Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: staying logged in to AdultWork  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Marmalade

If you use the logged-in features of AW, it can be annoying to get automatically logged out.

How do I stay logged in / I keep getting logged out

"There is an automatic timeout of 20 minutes on the Site.  If you do not request or submit a page within 20 minutes of last doing so, the next time you do, you will be returned to the login page." (Extended to 60 mins if writing a drool report.)

AW advise to keep the Emails & Bookings Page open if you don't want to be timed out (handy if you are waiting for an email) but even that is a bit iffy (the one thing that does stay logged in is if you hover the mouse over "Emails & Bookings, check for messages" which will tell you if you have an unread prossie-prose.

Firefox has a couple of add-ons called Session Keeper and also mSession Keeper. Still experimenting with them. Any other good techie tips or useful add-ons for AW?

Offline lewishamguy

If you use the logged-in features of AW
, it can be annoying to get automatically logged out.

How do I stay logged in / I keep getting logged out

"There is an automatic timeout of 20 minutes on the Site.  If you do not request or submit a page within 20 minutes of last doing so, the next time you do, you will be returned to the login page." (Extended to 60 mins if writing a drool report.)

AW advise to keep the Emails & Bookings Page open if you don't want to be timed out (handy if you are waiting for an email) but even that is a bit iffy (the one thing that does stay logged in is if you hover the mouse over "Emails & Bookings, check for messages" which will tell you if you have an unread prossie-prose.

Firefox has a couple of add-ons called Session Keeper and also mSession Keeper. Still experimenting with them. Any other good techie tips or useful add-ons for AW?

Not quite sure what do you mean here if you say logged in is an additional features of AW? in general once you log in to your profile and if you're inactive for 20mins it'll be logged out automatically. I use opera browser so I don't need to type user name and password every time except four turing letters, so it's quite simple for me to login AW ;)

Quesadilla

Not quite sure what do you mean here if you say logged in is an additional features of AW? in general once you log in to your profile and if you're inactive for 20mins it'll be logged out automatically. I use opera browser so I don't need to type user name and password every time except four turing letters, so it's quite simple for me to login AW ;)
I often have AW open while I'm doing other things as I work from home, so I might start typing an email to a WG or writing an AW review, get sidetracked and not finish for 20 mins. Then I hit submit only to be told you're not logged in and lose everything you've just typed! Aaargh!

So I would also like a way to ensure I stay logged in. Writing a review is the worst because it can easily take me 20 mins. I have learnt my lesson the hard way so now usually before I hit submit I open a new tab and go to the email page which ensures I am logged in but it is a bit of a pain when I forget.

Offline Marmalade

I often have AW open while I'm doing other things as I work from home, so I might start typing an email to a WG or writing an AW review, get sidetracked and not finish for 20 mins. Then I hit submit only to be told you're not logged in and lose everything you've just typed! Aaargh!
There's TextArea Cache (Firefox) to remember stuff typed into a text input area; but not getting automatically logged out is better.

Offline mcardle464

I find this annoying too.  As my computer is not going to be seen by anyone else I don't have privacy issues.  Other non-punting sites often have a checkbox, e.g. "stay logged in".

AW could easily put that as an option for those of us who want it, but of course, there is no way I can find to contact them to suggest it.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I find it logs me out after 20 mins of non-activity. However, if you are sent an email, the site will still update it immediately, and (1) will appear in the tab. you still then need to log in in order to read it.

So I would also like a way to ensure I stay logged in. Writing a review is the worst because it can easily take me 20 mins. I have learnt my lesson the hard way so now usually before I hit submit I open a new tab and go to the email page which ensures I am logged in but it is a bit of a pain when I forget.

Have yet to see a way round this. Happens quite often wth me. Best thing to do is just before you hit the Send button, Copy and paste your message/report into a word doc. that way, if email/report os not submitted, you can re log in and paste your email and press return. Make sure you then CLOSE the Word Doc Properly, WITHOUT saving it.

galcom666

Err I just use a reload every plugin. Set it on a different window for every 10 minutes. Browse and stuff in a different window.

galcom666

Ok so here is how to do it.

Go into firefox, go to tools and search auto reload.

You want something called Reloadevery 17.00

Download it (it has a $4.99 suggested donation) restart firefox.

Go to AW, log in right click and open the tab reload every and set it to every 10 minutes.

Keep this window open but browse elsewhere in another window as if you navigate away the reload every setting is reset to off.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

Go to AW, log in right click and open the tab reload every and set it to every 10 minutes.

Keep this window open but browse elsewhere in another window as if you navigate away the reload every setting is reset to off.

cheers  :thumbsup:

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider

Doesn't work for me :( Still logs me out if I leave it on that page for over 20 mins. If I receive an email it shows me that I have a new message, but I still have to log back in to read it.

