Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 26257 times)

Offline WARSZAWA16

Leighton James Wales and Burnley winger aged 71:
External Link/Members Only

Online timsussex

Frank Field - one of the very few MPs that I have total respect for

Offline Doc Holliday

Yes one of the very few good guys. Intelligent and knowledgeable and he genuinely cared. Excellent local MP also during his long tenure.

Offline george r

Leighton James Wales and Burnley winger aged 71:
External Link/Members Only
missed this, but yes fantastic winger and could use both feet very well, far too young

Offline george r

yes seemed very genuine guy unlike most MPs

Offline Thephoenix

A genuine hard working man of principle.

I met him a few times and held him in high regard. R.I.P.

Offline mr.bluesky

30 years ago today F1 driver Ayrton Senna died in a track crash in the San Marino grand Prix. In probably the worst weekend in F1 history Austrian driver Roland Ratzenberger also lost his life in a practice crash the day before.
Ayrton had won 3 World titles before his fatal crash and many rate him as the greatest racing driver of all time.

Offline ulstersubbie

The author Paul Auster has died aged 77. I particularly liked The New York Trilogy, The Music Of Chance, The Book Of Illusions to name but three. I kind of lost interest with his more recent work which didn't really grab me the way his earlier novels did, but an excellent writer nonetheless.

Offline Blackpool Rock

30 years ago today F1 driver Ayrton Senna died in a track crash in the San Marino grand Prix. In probably the worst weekend in F1 history Austrian driver Roland Ratzenberger also lost his life in a practice crash the day before.
Ayrton had won 3 World titles before his fatal crash and many rate him as the greatest racing driver of all time.
Roland Ratzenberger was pretty much forgotten about and hardly got a mention even at the time which wasn't really fair, I remember at work all the talk was about Senna and then a girl looked up and asked "Why are you all just talking about Senna, wasn't there another driver killed too  :unknown:"

Yes Senna was such a well known driver who had won the title 3 times and would have won it again if he'd had the right seat but another man lost his life which is the ultimate sacrifice, I was as much to blame as anyone else for just focussing on Senna but now as i'm older I reflect and think I was wrong all that time ago

Strangely enough a couple of days ago I opened up a cardboard box of videos and DVD's that I have in storage and the Senna film was on the top, I thought to myself that I must watch that again sometime, probably make it in the next few weeks with this prompt  :drinks:

Offline mr.bluesky

Roland Ratzenberger was pretty much forgotten about and hardly got a mention even at the time which wasn't really fair, I remember at work all the talk was about Senna and then a girl looked up and asked "Why are you all just talking about Senna, wasn't there another driver killed too  :unknown:"

Yes Senna was such a well known driver who had won the title 3 times and would have won it again if he'd had the right seat but another man lost his life which is the ultimate sacrifice, I was as much to blame as anyone else for just focussing on Senna but now as i'm older I reflect and think I was wrong all that time ago

Strangely enough a couple of days ago I opened up a cardboard box of videos and DVD's that I have in storage and the Senna film was on the top, I thought to myself that I must watch that again sometime, probably make it in the next few weeks with this prompt  :drinks:

Rubens Barrichello also had a bad crash that weekend and was knocked unconscious.  Like you say everyone remembers Senna but people forget about Ratzenberger who died the day before. Senna was deeply effected by this and wanted the race weekend called off but was talked in racing which ended in tragic consequences. Despite Prost being a big rival he was one of the pall bearers at his funeral and later became patron of the Senna charity foundation .
I don't think the Williams team ever recovered from this tragedy either. Safety did improve after these events with wheel tethers fitted to all cars and the helmet / neck restraints to stop whiplash injuries
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 04:45:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Rubens Barrichello also had a bad crash that weekend and was knocked unconscious.  Like you say everyone remembers Senna but people forget about Ratzenberger who died the day before. Senna was deeply effected by this and wanted the race weekend called off but was talked in racing which ended in tragic consequences. Despite Prost being a big rival he was one of the pall bearers at his funeral and later became patron of the Senna charity foundation .
Yes that comes out in the film and I always thought it was strange how the 2 drivers seemingly hated each other but then Prost spoke so highly of Senna and then carried his coffin etc

I guess that cut throat bitter rivalry was what spurred both of them on while racing but deep down there was a respect and grudging admiration certainly by Prost towards Senna 

Online Ahalfa Carling

Richard Tandy - keyboard player with ELO passed away on 01/05/24 aged 76

Offline mr.bluesky

Richard Tandy - keyboard player with ELO passed away on 01/05/24 aged 76

Oh no  :cry: no more mr.bluesky
One of the few original members of ELO who still toured with Jeff Lynnes band until recently.  He replaced original member Roy Wood back in 1971.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:04:16 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Jonestown

Duane Eddy, early guitar slinger with a twangy sound, (Peter Gunn theme, Rebel Rouser, etc,), has died aged 88.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:15:36 am by Jonestown »

Offline Thephoenix

Duane Eddy, early guitar slinger with a twangy sound, (Peter Gunn theme, Rebel Rouser, etc,), has died aged 88.

When I bought my first guitar from the famous Hessy's in Liverpool in the late 50s, the   first things l learnt were the Duane Eddy numbers.
Like the Ventures and Shadows stuff.
All easy to play for a beginner.

Having said that they didn't have much competition as the BBC's favourite was still the old Bert Wheedon, if anyone remembers him.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline chrishornx

sad to see Peter Oosterhuis has died.

class player