing nobody a favour by pushing prostitution underground, making it more dangerous for everyone involved.

From the article,

''Her broadly upbeat description of her job is at odds with the more widely accepted view of the sex industry as a place where vulnerable women are exploited by their clients. She argues that trafficking is a “minuscule” part of the picture, and claims that concern about rising numbers of women trafficked into the country to work as prostitutes, is whipped up by “prohibitionist campaigners” who “conflate migrant sex workers with trafficking victims, to create a moral panic, and to justify their funding”.

From the article, the result of this sledgehammer thats been used to crack a nut,

''Currently about 50% of her work is in Northern Ireland; since the introduction of law, she has found working there much more dangerous. “People are not willing to use online booking forms, not willing to divulge their details. Everyone suddenly became ‘John’,” she says. “There hasn’t been a reduction in demand, but it is far more difficult to keep myself safe.”

Government in Northern Ireland = total arseholes.  :wacko:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:42:25 am by Squire Haggard »

Offline tesla

Personally, I think the idea of the service providers having some kind of site similar to this, where they can compare punters the way we compare WGs, is a brilliant idea,

thought they already have Saffe?

Still-alive

thought they already have Saffe?

Not really the same as UKP, its more a guide for the WGs as to how to do their business and pitfalls to avoid. I mean something like a list of phone numbers with some info on the punter, like "Polite, pleasant, would love him to come again" or "Bit creepy, thought he might turn violent"....stuff like that. Nothing that could identify a punter, just general comments for their own safety. We could hardly complain after some of the stuff we say about them.