Online webpunter

Best thing to do is just before you hit the Send button, Copy and paste your message/report into a word doc. that way, if email/report os not submitted, you can re log in and paste your email and press return. Make sure you then CLOSE the Word Doc Properly, WITHOUT saving it.
You don't need to save to a word document.  Just highlight the section & press copy.  Then re-login etc & start the message again & press paste
Remember:
1/ don't write long AW mails which get you logged out
2/ then go into some other everyday file / browser page - highlight a section.  Anything & press copy.  This means that you don't accidentally paste the AW message into something you shouldn't - as the 'copy' function only holds one item as far as i am aware

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
You don't need to save to a word document.  Just highlight the section & press copy.  Then re-login etc & start the message again & press paste
Remember:
1/ don't write long AW mails which get you logged out
2/ then go into some other everyday file / browser page - highlight a section.  Anything & press copy.  This means that you don't accidentally paste the AW message into something you shouldn't - as the 'copy' function only holds one item as far as i am aware

Noted about word doc.

Thanks good point. Yes, Always copy something else from your "daily" work, as pressing ctrl V always pastes the last copied item. Great tip if pc or laptop is shared.

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
I have actually put a request in to the feedback part of AW to ask if we could have the option of staying logged in like we do on here and other places.  Unfortunately they only do something if enough people ask for it so why not pop it in the relevant section of the help part and ask.  the more who ask the likelier AW will get of their arses and do something

Online webpunter

Noted about word doc.
Thanks good point. Yes, Always copy something else from your "daily" work, as pressing ctrl V always pastes the last copied item. Great tip if pc or laptop is shared.
Can you imagine doing an email to the OH and accidentally pressing paste
Then whatever you have sent to the AW girlie is there in black & white
Even worse if you provide a summary as to how you would like the appt to run - especially if you are into weird stuff
Now that wouldn't go to all her mates would it ?  Might even end up on MNet  :scare:

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator

I have actually put a request in to the feedback part of AW to ask if we could have the option of staying logged in like we do on here and other places.  Unfortunately they only do something if enough people ask for it so why not pop it in the relevant section of the help part and ask.  the more who ask the likelier AW will get of their arses and do something

"Reload Every" Add-On in Firefox Definitely works. Have not had to re-log in all afternoon  :yahoo:

Offline Marmalade

Doesn't work for me :( Still logs me out if I leave it on that page for over 20 mins. If I receive an email it shows me that I have a new message, but I still have to log back in to read it.

Yeah, I said that's what they recommend, not what I recommend. As you say, you at least get that +1 popup when you hover over it when you are logged out. I don't know that staying on the page makes a difference. I'm ok with the devices I've mentioned but there's no end of variables with different browsers. Firefox at least has lots of extensions to choose from (sometimes too many). The reload one sounds a good back-up (as long as it doesn't send lots of donation begging messages).

I complained to AW about the bugginess in their Android WebApp but they said it was my phone or the cache or something. AW is an impressive website, I just hope the techie guys don't get too ambitious (like Apple - 'here's some great bells and whistles, sorry it makes the system less usable').

I stopped using Ctrl-C or Cmnd-C to copy as a back-up after a near-miss pasting it into the wrong text message by accident.

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
Yeah, I said that's what they recommend, not what I recommend. As you say, you at least get that +1 popup when you hover over it when you are logged out. I don't know that staying on the page makes a difference. I'm ok with the devices I've mentioned but there's no end of variables with different browsers. Firefox at least has lots of extensions to choose from (sometimes too many). The reload one sounds a good back-up (as long as it doesn't send lots of donation begging messages).

I complained to AW about the bugginess in their Android WebApp but they said it was my phone or the cache or something. AW is an impressive website, I just hope the techie guys don't get too ambitious (like Apple - 'here's some great bells and whistles, sorry it makes the system less usable').

I stopped using Ctrl-C or Cmnd-C to copy as a back-up after a near-miss pasting it into the wrong text message by accident.

Oh yeah, no critisism aimed at you m'dear :) Just moaning that the AW advice isn't correct.

Steptoe

The auto reload function seems to work well (Firefox) - activate with a right click when on the AW page - but just a word of warning.

If you are one of those individuals who has more than one AW identity (cough cough) then it is SO EASY to forget that you have left one identity/ AW page open ---- and then try to open another. That will result in your identities being linked ie the alias problem.

No, I have NOT fallen into the trap myself but I do use several AW identies (for very genuine purposes) so I am extra alert - to the extent that I use a different browser for each identity and all the browsers are set to "clear cache/ cookies/ history etc" when they close.

Step